Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Again I'm judging jack Miller on his osu spring game , his depth chart position at osu and his spring game here.

That being said , are you telling me we're about to pull off a recruiting class with enough talent to where we could win with any qb? All in one class :lol: ? Or are you telling me jack miller's a good enough qb to cover our flaws and his 2 spring ganes were flukes? Just trying to get some clarification here. If you believe that , maybe swampgas is the place for you.
Im not judging Jack Miller at all is the point. I could care less about the OSU spring game either. He was on campus for about a month, played with the bottom of our barrel in a new scheme yet you already got him and us as loser with our coaches and AD fired in 3 years or less and we havent even played a game yet. Like I said, there are so many plausible scenarios that have more possibilities than what you are saying is going to happen.

Not sure what you are talking about in that second paragraph but I haven't said a single thing to even come close to what you are trying to say I said. Just about nobody in this year's recruiting class is going to do a single thing to win many games for a couple years from now. I think I have been pretty clear with comments about this class and the importance of a QB with some pretty specific comments as well as some the 'so many plausible scenarios' comment above. Im just saying I think you are clueless to throw Miller away the way you already have and to say Stricklin and Napier will be fired and we will have a losing season if Miller is our QB in year 2. Its just ignorant and stupid, so 247 sounds like the place for you.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No need to throw out Miller just yet. And having Max Brown is not bad either. I am all for Napier going ahead and build the foundation of the team around both Lines of Scrimmage and the Defense.
*You can't have a run game without a OL.
*Nor a pass game without an OL.
*Teams can't run or pass if the D is shutting you down.
I think back to QB's in SEC like McElroy, good QB, maybe not all world but had a great run game and OL to where he could manage the game but not lose it. To me this seems to be what Napier may be doing. So like with all the deficiencies from the prior staffs, Napier is having to address every single aspect of the program from the bottom to build it. He owns it and has to make it happen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Im not judging Jack Miller at all is the point. I could care less about the OSU spring game either. He was on campus for about a month, played with the bottom of our barrel in a new scheme yet you already got him and us as loser with our coaches and AD fired in 3 years or less and we havent even played a game yet. Like I said, there are so many plausible scenarios that have more possibilities than what you are saying is going to happen.

Not sure what you are talking about in that second paragraph but I haven't said a single thing to even come close to what you are trying to say I said. Just about nobody in this year's recruiting class is going to do a single thing to win many games for a couple years from now. I think I have been pretty clear with comments about this class and the importance of a QB with some pretty specific comments as well as some the 'so many plausible scenarios' comment above. Im just saying I think you are clueless to throw Miller away the way you already have and to say Stricklin and Napier will be fired and we will have a losing season if Miller is our QB in year 2. Its just ignorant and stupid, so 247 sounds like the place for you.
I got this sneaky suspicion that you might disagree with me. Just stop holding back and tell me how you really feel.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No need to throw out Miller just yet. And having Max Brown is not bad either. I am all for Napier going ahead and build the foundation of the team around both Lines of Scrimmage and the Defense.
*You can't have a run game without a OL.
*Nor a pass game without an OL.
*Teams can't run or pass if the D is shutting you down.
I think back to QB's in SEC like McElroy, good QB, maybe not all world but had a great run game and OL to where he could manage the game but not lose it. To me this seems to be what Napier may be doing. So like with all the deficiencies from the prior staffs, Napier is having to address every single aspect of the program from the bottom to build it. He owns it and has to make it happen.

Building around the LOS is the right way to do it. We have a bunch of high rated DL guys interested in us right now. If Billy pulls 2-3 of them (I've seen speculations of possibly 4-5 of them), we could be pretty stout up front on D in a couple years. Next year the D will possibly take a bit of a step back without Dexter, but hopefully by then big Des Watson will be ready to start taking the majority of the snaps in the middle. That could prevent a major drop off. One thing I try to keep in mind are those Bama teams that won a NC without elite QB play. You hit the nail on the head inferring it's possible as long as you're stout along the LOS and play stingy defense. Just look at UGA last year. Can you say Stetson Bennet? Not exactly an elite QB, but everything else around him made it work. Billy appears to be going for a similar mold. Yes he went after Rashada, once a 5* QB, maybe he'll get that 5th star back, I'm hearing On3 are the ones that had him ranked lower than the rest and are re-looking at his ranking. Hell, we all know he'll likely get it back if he commits to DaU. He was a 5* until he started looking like a UF lean. We've seen this rodeo over and over again through the years. It's not Sunday yet so Billy may yet reel him in, but even without the elite QB, championships can be won if you build the team right. Of course elite QB play makes it much easier to win those championships. The wild card is AR15. Is he as good as some of us think? If he is, we all might be pleasantly surprised by the 2022 season. I'm not calling for any championships, but I think we can be a real challenge for UGA, aTm and LSU. I also don't think we'll be losing to teams like Ky, SC or Mizzou much anymore with Billy in charge. He just seems to me like the type that won't allow the players to overlook anyone or be unprepared.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
In his defense, I doubt he’s had anywhere near the same amount of reps.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It kills me that Jack Miller is now considered one of the worst QB’s in the nation after one mediocre spring game in a brand new system.
Watching Miller in that game, I was encouraged. I saw a QB with a strong arm, a quick enuf release and a non-hesitant release. His spirals were tight. IMO, he will improve and make us thankful he's here. Miller came here to compete with AR. So, he's not a "backdown" type spirit.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully this is a lesson the staff learned. The NIL offer should be off the table when a recruit visits another school. Take the leverage they can use against us away. Atleast in cases like this.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Watching Miller in that game, I was encouraged. I saw a QB with a strong arm, a quick enuf release and a non-hesitant release. His spirals were tight. IMO, he will improve and make us thankful he's here. Miller came here to compete with AR. So, he's not a "backdown" type spirit.
And it was more drops if I rcall

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hopefully this is a lesson the staff learned. The NIL offer should be off the table when a recruit visits another school. Take the leverage they can use against us away. Atleast in cases like this.
How exactly did whoever it is you are talking about use it against us?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The um board I check occasionally in cases like this seem like they have landed him. The thinking is that it’s more about hurting us than even needing him and MC is simply wanting to be a thorn in his hated rival’s side. We need this win badly and our staff has to close. There are two assassins to our north and south who not only want to win, but want to kill UF. It’s going to take a similar mindset to contend.
Which means we are ****ed. But we do have 450,000 living alumni, have you heard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.