Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Power aid, get out of here

Coca-Cola paid a gazillion dollars for NCAA sponsorship so we must deal with seeing Powerade. The good news is that it’s much better for pouring in celebration than drinking so it’s no big deal.

The situation is no different than the embarrassing amount of money that PepsiCo paid to pour their Pepsi swill on UF campus for the last 16-17 years.
Just so you know, when Coke had the business their contract never included Powerade for obvious reasons.

It’s all very stupid but money always does the talking .

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Coca-Cola paid a gazillion dollars for NCAA sponsorship so we must deal with seeing Powerade. The good news is that it’s much better for pouring in celebration than drinking so it’s no big deal.

The situation is no different than the embarrassing amount of money that PepsiCo paid to pour their Pepsi swill on UF campus for the last 16-17 years.
Just so you know, when Coke had the business their contract never included Powerade for obvious reasons.

It’s all very stupid but money always does the talking .
The UF Pepsi deal forced Pepsi to buy Gatorade from stokley a year later at the very beginning of the energy drink craze.
They lucked into a goldmine.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
What a great outing by Waldrep! I watched the game with some friends and it was a loud affair. This team deserves to be feared in Omaha considering how strong our pitching has been at the back end of the season. Looking forward to watching UVA and the Dukies today to see who we draw first blood against.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
What a great outing by Waldrep! I watched the game with some friends and it was a loud affair. This team deserves to be feared in Omaha considering how strong our pitching has been at the back end of the season. Looking forward to watching UVA and the Dukies today to see who we draw first blood against.

Looking like UVA early. 5-0 in the second with 1 out and bases loaded

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In the Wake Forest Alabama game it's the top of the Third and there's been 7 home runs, six by Wake Forest and one by Alabama.
A real Home Run Derby,. :oops:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't that what they said when we played Coastal Carolina in our first game in Omaha?

I wish I could like this post five times.
Any team in Omaha is playing really well right now and that’s all that matters.
If we don’t play our best baseball, we could very well be two and through regardless of the opponent.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The UF Pepsi deal forced Pepsi to buy Gatorade from stokley a year later at the very beginning of the energy drink craze.
They lucked into a goldmine.

Actually PepsiCo purchased Gatorade years before the UF deal.

PepsiCo bought Gatorade as part of the Quaker acquisition in 2001. Quaker had purchased Stokley a long time ago.
PepsiCo signed the UF pouring rights agreement in late 2004 that started with the school year in 2005.

PepsiCo’s purchase of Gatorade is what motivated them to offer UF a ridiculous amount of money for the business in 2005. PepsiCo could not tolerate the fact that Coca-Cola had the business at the birthplace of Gatorade. This was deemed totally unacceptable. Right after securing the business at UF is when PepsiCo brilliantly starting running the commercials about the history of Gatorade at UF.

Trust me when I say that I was fairly close to all of this when it was happening.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

PepsiCo bought Gatorade as part of the Quaker acquisition in 2001. Quaker had purchased Stokley a long time ago.
PepsiCo signed the UF pouring rights agreement in late 2004 that started with the school year in 2005.

PepsiCo’s purchase of Gatorade is what motivated them to offer UF a ridiculous amount of money for the business in 2005. PepsiCo could not tolerate the fact that Coca-Cola had the business at the birthplace of Gatorade. This was deemed totally unacceptable. Right after securing the business at UF is when PepsiCo brilliantly starting running the commercials about the history of Gatorade at UF.

Trust me when I say that I was fairly close to all of this when it was happening.
I will trust you in that my memory isn't what it use to be.
I thought the angst was on our part that gatorade couldn't be sold here for a few months before it was resolved.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Looks like we got the Cavaliers aka the Wahoos aka the "Hoos" as some of their alums here in the Old Dominion call themselves. .

We appear to be in Bracket 1 with the "Hoos". It would be very helpful to our survival to have LSU in Bracket 2. We need to avoid Paul Skenes as long as possible. It should be fun and let the smack talk begin

Go Gators!

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

I will trust you in that my memory isn't what it use to be.
I thought the angst was on our part that gatorade couldn't be sold here for a few months before it was resolved.
I understand the conflict better now.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We must not lose to UVA. As a VT dad and Gator fan it would be doubly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator