Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious and not trying to start any trouble but what gives you the idea were going to have a terrific class? We went from leading with a few highly rated cb to not even making their final 4. We were just outbid by a school with less money for our #1 Qb on our board.

I'm stoked that we're getting way better talent on campus these days but we haven't closed on not 1 of those players yet. Right now our prized recruit ranks 170th on rivals and we have 8 commits. And I'm very optimistic with Naiper much more than I was Mullen but it's ok for us to have some concerns. I'm not to concerned yet like you said it's early and we are getting elite talent on campus but were not closing on these players. Again not looking for trouble just my opinion
Should Alabama, Michigan, Texas A&M, LSU, and Oklahoma (all ranked behind us) also be concerned right now?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Oh the despair
Baby Reaction GIF

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like this pick up. A non smurf sized DE with a 4 star rating. Again, I don't think all is lost if we don't land rashada. Keep loading up on solid players like this and Nixon. And keep movin in the right direction. I like this pick up. I'll be looking forward to itraz eval.
….and the IMG 4* tackle. These are the building blocks. CBN has us in the game for kids at the top level. Before we weren’t even in the game with schitty facilities, housing, parking and food.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Napier is focusing on OL. When is the last time that happened? You can't have it both ways...we just had a former 4-5* RB enter the Portal...why?...He new he was 4th on the depth chart.

This OL will be big and mobile let's talk after S&C.

And it's June.

And watch a little ULLA OL play and then UF the last few years...you tell me the difference?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Should Alabama, Michigan, Texas A&M, LSU, and Oklahoma (all ranked behind us) also be concerned right now?
No because each one have recent history of finishing with a ton of blue-chip players we do not. In fact all of those teams minus Michigan have had a top 5 team in the last 3 years so they are proven we are not.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No because each one have recent history of finishing with a ton of blue-chip players we do not. In fact all of those teams minus Michigan have had a top 5 team in the last 3 years so they are proven we are not.
When is the last time a coach landing his first full-time recruiting class at a school finished in the top 6?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes we could. According to people like yourself, that would be a great thing because the class sucks balls.

I have zero concerns. None. I’m expecting a terrific class.

This is about recruiting. We just landed a kid offered by 18 teams, exactly 1 of which we should ever be going head to head with for a recruit(miami). It’s a solid addition, and we’re getting solid results. We need a splash at some point in order to make this a Top 5-10 class. You and I both hope we get it.

Any more personal attacks and I’m locking this thread and moving it to the dungeon.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Depends.

1) What is their average star rankings? (Which is most important right now... not the points) 2) How many "misses" do they have? (Our "misses" is what's bothering me).

I think people have a legit concern with the optics. I also think most of that concern would go away ( for a few minutes anyway :lol: ) if we got our QB today OR a surprise 4 or 5 star soon.

It's only April May June almost July.

DEC 21ST WE'LL KNOW.

In the meantime ... just beat the leghumpers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.