Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A little concerned that this could become just a top Mullen class. Very solid group of guys but still very much separated from the Bamas and Georgias of the world.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
HeavenlyRedFennecfox-size_restricted.gif

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 52223

With 8 days to go, we sit between Tennessee and Oregon.

While OX runs out of Kleenex from the Billy jizz factory he has created in his mind, I am curbing my enthusiasm.

I need more than bad coaching and a ****ty 6 win season.

For comparative purposes, see LSU and how they ended up.
Both Tennessee and Oregon have 24 commits to our 22.
Tennessee has one 5-star. eleven 4-stars and ELEVEN 3-stars
Oregan has two 5 stars. Twelve 4-stars and NINE 3-stars.
Meanwhile, Florida has one 5-star, SEVENTEEN 4-stars, and only four 3-stars.

Our average player ranking is above both referenced teams. In fact, it's above all those between 10-15. I didn't look at the others to compare. BN is in the hunt for some big-time recruits. It's pretty clear he is bringing in some highly-rated recruits and is not filling up the class with 3*s like Tennesse and others.

Last edited:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Go by class avg and not by class ranking. We could easily go grab 10 3 stars and be in the top rankings. Billy is bringing in quality guys who’ll make a difference next season like the players he brought in last offseason were some of our best players now.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Both Tennessee and Oregon have 24 commits to our 22.
Tennessee has one 5-star. eleven 4-stars and ELEVEN 3-stars
Oregan has two 5 stars. Twelve 4-stars and NINE 4-stars.
Meanwhile, Florida has EIGHTEEN 4-stars and only four 4-stars.
Having some issues reconciling this dynamic. :eek3:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Lagway still working on Samson…lol. Kid’s not giving up. I’m holding out hope.

John Smith and Qes Russaw CB’d to Alabama.

Andy Jean taking a visit to FSU.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lagway still working on Samson…lol. Kid’s not giving up. I’m holding out hope.

John Smith and Qes Russaw CB’d to Alabama.

Andy Jean taking a visit to FSU.

Not good. Being recruited by Dugans and Randy Shannon. Napier needs to either put the full press on him afterward or have a backup plan. Sets up perfectly for a move-back decision to Feb.

Last edited:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
This goes back to, at least, the Doug Dickey years.
So, in 1968, Playboy Magazine declared it to be the Year of the Gator because we had been waiting until "next year" since helping found the SEC. They were wrong. However, waiting one more year produced the "super sophs" and we still had to wait.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Love our WR class. I think Wilson starts day 1 personally, dude is electric.

DL class is looking nice, just need more (or transfers). Definitely feels nice to have a staff who notices the need especially in this league.
I think EW is the best receiver in the entire country

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
My father was actually always positive during that period(late 80s), but weirdly it was always the year after next. No idea why or how he came to this conclusion all the time, especially considering recruiting wasn’t nearly as publicized back then. But it was always, “not next year, but the next, we’re gonna be great”. Not sure if I was more confused or annoyed with the whole thing. Anyway, I started drinking early in life.
Didn't you just write something today about taking our lumps at QB in '23 and that '24 would be our year? Funny how everyone but ourselves can see us becoming our fathers.:lol3:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Didn't you just write something today about taking our lumps at QB in '23 and that '24 would be our year? Funny how everyone but ourselves can see us becoming our fathers.:lol3:

Exactly. I mentioned the irony in that post. Literally posted that like moments later. I’m running home now to defrost my freezer.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So, in 1968, Playboy Magazine declared it to be the Year of the Gator because we had been waiting until "next year" since helping found the SEC. They were wrong. However, waiting one more year produced the "super sophs" and we still had to wait.
Ahh yes, playboy 1968, who could forget. Angela Dorian Playmate of the year. Of course when she got old and lost her looks she went batsh*t crazy and shot her husband in the face. It's fun to reminisce.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The usual suspects sharpening their told you so knives.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I’d say we already have the best wide receiver class in America.
This part of the post epitomizes the two camps. Under no reasonable analysis, do we have the top wide receiver class in the country. Oh St has 3 guys in the top 10 and the number 45 WR. They also have the #2 TE in the country. We have 16th, 19th and 51st. All good players, but not touching the buckeyes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This part of the post epitomizes the two camps. Under no reasonable analysis, do we have the top wide receiver class in the country. Oh St has 3 guys in the top 10 and the number 45 WR. They also have the #2 TE in the country. We have 16th, 19th and 51st. All good players, but not touching the buckeyes.
If you say so.

I’m pretty certain that I typed “I’d say…”

None of the services say that EW is the best receiver in the nation either. But I’ve seen a lot of film of a lot of receivers. And IMO, he’s the best WR in the nation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator