Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The prior damaged UF - HS coaches relations hurt UF right along with other deficits that need improving. Other programs' non-neglected stable "uncursed" relationships can certainly give a boost over another's sluggish negative impressions. Any HS deficits are "needs" to be improved in order to improve "good-word" utterances.
I don't think anyone's saying neglect of HS coaches' faiths are total determinates bringing negative regard but first impressions can cancel even the beginning of talks. Just keep the supply chain people friendly.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Safety Jordan castell has moved up his commitment date from October to July 30th. Good sign I think as we’ve been leading Bama for his services….

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

To your last point, while I don’t subscribe to the notion that performance automatically equals recruiting, which has been mentioned by several, I also don’t think it has no bearing either. Particularly when kids really have to go back a decade plus to see footage of dominant UF teams. It’s not the only thing, as we saw with the last two coaches. But I believe it has a role in this case, and I think it’s important to note that lazy is lazy. That never works. So even with 9-10 win seasons, and being surprisingly successful in years like 2015 and ‘18, you still had coaches that were awful at presenting and closing on the brand. The on field success wasn’t overriding that. But I also don’t think it was total coincidence that Meyer’s first class really started picking up steam with the finish of blowing out the noles, and beating 3 of our biggest recruiting competitors at the time. So to me, there’s some balance as to whether or not play and wins matter. I think Napier’s situation is much more like Meyer’s than the other two. If we have success and put our best effort out there in recruiting, I think well see that shift in brand.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In UF's heyday, we were shown in nationally broadcast full-screen highlights ... Tebow and Harvin were shown to be the marvels that they were. The beauty of true across-the-board speed captivated observers everywhere.
That is the recruiting jolt few programs have ever had. Why lose that.? We haven't had that for years. We need to get our speed dominance back ... in a hurry.

In AR UF has a key ingredient to capture the FB-highlight big screen. We must recruit those past proven traits that show Gator football to be the location of the most joyful life experience of CFB.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
sleepy puppy GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Cristobal hired a hot OC and Kevin Steele as DC. Say what we will about Steele, as I recall he’s always been a great recruiter.

Muschamp hired a great DC in Dan Quinn, and I assume he THOUGHT a Super Bowl winning OC would be good. But Mayor McCheese probably had a lot to do with the uneven offensive recruiting.

I’m a little worrried about the heavy dose of LA carryovers. Any of them may prove to be excellent at this level, every great coach and staff person came from somewhere. But he has to hit on all of them stepping up to this biggest collegiate league at once. That’s trust in his system, quality control etc. I hope it all works as planned. At least he has his people trained his way.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Why does this change anything? SOS coached QB's and called the offense. Urban coached the Special Teams.

So, is it coaching or recruiting? You keep moving the goal post. And your Gundy and Kiffin aren't recruiting.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

You wanted Kiffin and Gundy over Napier...real simple...both are sucking wind recruiting.

But my comprehension?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.