Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
According to TOS we're losing Jean to the noles and the only uncommitted recruits we were leading for (Fletcher and Caden Jones) are Miami and LSU bound. Looking like a 12-13 finish for us this recruiting cycle, 3 or 4 spots worse then Mullens bump class. :facepalm:

Edit: Fletcher already committed to Miami.

Last edited:

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Losing out on Walker is a big blow. Absolutely needed to land him. From podcasts and social media it seems like this class is going to end with a DUD. How did we lose all the momentum on trail? Awaiting answers from the experts

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
According to TOS we're losing Jean to the noles and the only uncommitted recruits we were leading for (Fletcher and Caden Jones) are Miami and LSU bound. Looking like a 12-13 finish for us this recruiting cycle, 3 or 4 spots worse then Mullens bump class. :facepalm:

Edit: Fletcher already committed to Miami.

Forget the bump class. There’s a very real chance this class ends up ranked worse than the worst class Mullen ever landed(his transition in ‘18). I get J’s point that rankings aren’t all that matter, but with the resources given to him, that’s absolutely inexcusable. His class ranking should never be behind a guy who basically didn’t try.

We’re also trying to hang onto Norman and Gates. So this could get real ugly, real quick. And as I cautioned, we’ve now allowed the establishment of a second assassin to our south, to go along with the one to our north, both of whom want nothing more than to kill UF. I see zero scenario where Napier survives this.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Losing out on Walker is a big blow. Absolutely needed to land him. From podcasts and social media it seems like this class is going to end with a DUD. How did we lose all the momentum on trail? Awaiting answers from the experts

When everything since the SC game has been a complete sh*t show it was bound to happen. Perception is huge when social media and talking heads are bashing us 24/7 about how bad we look. Blood is in the water and our rivals are attacking. This reminds me of the butters years.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Forget the bump class. There’s a very real chance this class ends up ranked worse than the worst class Mullen ever landed(his transition in ‘18). I get J’s point that rankings aren’t all that matter, but with the resources given I him, that’s absolutely inexcusable. His class ranking should never be behind a guy who basically didn’t try.

We’re also trying to hang onto Norman and Gates. So this could get real ugly, real quick.
Your just being negative, your not a real fan unless your cool with being a loser.

In all seriousness they've spent and extra 5 or 6 million a year on coaches and "Billy's army" to field the worse bump class in history, or since they started keeping up with recruiting rankings. Remember when we couldn't have real spring games because we didn't have enough o linemen, Billy says hold my beer mother fuchers.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He's full on head up his azz delusional at this point. It's best to just ignore him.

There’s some truth to his comment. I posted the stats. Basically without his players we win 1 game. The problem is the burn down approach where you just hemorrhage guys that don’t quite buy in the ways you’d like because you’re gonna just replace them with talent that’s automatically better. We need to take 30 this go around and slay the portal, and it looks like unless we reach—putting us right back in the same boat—we won’t fill our numbers. It was a bad approach last year when we did it, and guys like YL were insistent that anyone that had ever sat at a red light next to Mullen was awful and should never play for UF. It’s a dumb concept that WM, Strong and others have tried only to fail.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Can't defend the close on this recruiting season; just as bad as the last.

I still like the class overall and I can see what Napier is trying to do with it but you simply can't miss on so many targets and expect to compete. Whether it's him and his staff, the admin unwilling to shell out the dollars or a combination of both; you have fallen further behind Georgia. Is this class going to be better than what the last three **** faces brought in? Yes, does that make us better, yes.....does it catch us up to Georgia and Bama, no and that's ultimately the problem.

I think I'm just sort of in the minority that looks at this problem as an administrative problem more than the coaches. We won't play the NIL game nor will spend and do what it takes to be elite and I think the university is fine with that. Napier will likely be gone in '24 due to talent differential and we will rinse and repeat. Until the university gets serious about football, it doesn't matter who we hire.

Sidenote, I have no clue what we're doing in the portal. It's like we haven't even tried and we have so many holes we need to replace and upgrade and we're just sitting there on our hands.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
2nd Place U!

If only we had a big staff of assistants to focus on crootin and full buy in from the athletic dept.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Can't defend the close on this recruiting season; just as bad as the last.

I still like the class overall and I can see what Napier is trying to do with it but you simply can't miss on so many targets and expect to compete. Whether it's him and his staff, the admin unwilling to shell out the dollars or a combination of both; you have fallen further behind Georgia. Is this class going to be better than what the last three **** faces brought in? Yes, does that make us better, yes.....does it catch us up to Georgia and Bama, no and that's ultimately the problem.

I think I'm just sort of in the minority that looks at this problem as an administrative problem more than the coaches. We won't play the NIL game nor will spend and do what it takes to be elite and I think the university is fine with that. Napier will likely be gone in '24 due to talent differential and we will rinse and repeat. Until the university gets serious about football, it doesn't matter who we hire.

Sidenote, I have no clue what we're doing in the portal. It's like we haven't even tried and we have so many holes we need to replace and upgrade and we're just sitting there on our hands.

The money they committed to him is on a completely different level. The facilities are insane. The staff is quadruple the size. Hathcock has made his presence felt with NIL. If the recruiting commitment wasn’t there, do you think people like Raymond and the coordinator girl we grabbed from uga would’ve left their positions to join here? Bottom line, this is on Napier not getting it done. No one else. That admin excuse is no longer valid.

I think he tried to go too familiar with several of his hires and needs to make some serious decisions within the next 2 weeks. His obituary is being written, but he can still stop it if he wants.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Lol. Billy’s recruiting is about the same as Mullen’s. He whiffs a lot.

His elite talent recruiting is the same...the rest of the class is much better than anything Mullen brought in though.

The money they committed to him is on a completely different level. The facilities are insane. The staff is quadruple the size. Hathcock has made his presence felt with NIL. If the recruiting commitment wasn’t there, do you think people like Raymond and the coordinator girl we grabbed from uga would’ve left their positions to join here? Bottom line, this is on Napier not getting it done. No one else. That admin excuse is no longer valid.

I think he tried to go too familiar with several of his hires and needs to make some serious decisions within the next 2 weeks. His obituary is being written, but he can still stop it if he wants.

The money in the department and the program is better but not the money you need to pay players and that's where I think the issue is alongside Napier not closing on elite talent. The class as a whole is actually very solid and much better than what we've had in years past but too many misses on elite guys and positions of need. Samson, Fletcher, all those guys went to the biggest bag...that's not on Napier as much as the boosters not wanting to buy the guys

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
His elite talent recruiting is the same...the rest of the class is much better than anything Mullen brought in though.

The money in the department and the program is better but not the money you need to pay players and that's where I think the issue is alongside Napier not closing on elite talent. The class as a whole is actually very solid and much better than what we've had in years past but too many misses on elite guys and positions of need. Samson, Fletcher, all those guys went to the biggest bag...that's not on Napier as much as the boosters not wanting to buy the guys

1 commit in top 20 of the state of Florida isn’t gonna cut it

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bama and osu was sure crying the blues about our nil spending when we got collins and dijon.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

As I’ve asked before, how do they not have everyone then? These guys aren’t getting the money that people think, and definitely not in some lump sum. A um board I check on from time to time said that MC had only been to Heritage(Fletcher’s school) like twice in a year. Mario closes. Napier isn’t in too many of thes battles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator