Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Losing out on Walker is a big blow. Absolutely needed to land him. From podcasts and social media it seems like this class is going to end with a DUD. How did we lose all the momentum on trail? Awaiting answers from the experts

TOS is losing its mind right now. Insiders are saying this is an administration issue. Stricklin and Foley (AD Emeritus) have hamstrung NIL. One insider is calling for the firing of Stricklin.

Supposedly Ohio State is having issues with NIL as well. That’s why they’re having issues hanging onto recruits. It’s the main reasons Fletcher left OSU.

Samson and Fletcher were given large NIL deals by Miami.

I’m in way saying that we should’ve offered a huge NIL deal to Fletcher.

Caden Jones also announced out of the blue that A&M and UF are tied. Probably an NIL issue as well. But wouldn’t bother me at all. Caden was dominated at FNL. I’m not even sure why we’re still pursuing him. Other than we need OL.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TOS is losing its mind right now. Insiders are saying this is an administration issue. Stricklin and Foley (AD Emeritus) have hamstrung NIL. One insider is calling for the firing of Stricklin.

Supposedly Ohio State is having issues with NIL as well. That’s why they’re having issues hanging onto recruits. It’s the main reasons Fletcher left OSU.

Samson and Fletcher were given large NIL deals by Miami.

I’m in way saying that we should’ve offered a huge NIL deal to Fletcher.

Caden Jones also announced out of the blue that A&M and UF are tied. Probably an NIL issue as well. But wouldn’t bother me at all. Caden was dominated at FNL. I’m not even sure why we’re still pursuing him. Other than we need OL.

Anything on Jean and/or Norman?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Told you I wouldn’t believe it until they signed.

The flagship school in the Sunshine State can only sign one of the top 20 players in the state.

Our program is a dumpster fire.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Losing out on Walker is a big blow. Absolutely needed to land him. From podcasts and social media it seems like this class is going to end with a DUD. How did we lose all the momentum on trail? Awaiting answers from the experts
The in-game coaching gives other staffs a lot to work with.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anything on Jean and/or Norman?
People are worried about Jean. He won’t interview right now. I haven’t heard anything really about Norman. Other than his cryptic tweet. Which he removed.

People are really upset but nothing has seemed to have gone against the grain.

1. We knew Miami was offering a sizable NIL to Fletcher that we wasn’t going to match. We didn’t. And he committed to UM. I mean, why would we? Webb, Montrell, ETN are significantly better. Can you imagine if we did that what it would do to the locker room and Webb’s commitment?

2. John Walker had the best relationship with UCF’s DL coach. We never led at any point. But the staff worked their asses off to flip him.

3. Samson had Miami leading for SIX months. We made it interesting for the last month. Miami then put together a big NIL deal and closed it down. Should’ve we? Probably. If you think that’s your franchise tackle.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good Bye Reaction GIF

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jordan Hall has been leaning to Georgia the entire recruiting process. But the staff has been relentless. We’ll see. Winning this would be a huge upset IMO.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Also - we never led for Walker.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
People are worried about Jean. He won’t interview right now. I haven’t heard anything really about Norman. Other than his cryptic tweet. Which he removed.

People are really upset but nothing has seemed to have gone against the grain.

1. We knew Miami was offering a sizable NIL to Fletcher that we wasn’t going to match. We didn’t. And he committed to UM. I mean, why would we? Webb, Montrell, ETN are significantly better. Can you imagine if we did that what it would do to the locker room and Webb’s commitment?

2. John Walker had the best relationship with UCF’s DL coach. We never led at any point. But the staff worked their asses off to flip him.

3. Samson had Miami leading for SIX months. We made it interesting for the last month. Miami then put together a big NIL deal and closed it down. Should’ve we? Probably. If you think that’s your franchise tackle.

Thanks. Again, I’ll trust a lot of your judgment. Not sure why we’d even pursue Fletcher if we weren’t willing to make a big offer. Agree we don’t need him, so why allow this to look like we missed a critical target. Said that last night. We’re handling some of these situations all wrong and playing into Cristobal.

I’ve already conceded Jean. These last weekend visits are usually killers and you don’t take it unless you’re having second thoughts. He’s the lowest of our WRs but again we’re losing to a rival, and will probably finish behind them(also) as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator