Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I guess perspective is every thing. The Lobos just signed a low three star and the press is positively effusive. So I went back and checked the 2022 class. No 4 or 5 stars. 10 three stars, 5 two stars and 5 no stars. For the state's flagship university. If we keep firing coaches we may be able to compete.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Thread 'Chris Doering calls out Gators fans'
Chris Doering calls out Gators fans
He needs to remember that the sliver of fans plugged in to recruiting and prognostication in July is not representative of the general fan base. We are the unhinged zealots. There is no point trying to fix that or give it more weight than it merits. Most Gator fans I know are very happy with BN or haven’t really paid much attention yet. The actually focus on their jobs, families, yards etc.

:law:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Chris speaks out, he must read chatter

I get what he is saying, but I think the risk of overreaction to offset the alleged overreaction, is very real. I’ve not met many people that aren’t extremely supportive of Napier and what he is doing. It doesn’t mean that you can’t have questions or concerns about certain things. Most of the chatter here and elsewhere is pretty modest in comparison to previous regimes, and with good reason—he’s performing better. But as someone mentioned this week, there is a definite PTSD element and that has to be understood.

You know who doesn’t care about three straight failed coaching hires, and wouldn’t fret over every little detail even during the off-season before the first game of the fourth? Apathetic fans of garbage teams and programs. You can’t love the passion and willingness of people to spend 4+ hours of their Saturdays sitting mostly in the heat, screaming their lungs off and pretending that they aren’t smelling what they’re smelling, but then ask them to turn it off from Jan-Aug. Doering of all people should know that.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
It looks like these WR's didn't get the memo that we're only going to run the ball.
Or, they actually are listening to the recruiters and CBN, and believe him. We may be in store for the new and improved run and shoot offense.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Funny thing is, there’s a very, very small % of Gator fans actually putting “heat” on Napier
This is where we totally agree
My theory is 10% of the fans make 90% of the negative noise. Normal people don’t spew doomsday until a Coach chits the bed (see Mullen), I think Chris needs to realize it’s not the majority hooping and hollering out there at our new coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.