Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He may be right, but using Dan mullen as an example? That guys the very reason were in the dumper. 15 years of pathetic play, recruiting, and garbage coaching makes ppl doubt things are different "this" year bc they've heard that every year.

If we play well and have a great class then narratives will change immediately. It's as simple as that.

I bet Doering was one telling us how great Mullen was and how we just aren’t patient as fans….rinse and repeat with Mac and Muschamp. Gator fans are always “the worst” and “super impatient” until said coaches predictably fail and all the talking heads act like they knew it all along. It’s a sick cycle. Gator fans have yet to be wrong when it comes to coaches sucking lol.

Funny thing is, there’s a very, very small % of Gator fans actually putting “heat” on Napier but of course that means all Gator fans have him on the hot seat.

/rant

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
DBU with proper coaching. Gonna be stout. Bowlcut and Saban’s non-stop gravy train from the Sunshine State is going to dry up a bit.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I bet Doering was one telling us how great Mullen was and how we just aren’t patient as fans….rinse and repeat with Mac and Muschamp. Gator fans are always “the worst” and “super impatient” until said coaches predictably fail and all the talking heads act like they knew it all along. It’s a sick cycle. Gator fans have yet to be wrong when it comes to coaches sucking lol.

Funny thing is, there’s a very, very small % of Gator fans actually putting “heat” on Napier but of course that means all Gator fans have him on the hot seat.

/rant
DIDDO.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
As of now WR and DB recruiting are hanging with the best. They seem to have their relationships developed…..

If people care about beating the dawgs, and they do, take a look at their DL, LB, and OL rosters, as well as how many of our DT targets lean UGA, and tell me you are satisfied with how things are going outside of WR and DB….

I have zero doubts that Napier knows what he has to do to succeed; and that better OL & DL recruits are part and parcel of anything he wants to accomplish. He took one look at our OL this year and immediately set out to bring in Torrence.

As much as I'd love him to pull in 5☆ guys everywhere on the field from Day 1; it doesn't work like that. Recruiting is relationships, but also showing you can benefit their career. Take them from an elite 4 or 5☆ prospect and into an NFL first round draft pick. Certain coaches and programs get the benefit of the doubt there. We get the benefit of the doubt on DBs because we regularly put top-tier DBs into the league...and continued to do so even with crappy coaches over the last decade. Toss in one of the game's best position coaches we poached from LSU and it's no wonder that's gotten better.

At the end of the day, good skill position guys and an average OL can beat a team with a really good OL/DL, but average skill position guys. We saw it in 2020 when Mullen beat UGAy.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
T'were a lot easier to be a Gator fan when finishing in the top 25 was a great year. Went to ball games to cheer guys I knew from class. Never knew we recruited players (true, when I got to school and found out I asked why we wanted anyone at Florida that had to be asked). Bear Bryant had a chokehold on the SEC and beating Bammer was a seminal event. Ray Graves was the man. The televisation of college athletics has ruined the concept.
Also easier to pick up a babe on campus. Today you have to worry about offending them by calling them she/her, then going home and reaching up their dress to only find out you are holding a tree trunk and about to be forced into doing your best Mayor Pete impression.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Also easier to pick up a babe on campus. Today you have to worry about offending them by calling them she/her, then going home and reaching up their dress to only find out you are holding a tree trunk and about to be forced into doing your best Mayor Pete impression.
I am so glad I avoided all of that by being a one woman man. If that had happened, Murder would have ensued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator