Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I hope I’m wrong but hearing we may be losing Samson to the Canes and Walker sticks with UCF.

That would suck. The Samson one wouldn’t surprise me, we lost a lot of head to head recruiting battles with Scum it seems. At least we stole Rashada back. The Walker one would really sting, picking Ucf over UF? He’s in a position of need where he’d play immediately I would imagine. Hopefully we don’t strike out with both.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently that Samson kid is Miami bound. As long as we are second I’ll be good with it tbh

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Any kid who chooses Miami over us and Bama deserves whats coming to him, a future of playing in front of dozens of ppl.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s crazy how quickly the mood shift on this board. I’m not saying we’re gonna get all these kids, but you are acting like we’re not gonna get any.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s crazy how quickly the mood shift on this board. I’m not saying we’re gonna get all these kids, but you are acting like we’re not gonna get any.

I think the mindset of counting on players eventually coming here was hurt over the summer, initially with the uga DB, then Rashada, then McClain. This class will be a very nice class, but Napier’s going to be judged against uga and Ala, and then to a lesser extent against fellow first year’s Kelly and Cristobal. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see a scenario where we’re not behind all of those guys. Progress, but unlike the on-field product, recruiting is something that an change on a dime. It has for us, but maybe not to the extent many had hoped. Still hopeful though that some of these names do drop for us.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
You just never know with 17 year old kids and the cryptic messages they put out. Ricks just tweeted Roll Tide.

I agree that in the end we will have a very good class. Maybe not 3-5 but 5-8 would be a step forward. Billy seems to be on top of what he can control. NIL and the portal changed the game and he’s adapting.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You just never know with 17 year old kids and the cryptic messages they put out. Ricks just tweeted Roll Tide.

I agree that in the end we will have a very good class. Maybe not 3-5 but 5-8 would be a step forward. Billy seems to be on top of what he can control. NIL and the portal changed the game and he’s adapting.
Wait'll next year!

(Mrs. G claims that was a common refrain about the football team when she was at UF.)

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I think the mindset of counting on players eventually coming here was hurt over the summer, initially with the uga DB, then Rashada, then McClain. This class will be a very nice class, but Napier’s going to be judged against uga and Ala, and then to a lesser extent against fellow first year’s Kelly and Cristobal. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see a scenario where we’re not behind all of those guys. Progress, but unlike the on-field product, recruiting is something that an change on a dime. It has for us, but maybe not to the extent many had hoped. Still hopeful though that some of these names do drop for us.
All this drama with highly ranked kids makes me miss chasing kids that have no chance of getting in school or are still waiting on their passport to enroll.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Much of the late 80s.

My father was actually always positive during that period(late 80s), but weirdly it was always the year after next. No idea why or how he came to this conclusion all the time, especially considering recruiting wasn’t nearly as publicized back then. But it was always, “not next year, but the next, we’re gonna be great”. Not sure if I was more confused or annoyed with the whole thing. Anyway, I started drinking early in life.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Did he say Bama is his “dream school” though?

ADCB4CF0-9E99-4C93-A016-17328C059165.gif

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Shaping up to a very good class, just not elite. I hate missing out on the studs, especially to Scum. We’ll just have to see how this is gonna play out for schools like A&M and Scum in the coming years. I never thought much of Mario as a head coach, but he’s a very good recruiter like Jimbo. I’m glad we got a stud QB in the next 2 classes. Maybe we can find some studs in the portal to bridge the gap.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The reality is, is if we miss on hall Samson and Walker, we're going to finish right where mullen was recruiting. Going 6-6 and a borderline top10 class isn't great any way you want to slice it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The reality is, is if we miss on hall Samson and Walker, we're going to finish right where mullen was recruiting. Going 6-6 and a borderline top10 class isn't great any way you want to slice it.

Napier finished ESD really strong last year, with a few unexpected commits. That’s what I’m still hopeful of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator