Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Gonna put my pumper hat back on for a minute (it’s been in the closet - like URG - collecting dust)….

I say we land McCall and grab some blue chippers nobody expects us to on early signing day. I don’t think Napier and co. are dumb, and believe they have contingency plans in place.

Now if none of this happens, I’m putting away the hat and grabbing the pitchfork :lol:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Here's my two bits on people/boosters ponying up NIL money
My rant about this topic falls somewhat in line with yours: The Hugh Hathcocks require billionaires who play with money in a nearly embarrassing way (it's one thing to love a football program, but when a couple million could fund some other project you deeply care about versus paying a kid who just might beat up his girlfriend at some point is tough to swallow). So, I don't see the president box gang as the most likely big dollar funders of NIL. But, the Gator Collective is also missing the mark by aiming to be so inclusive as to miss who will actually pay.

UF has hundreds of Bull Gator boosters at far lower levels and others who would but can't make games. Instead of the $5-10 investments per month, a functioning UF collective could likely get $5-10 thousand per donor from a couple thousand people. Even the president box couple hundred would likely contribute $10-15k per year (not the larger portion but some). 500 people at $10k is $5 million per year and that investment level can be duplicated year over year. Another 1000 at $5k and we are at $10 million total, before we account for what could be the $25-50 per month group of several thousands. These are not crazy or overly hopeful figures.

Instead, GC has plotted their own ineptness by the limited ask of $5-10 per month. Add to that the structural issues I've noted prior, and won't repeat, but that lead to no oversight/"collective" input into the dollar allocation, so you really cannot get those $5-10k+ donors because they don't trust you.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Ally Love Negativity GIF by Peloton

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My rant about this topic falls somewhat in line with yours: The Hugh Hathcocks require billionaires who play with money in a nearly embarrassing way (it's one thing to love a football program, but when a couple million could fund some other project you deeply care about versus paying a kid who just might beat up his girlfriend at some point is tough to swallow). So, I don't see the president box gang as the most likely big dollar funders of NIL. But, the Gator Collective is also missing the mark by aiming to be so inclusive as to miss who will actually pay.

UF has hundreds of Bull Gator boosters at far lower levels and others who would but can't make games. Instead of the $5-10 investments per month, a functioning UF collective could likely get $5-10 thousand per donor from a couple thousand people. Even the president box couple hundred would likely contribute $10-15k per year (not the larger portion but some). 500 people at $10k is $5 million per year and that investment level can be duplicated year over year. Another 1000 at $5k and we are at $10 million total, before we account for what could be the $25-50 per month group of several thousands. These are not crazy or overly hopeful figures.

Instead, GC has plotted their own ineptness by the limited ask of $5-10 per month. Add to that the structural issues I've noted prior, and won't repeat, but that lead to no oversight/"collective" input into the dollar allocation, so you really cannot get those $5-10k+ donors because they don't trust you.
I don't disagree with you, but I think it is very difficult to "mobilize" UF grads/people to donate for things in general, let alone something like players that might beat up their girlfriends. There are two things that make it tough: 1) it's an "intangible," and 2) UF alum are like "diaspora" relative to where UF is actually located. Both are true for a lot of schools, but I think it's an even bigger problem for UF.

Closest thing I can remember to this sports wise for UF (and not that long ago) was when you could donate money specifically toward a particular position's scholarship (it was something like that) and obviously some were more "prestigious/ego worthy" than others... like to be a/or the QB donor.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I don't disagree with you, but I think it is very difficult to "mobilize" UF grads/people to donate for things in general, let alone something like players that might beat up their girlfriends. There are two things that make it tough: 1) it's an "intangible," and 2) UF alum are like "diaspora" relative to where UF is actually located. Both are true for a lot of schools, but I think it's an even bigger problem for UF.

Closest thing I can remember to this sports wise for UF (and not that long ago) was when you could donate money specifically toward a particular position's scholarship (it was something like that) and obviously some were more "prestigious/ego worthy" than others... like to be a/or the QB donor.
We probably still have some Ben Hill Griffin kind of Gators.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all see this? de la Torre said no surprises coming and the class is slipping to below 10.

We slip to or below 10 and you can go ahead and move me to the fire him immediately camp. The ONLY thing he has left to hang a hat on is crootin. Everything else has sucked a fat dck.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We slip to or below 10 and you can go ahead and move me to the fire him immediately camp. The ONLY thing he has left to hang a hat on is crootin. Everything else has sucked a fat dck.
You’re honestly trying to tell us you’re not already in that camp? Please.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

We’ve been at 11 since yesterday, and that’s still factoring in Jean who’s likely gone.

On a hopefully more positive note, Webb supposedly saying on Twitter that we should get one more big name on Wed. Big need is the way he described it. We’ll see.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve been at 11 since yesterday, and that’s still factoring in Jean who’s likely gone.

On a hopefully more positive note, Webb supposedly saying on Twitter that we should get one more big name on Wed. Big need is the way he described it. We’ll see.

Jack Anders is withdrawing from the portal is what the streets are saying

37102DB0-94AD-4D9F-8181-BE63A3D4F993.jpeg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You’re honestly trying to tell us you’re not already in that camp? Please.
I'm in the expect it to happen in 2 seasons camp, but no, sorry to disappoint you but I'm not in the fire him now one. I don't think there's a single person on the board in that one yet, but that could change very soon so you may get your wish! :woohoo:

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019

Don't give a $hite if this belongs in another thread or if it has already been posted and I missed it. Just read this and had to post it. PRAISE THE LAWD!!!!! I'm pumped now fellas, no more having to see him get run over and be made a permanent part of the field. No more seeing him celebrate after he gets burned for 40 yards and runs down the slow guy that had no business burning him in the first place. No more having to see him make one great play only to be erased into the shawdorealm the next down because he just gave up another third down. No more having to see him get an interception only to see him get obliterated and be on the receiving end of the hit of the year from a WR and give the only take away he ever had right back to the opposing team, sorta like waterboy now that I think about it.

The best comment I seen about him, which just sums it up, is at least he didn't throw a shoe..................

Now, if we can get something official saying that Burney is gone I dont' give 2 mighty $hites were we finish in recruiting, we have won the offseason.

I swear to god if one of these MFs find a way to come back for another season...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.