Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As usual, Salty is right on. Do all of you think the players that are (stupidly) committed now will all STAY committed, especially this early? Every damn one of them is still on the table until they sign on the dotted line.

There are going to be flips all over the effing place.

I happen to disagree on the likelihood. But out of curiosity, what percentage of kids currently committed somewhere do you think will flip?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
My point is if this were either of the last two coaches, sitting at #33, we’d be hearing about how they can’t recruit. I’m not changing the guidelines because I happen to like this coach better. And I don’t think we can bank on the portal. There aren’t any guarantees that a great QB will be there. But it also kills a lot of the momentum that a top QB would create. I get that it’s 6 months out, but we need to start gaining some traction. The portal doesn’t do that.
Lol...are you saying we aren't hearing about how they can't recruit, because if that is what you are trying to say then you are wrong. There is nothing but negativity about this staff coming from all the boards, except maybe gatorcountry but they suck and everyone knows it. So nobody has changed anything.

We are sitting at 34 with 8 commits. If you actually look at where we sit using the avg we are sitting at around 10 or 11. However, that is with right at around an 89 average, which isn't good enough but it is getting better. We are probably going to have a class of around 30 LOIs so there is plenty of room to make that avg higher. It is nowhere near over yet. Again...if we are sitting at an 89 average with 15-20 then its pretty safe to say we are muLLLLLLLening this year. But we aint there yet so its all still just speculating.

saltyg8r

Past caring
Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
I happen to disagree on the likelihood. But out of curiosity, what percentage of kids currently committed somewhere do you think will flip?

No one knows with NIL. I would guess 10-15%, but it’s a new world. Point is it is too early to freak. Let’s see what Rashada does tomorrow (if he does).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No one knows with NIL. I would guess 10-15%, but it’s a new world. Point is it is too early to freak. Let’s see what Rashada does tomorrow (if he does).

I’m not freaking. That part of me has withered away through much of the last decade. I’m trying to be objective and calling it as I see it. I’m as much a pumper as there is here and want to see this guy kill it. But I’m not going to deny what I see as missteps. That’s all. A win tomorrow would be great. Egg on my face? Gladly. Bachelor this weekend so maybe it could serve as breakfast.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My point is if this were either of the last two coaches, sitting at #33, we’d be hearing about how they can’t recruit. I’m not changing the guidelines because I happen to like this coach better. And I don’t think we can bank on the portal. There aren’t any guarantees that a great QB will be there. But it also kills a lot of the momentum that a top QB would create. I get that it’s 6 months out, but we need to start gaining some traction. The portal doesn’t do that.

I don't think having a top qb is gonna matter as much as having a good nil deal . I think a class hinges more on funds than a top qb.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018

If we've lost sofla, we've lost Middle America.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So then theoretically we could lose 20% of the 8 commits we currently have. It’s all relative. We’ll run around in circles in this. I have concerns. You don’t. I’m good with both and hope to be proven wrong.
Yes we could. According to people like yourself, that would be a great thing because the class sucks balls.

I have zero concerns. None. I’m expecting a terrific class.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jesus H. Christ. If we’re sitting at #33 in December, I’ll lead the charge with my very own pitchfork.

We won’t be.

By the way, you didn’t mention that ALABAMA is ranked behind us at 34. It’s June.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Also:

Michigan #38
Texas A&M #39
LSU #40
Oklahoma #41
Miami #49 (Cristobal tearing it up!)

Napier is outrecruiting them all!

See how dumb this is?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If it’s true, it’s absurd. He’s a 50/50 risk of mediocrity. He could easily be the next N’Kosi Perry (also 6’4”, 185lbs, sub 60% completion rate.)

This! X1000!
Dude could be a bust, like Emory.
10 mil? Pffft!
Keep loading up on quality DL and OL and CBNs plan will work out.
Trust in Ox - we’ll have a great class in the end, regardless if we get Rashada or not
:bart:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Yes we could. According to people like yourself, that would be a great thing because the class sucks balls.

I have zero concerns. None. I’m expecting a terrific class.
Just curious and not trying to start any trouble but what gives you the idea were going to have a terrific class? We went from leading with a few highly rated cb to not even making their final 4. We were just outbid by a school with less money for our #1 Qb on our board.

I'm stoked that we're getting way better talent on campus these days but we haven't closed on not 1 of those players yet. Right now our prized recruit ranks 170th on rivals and we have 8 commits. And I'm very optimistic with Naiper much more than I was Mullen but it's ok for us to have some concerns. I'm not to concerned yet like you said it's early and we are getting elite talent on campus but were not closing on these players. Again not looking for trouble just my opinion

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
This! X1000!
Dude could be a bust, like Emory.
10 mil? Pffft!
Keep loading up on quality DL and OL and CBNs plan will work out.
Trust in Ox - we’ll have a great class in the end, regardless if we get Rashada or not
:bart:
This is kinda how I feel. Teams are not going to be handing out high dollar NIL for Qbs every year so go hard for one next year cause teams spent a lot on them this year. Go after another position this year. We've got to make sure to get McClain in this class we've already missed on Harris and Mitchell so lock up McClain and find another elite 5* prospect at say S to go with him maybe Downs. If your going to spend with the big boys and you miss out on a position make sure you take a different one don't let the money go to waste.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Wonder what this means.

Nixon, Hill and ????

Hill, Searcy and Jean?

Im not falling for it being Rashada...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.