Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he's already 240 as a junior in HS he's not going to be a college WDE. I don't get too excited about these offers to out of state kids - usually if they're good they'll go to LSU (or Alabama, UGA, Ohio State, or Clemson).
This is just ridiculous. Butters and Mullinz think has infested your brain.

First 240 is about the minimum that a freshman DE should be. 250 would be better. Most of the 240 ish or less guys are really OLBs and never put on weight.

What size was Dante Fowler again? Or Dunlap? Those a prototypical WDEs, still big enough to set the edge (though Dunlap struggled). All rest are just trash recruiting and OLBs being force to play out of position.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is just ridiculous. Butters and Mullinz think has infested your brain.

First 240 is about the minimum that a freshman DE should be. 250 would be better. Most of the 240 ish or less guys are really OLBs and never put on weight.

What size was Dante Fowler again? Or Dunlap? Those a prototypical WDEs, still big enough to set the edge (though Dunlap struggled). All rest are just trash recruiting and OLBs being force to play out of position.

A 240lb HS junior playing DE will be over 250 before he gets to UF as a freshman and will likely play at 265-300lbs. I'd rather see a 240 "Weakside" DE than a 200 pounder (like Summerall).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A 240lb HS junior playing DE will be over 250 before he gets to UF as a freshman and will likely play at 265-300lbs. I'd rather see a 240 "Weakside" DE than a 200 pounder (like Summerall).
MOST of those 240 high school kids still have some of that baby fat too. It all depends on conditioning.

At DT and even SDE, weight is weight and helps you hold ground against these physical freaks but especially at WDE you probably need to be able to cover more ground especially given that we occasionally (though rarely) play them like a linebacker.

Zack Carter needs to be the dude leading everyone else to the weightroom bc he seems to be the only Gator DL that knows there is one.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
MOST of those 240 high school kids still have some of that baby fat too. It all depends on conditioning.

Zack Carter needs to be the dude leading everyone else to the weightroom bc he seems to be the only Gator DL that knows there is one.

True, but taking a 240+ guy vs. a Summerall type seems like a better long term plan than taking the lightweights. As talented as Bogle, Diabate, Hopper, and a few of the other recent lightweights are they simply have not put on enough size. So bringing them in w/ a little size already is my preference.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
True, but taking a 240+ guy vs. a Summerall type seems like a better long term plan than taking the lightweights. As talented as Bogle, Diabate, Hopper, and a few of the other recent lightweights are they simply have not out on enough size. So bringing them in w/ a little size already is my preference.
I agree. I don't even dislike lightweights. One or two is ok. Ten is fatdwagtarded.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember a guy named Bob Davie...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Trailerbammer isn't like Clemson, they throw around a lot of "offers" about 1 in a 100 is commitable. It's just a valentine and means we are watching you, a little.

He's got a Clemson offer too. He's still ranked in the 500's on 247, and ranked the 54th CB on rivals.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember a guy named Bob Davie...
The man who taught Cousin Eddie everything he knows.

And emphasized the importance of time of possession and always letting of the gas when you are up a touchdown to show sportsmanship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator