Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Agree to disagree.
Season 2 Reaction GIF by Law & Order

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
If this classed finished #131, my opinion would not change.
I don’t believe you.
You can throw that out there because you know damned well, That’s impossible.

Everyone on this board would Be outraged if we hit below top 30 in recruiting.

It would throw serious cold water on the entire narrative of the program.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I don’t believe you.
You can throw that out there because you know damned well, That’s impossible.

Everyone on this board would Be outraged if we hit below top 30 in recruiting.

It would throw serious cold water on the entire narrative of the program.
These points are moot.

Napier will be top 20 on his worst day. I doubt he is worse than top 10 this year and then never looks back.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
top 5, and top 3 in the SEC or he's gone in 2 years. its. that. simple.
No it’s not remotely that simple. If you’re referring to the Bill Sikes article, that data is entirely pre portal and pre nil. And it’s an extremely limited data set, not even approaching statistical significance. All we know is we have a handful of coaches who did it that way in a much different landscape. That doesn’t guarantee anything to the coaches who get those classes and it doesn’t guarantee anything about the coaches who don’t.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Most are not though. We are simply not willing to hold the current coach to a completely different standard then we’ve held the last two as SOBs, just because we like him more. Keyword, completely. Everyone understands there are certain challenges. But if anyone had suggested a top 10 to 15 finish, or 6-6, they would’ve been mocked here. As I’ve said, still hopeful that we can pull out a strong finish, but I refuse to move goal posts.
This is where I’m at. I’m excited about the “tear down and rebuild” aspect of what he’s doing, and I appreciate the fact that he’s willing to cut a lot of Mullen’s dead weight he had on the roster. I think the point here is that Napier wasn’t brought here because he was some wunderkind of a play caller or defensive guru, it was because of his organizational management and RECRUITING!!! I have zero beef with the organizational management he’s done and is doing, but if we keep missing on these 5 stars, then he’s going to get the same effen results as the last three shytbirds we ran off.

You can add this, divide that, carry the two, but the numbers are what they are.

The verbal gymnastics some of y’all will do to defend this stuff is mind boggling.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This is where I’m at. I’m excited about the “tear down and rebuild” aspect of what he’s doing, and I appreciate the fact that he’s willing to cut a lot of Mullen’s dead weight he had on the roster. I think the point here is that Napier wasn’t brought here because he was some wunderkind of a play caller or defensive guru, it was because of his organizational management and RECRUITING!!! I have zero beef with the organizational management he’s done and is doing, but if we keep missing on these 5 stars, then he’s going to get the same effen results as the last three shytbirds we ran off.

You can add this, divide that, carry the two, but the numbers are what they are.

The verbal gymnastics some of y’all will do to defend this stuff is mind boggling.
So we have a 5* QB in 2023 and 2024.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No it’s not remotely that simple. If you’re referring to the Bill Sikes article, that data is entirely pre portal and pre nil. And it’s an extremely limited data set, not even approaching statistical significance. All we know is we have a handful of coaches who did it that way in a much different landscape. That doesn’t guarantee anything to the coaches who get those classes and it doesn’t guarantee anything about the coaches who don’t.
i stopped reading after "no"

there are people who find nuance and exception in everything, they are called useless. there are people that identify simplicity and critical path in complexity, they are called successful.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I posted a link because oxallah sniped I don’t contribute anything which is mostly true. But it still chafes my arse that crystal balls is in his first year and seemingly out crooting Billy

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
i stopped reading after "no"

there are people who find nuance and exception in everything, they are called useless. there are people that identify simplicity and critical path in complexity, they are called successful.
There are also those people who stop reading or listening to other opinions after one word. Want to guess what they are called?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I posted a link because oxallah sniped I don’t contribute anything which is mostly true. But it still chafes my arse that crystal balls is in his first year and seemingly out crooting Billy
That turd isn't outrecruiting anybody. They have a billionaire throwing money at players, nothing more, nothing less.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
top 5, and top 3 in the SEC or he's gone in 2 years. its. that. simple.
What I witnessed tells me he’s not going to win without top tier talent and depth. Spurrier, in his prime, could win with the right pieces. This class will be complete with a HS DT, OT, LB and some transfers for depth, and no defections.. Still hopeful.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That turd isn't outrecruiting anybody. They have a billionaire throwing money at players, nothing more, nothing less.

So do we. And we literally flipped a player from them, so we can obviously compete. It’s ok to say they’re winning some battles while still feeling hopeful about our own coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So do we. And we literally flipped a player from them, so we can obviously compete. It’s ok to say they’re winning some battles while still feeling hopeful about our own coach.
I think the recruits like our staff. I don't think they like Cristobal, who probably has sex with goats. Why else would they go there other than huge payouts? The dumpster fire they put on the field this year made our Gators look like the 95 Cornhuskers in comparison.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I think the recruits like our staff. I don't think they like Cristobal, who probably has sex with goats. Why else would they go there other than huge payouts? The dumpster fire they put on the field this year made our Gators look like the 95 Cornhuskers in comparison.

95 cornhuskers!!! I am still hurting watching Jacquez go down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.