Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Couple other quick hitters. Michael Mitchell (Middleburg RB committed to Utah) didn’t get an offer.

Caden Jones was a 4* OT at FNL but did not look good. TOS is saying he was flat out abused.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Up to #12 on 24/7 with the Jean commit.

2VmO.gif

VirginiaGator

VA to RI to FL
Jul 9, 2014
Couple other quick hitters. Michael Mitchell (Middleburg RB committed to Utah) didn’t get an offer.

Caden Jones was a 4* OT at FNL but did not look good. TOS is saying he was flat out abused.
Mitchell is just right down the road from me, but I really haven't seen Middleburg play much. I always pull for the kids up in NE FL. Having Denson, Webb, and Stokes is nice, but I wish we could have landed Kearney, Pup, and Hall to name a few. With 2 of those being at a position of need for OL and LB.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
More of the same nonsense from the "I'm a better fan than you" crowd. So 8-4 should be viewed as a successful season? Really? Go find me four teams on our schedule this year who have more talent than us. I'll save you the trouble and just tell you up front that you can't. Going strictly by talent acquisition, we play 3 teams this year who have done a better job at it than us: Georgia, LSU, and Texas A&M. 9-3 should be the expectation, 10-2 a job well done, and anything 10-2 or better plus an actual championship of some kind (SEC at minimum) is what should determine success. It's people like Doering, who lower the standard rather than hold those responsible accountable, that got us where we are today.
News alert. Doering is a better fan than you. People like Doering are why the standard is so high. People like Doering have so much more cred than recruiting obsessed people their is no real device to measure it. I posted about it because I saw no thread about it. THen all I could find was this one reference to it. I do get the part about Jimmies and Joes because Kirby only won his first title because he had an NFL defense on the field. I doubt any coach could fckk that up. NIL is now leveling the field and willy nilly transfer rules may end college football as we know it. One reason Im not a recruitnick. Maybe at 18 and into my 20s I would have been. But as soon as your "highly " touted 4/5 stars dont start they are looking somewhere else to start. Napier seems like he has it going right now. I can see excitement in this thread. If we go 8-4 this year Im not jumping off the Century Tower with some of you............

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Hey, I know Ive entered the sacred hall of "worship the HS children" and I rarely post in here but it is what it is. Doering was a great on our greeatest teams in our greatest era. Discounting him and his opinion didnt fly with me. Nothing personal.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
News alert. Doering is a better fan than you. People like Doering are why the standard is so high. People like Doering have so much more cred than recruiting obsessed people their is no real device to measure it. ...I can see excitement in this thread. If we go 8-4 this year Im not jumping off the Century Tower with some of you............
As long as the "4" doesn't include the balllickers.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, I know Ive entered the sacred hall of "worship the HS children" and I rarely post in here but it is what it is. Doering was a great on our greeatest teams in our greatest era. Discounting him and his opinion didnt fly with me. Nothing personal.
Spurrier would have bitch slapped him.

Remember how irritated he got when us "fans" clapped for the team after the game, even when we got our asses handed to us ? I remember doing it in the 80s.

Spurrier is a competitor. No excuses.

He ruined us. :lol: :lol:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Spurrier is a competitor. No excuses.

He ruined us. :lol: :lol:
But it was a good "ruin" He set the bar so high you need the Hubble to see it. But he also made it look so easy that any TD&H thought they knew how to coach offense..........and subesequently UF had more arm chair coaches than Georgia had cousins on the make at family reunions..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator