Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The spin of "we didn't want him anyway", "he isn't really that good", "this 3 star we are about to sign is the next Kyle Trask", would be turned to 11 if we whiffed here. Then cue the "bagmen", the "we can't afford to go toe to toe with another school financially" (which is the biggest f'ing lie that we are a poverty program; hell, we funded the football facilities twice, once when first asked and then when the "lol, no, all that money is going to EXTRA stuff for baseball and softball, PHASE TWO is for football facilities), and "our coaches are still the bestest ever at everything ever...until Pat Dooley tells me to change my mind".

Seriously, to my knowledge, UF has NEVER asked for money for football and UF Alumni and fans haven't stepped up to the plate. If they have, would love to be educated on when and for what.

But, again, waiting until December to fully judge, however, the bullsh*t from people looking to avoid anything that might be a concern pisses me off. We can be honest. Hope we get the guy, can't stand the spin otherwise.
We are no doubt coming up on a period of hard truths. If the string of top-tier commitments we've anticipated for so long (and need so badly) don't materialize soon, the mood in Gator Nation is going to sour noticeably by September. I don't know jack about any of these players when comes to their personal aspirations, influences, attitudes, wants or needs. What I do know is that we seem to be aiming high, which is great. But if our #1 QB chumps us at the altar and we don't land a few of these "sure thing" guys we keep hearing about (sooner rather than later}, a smell of desperation will hang thick over Florida Field come 9/1. Of course, if things go our way I'll be crowing about how I knew it all along and how we're about to turn the tables on the long list of ass holes we all love to hate for beating our brains out on the recruiting trail for about a decade now. One way or the other, we will begin to see what's what in the next several days.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I just saw something about Isaiah Nixon being about to commit and that he was 9.2 4* DE. Good? Bad? Indifferent? Minds too lazy to inquire want to know.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So miami just took another qb's commitment. I would imagine thus helps our chances
That is their QB1. Gotta think they won't offer as much. Rashada is reportedly OV Wed-Fri. Lets see what happens there.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I just saw something about Isaiah Nixon being about to commit and that he was 9.2 4* DE. Good? Bad? Indifferent? Minds too lazy to inquire want to know.

I'll take a 9.2 who may still go up the boards during his senior season.

We are no doubt coming up on a period of hard truths. If the string of top-tier commitments we've anticipated for so long (and need so badly) don't materialize soon, the mood in Gator Nation is going to sour noticeably by September. I don't know jack about any of these players when comes to their personal aspirations, influences, attitudes, wants or needs. What I do know is that we seem to be aiming high, which is great. But if our #1 QB chumps us at the altar and we don't land a few of these "sure thing" guys we keep hearing about (sooner rather than later}, a smell of desperation will hang thick over Florida Field come 9/1. Of course, if things go our way I'll be crowing about how I knew it all along and how we're about to turn the tables on the long list of ass holes we all love to hate for beating our brains out on the recruiting trail for about a decade now. One way or the other, we will begin to see what's what in the next several days.

I'm hoping we do well. I don't think anyone thinks differently. It all comes down to Rashada and what many think could be a domino effect. Hard to get many elite receivers without a QB they want to play with. Since many believe AR is done after this season, there really isn't any in our QB room besides him at the moment. Maybe Miller improves from the EJ style performance we saw in the O&B game, maybe Max Brown is another Jimmy Mac Diamond in the Rough Trask-like special, maybe we need someone sooner than later to help bring in Mizell and Sorey.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I'm hoping we do well. I don't think anyone thinks differently. It all comes down to Rashada and what many think could be a domino effect. Hard to get many elite receivers without a QB they want to play with. Since many believe AR is done after this season, there really isn't any in our QB room besides him at the moment. Maybe Miller improves from the EJ style performance we saw in the O&B game, maybe Max Brown is another Jimmy Mac Diamond in the Rough Trask-like special, maybe we need someone sooner than later to help bring in Mizell and Sorey.

I think with NIL and the free transfer we are not out of it post AR if we miss out this year. However, it does move our trajectory back to relevancy out into the future as well as attracting a good WR class. Don't forget about EWIII.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
On3's Corey Bender. When he reports a players height and weight, he is usually getting that info from the staff. Nixon just recently had his official visit.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
With the 3* OTs are stars that legit? They have not even had a year of SEC S&C. How hard is it to develop footwork?

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I believe Nixon is going to commit this afternoon at some point. At least that is what he is saying on instagram

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Technically no. Recently saw a guy with what looked like the meat sweats stumbling drunk all around Juno pier though. Assumed that was you.
That was me listening to Chubby Checker and trying to do the twist.

Are you the one that called the Paramedics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator