Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The TCU pitcher might not have a lot of juice, but one thing he does do is economize his pitches. He throws strikes and keeps his count down.

He leaves everything up in the zone lol. He’s VERY lucky to have only given up 2

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll take 4.1 of 1 run ball from Jac. That outing is what some may refer to as “effectively wild” :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cags tried and only gave up 2 hits, but he did not throw enough strikes to give up many more hits. 6 free passes. Lucky to still have a lead. Their pitcher is making us beat them and I hope our bullpen can do the same. Just throw strikes.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Cags tried and only gave up 2 hits, but he did not throw enough strikes to give up many more hits. 6 free passes. Lucky to still have a lead. Their pitcher is making us beat them and I hope our bullpen can do the same. Just throw strikes.

I don’t want to “just throw strikes,” I want to throw strikes at the bottom of the zone. This TCU pitcher is leaving everything up on the zone and is very lucky to not have an 8 spot put up on him.

On the flip side, being as wild as Cags is not a recipe for success either. He’s also lucky to not have given up an 8 spot lol

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I don’t want to “just throw strikes,” I want to throw strikes at the bottom of the zone. This TCU pitcher is leaving everything up on the zone and is very lucky to not have an 8 spot put up on him.

On the flip side, being as wild as Cags is not a recipe for success either. He’s also lucky to not have given up an 8 spot lol
I agree with you, but if push comes to shove I would rather have an 8 spot put up on me by the opponent actually hitting the ball, versus never taking the bats off their shoulders. TCU may be lucky not have given up more runs, or maybe the UF hitters just are not good enough to string together hits, therefore he continued to hit the zone and play for the ball to be hit at his defense?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with you, but if push comes to shove I would rather have an 8 spot put up on me by the opponent actually hitting the ball, versus never taking the bats off their shoulders. TCU may be lucky not have given up more runs, or maybe the UF hitters just are not good enough to string together hits, therefore he continued to hit the zone and play for the ball to be hit at his defense?

Playoff baseball tends to lead to lower scoring games for whatever reason. Likely guys pressing at the plate.

Slater is the perfect representation of a pitcher pounding the bottom of the zone with sink. Love it

DallasTXGator

Supporting Member
Dec 21, 2020
The TCU Pitcher Abeldt struck my son out twice in a high school game last year. To be fair, it was a sophomore facing a senior at the time.

My son is now a PO thankfully, he was always a better pitcher than hitter ;>)

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Seemed like Fisher was throwing strikes freely and easily. I would have left him out there. But they have all the #'s so just gotta go with it. Just want Neely to throw strikes and stop all his deep counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.