2023 Investing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
10 year down to 4.56.....jobs report lower than expected.....August/Sept jobs report revised down by over 100K....investors be like
walt disney jump GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Treasury announced today that the remaining amount to be sold the remainder of the year will be slightly less that what was "expected" due to higher tax receipts. Rates went down slightly initially but then crept back up. They announced a slightly greater amount needed for the 1st quarter of 2024. The bigger issue will come Wednesday when they break down the amounts for each duration.
10 years down quite a bit but the spread between 2-10 is widening. Will their issuance have any effect
on this in your opinion?
A lotta data coming out(revised)along with current jobs data is starting to tell a more realistic picture of the economy.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
10 years down quite a bit but the spread between 2-10 is widening. Will their issuance have any effect
on this in your opinion?
A lotta data coming out(revised)along with current jobs data is starting to tell a more realistic picture of the economy.
The issuance actually caused the spread to widen. They are auctioning more Bills than longer duration. Add to that the weak economic data and you get a stock rally. Just depends on how weak the numbers go before stocks sniff recession. As it turns out 5% in the 10 year was the magic number!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The issuance actually caused the spread to widen. They are auctioning more Bills than longer duration. Add to that the weak economic data and you get a stock rally. Just depends on how weak the numbers go before stocks sniff recession. As it turns out 5% in the 10 year was the magic number!
I guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of data the BSL......ERRRR I mean BLS serves up in January as far as a long reaching stock rally goes but I'm not convinced the rates on the 2 and 10 won't drift higher again before that happens.

I've got a nice lump maturing in TBills later in this month and would like to re up while things are close to 5.4% or so.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of data the BSL......ERRRR I mean BLS serves up in January as far as a long reaching stock rally goes but I'm not convinced the rates on the 2 and 10 won't drift higher again before that happens.

I've got a nice lump maturing in TBills later in this month and would like to re up while things are close to 5.4% or so.
I also have a large chunk of bills maturing this month. FYI, First Horizon is offering a MM rate for new customers of 4.9% guaranteed for 6 months. I am going to open that up with as much as possible but will be super liquid just in case something comes up real estate, stock or other fixed income wise. And even though the rate drops drastically after that, I was told I only had to keep 5K there to avoid penalty. So at the very least I can use this account with Treasury Direct. I had another bank recently tell me I had to keep 100K in there just to avoid any fees. Closed that immediately!

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
That stock jumped 16% today - closed at 2.33
Makes me a happy Gator. The stock is finally getting some press. Forbes last week, and First Berlin Equity started coverage a few weeks ago. Volume has been much higher than average suggesting institutional activity. The shorts must be scrambling to cover. Longs are in control for now. Any dips, I'm adding.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Makes me a happy Gator. The stock is finally getting some press. Forbes last week, and First Berlin Equity started coverage a few weeks ago. Volume has been much higher than average suggesting institutional activity. The shorts must be scrambling to cover. Longs are in control for now. Any dips, I'm adding.

Stock is up 18% today - at 2.60

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Here's a couple I started buying 2-3 years ago that I think have MAJOR legs in the future...

UEC, started buying this one at around $1.80. I have taken profits a few times and bought back in on some big dips like when it went all the way down to $2.35 about 8 months ago.....will never sell again....Uranium is the future and this company unlike many others has tons of it in the ground and a unique process to turn it into fuel. They have permitting and contracts with the U.S government....plus it's an American company, not an exploration sire somewhere in Uganda or some other BS

RYCEY- Rolls Royce. Bought into this one about 2 years ago after lockdowns. They also have a patent and have built modular nuclear reactors that can be shipped in parts and be retro fitted to old NG or coal powered plants....plus obviously manufacture and maintenance of jet engines for both commercial and military use. Just got large orders from governments and commercial carriers this last week.

If you like a fun and consistent trade every now and then look at LTBR-Lightbridge....I buy this around 4.00 or less and sell at around $6.00 and have so several times. Somehow Bill Gates name got associated with this company and a lot of gullible geeks own it. Supposed to be a patented uranium fuel rod that is cleaner, cooler and yada, yada, yada.....most think they are full of sh!t but I don't mind throwing$1,000 at it and taking $300-500 profit every now and then....

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
CVM announced a special offering to a single investor to raise $5million to take them through FDA BLA process. Price dip on the dilution today but I see it as a buying opportunity.
Hope it goes well, but having spent a career on trading floors and behind screens, I learned that Cackling and taking victory laps can be very dangerous. Seen too many people carried out in body bags.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Hope it goes well, but having spent a career on trading floors and behind screens, I learned that Cackling and taking victory laps can be very dangerous. Seen too many people carried out in body bags.
Who’s cackling / taking victory laps? This dilution has been expected all along.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's a couple I started buying 2-3 years ago that I think have MAJOR legs in the future...

UEC, started buying this one at around $1.80. I have taken profits a few times and bought back in on some big dips like when it went all the way down to $2.35 about 8 months ago.....will never sell again....Uranium is the future and this company unlike many others has tons of it in the ground and a unique process to turn it into fuel. They have permitting and contracts with the U.S government....plus it's an American company, not an exploration sire somewhere in Uganda or some other BS

RYCEY- Rolls Royce. Bought into this one about 2 years ago after lockdowns. They also have a patent and have built modular nuclear reactors that can be shipped in parts and be retro fitted to old NG or coal powered plants....plus obviously manufacture and maintenance of jet engines for both commercial and military use. Just got large orders from governments and commercial carriers this last week.

If you like a fun and consistent trade every now and then look at LTBR-Lightbridge....I buy this around 4.00 or less and sell at around $6.00 and have so several times. Somehow Bill Gates name got associated with this company and a lot of gullible geeks own it. Supposed to be a patented uranium fuel rod that is cleaner, cooler and yada, yada, yada.....most think they are full of sh!t but I don't mind throwing$1,000 at it and taking $300-500 profit every now and then....

I've been following these in yahoo finance - LTBR is tanking, what's the story with that?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I've been following these in yahoo finance - LTBR is tanking, what's the story with that?
Waiting for the next press clippings...it also tends to ride with Uranium stocks which are due for a pullback. Like I said LTBR is simply a trade not a hold like the other major players in Uranium like URNM, UEC and Cameco...I bought at $3.95 a couple weeks ago so I'll add about 100 more shares when my next Tbill matures friday if it's still below my purchase price. I believe it's been as low as $3.30 this year and as high as $6.50.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Waiting for the next press clippings...it also tends to ride with Uranium stocks which are due for a pullback. Like I said LTBR is simply a trade not a hold like the other major players in Uranium like URNM, UEC and Cameco...I bought at $3.95 a couple weeks ago so I'll add about 100 more shares when my next Tbill matures friday if it's still below my purchase price. I believe it's been as low as $3.30 this year and as high as $6.50.

I've been watching it - may jump in just for sh*ts and giggles. Interesting to watch. wrp's stock has some swings too.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I've been watching it - may jump in just for sh*ts and giggles. Interesting to watch. wrp's stock has some swings too.
Just go small if you decide to go....Like I said I usually put $1k in and get out when I'm up a few hundred bucks(high roller that I am :lol2:) To me it's no different than 95% of biomed stocks out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.