Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
According to On3 the AJ Harris commitment got all messed up. Corey Bender said he has talked with AJ and his dad a number of times. Their biggest thing was making a surprise commitment catching everyone off guard. That was ruined when word of AJ's upcoming commitment got out, all those CBs were made, and it hit social media. AJ and his dad left campus angry. He is visiting UGly this weekend. This is not CBN's fault. AJ and his dad handled this poorly. Katie did tweet this since word got around about the AJ Harris issue,

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well if they want to make a splash surprise, don't talk to the recruitniks or give them any info to place a CB on them. They should know that those services are going to put what they think or especially, what they've been told by the recruit. Glad we have someone like Turner who can help manage things like this.

And on the silent commit stuff. It's just good we have those that may be committing silently. Main reason we had a lot of silent commits under Mullentham was that there was nothing to tell, no action taken, and no serious highly rated recruit actually considering coming to UF. Lazy staff.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Well if they want to make a splash surprise, don't talk to the recruitniks or give them any info to place a CB on them. They should know that those services are going to put what they think or especially, what they've been told by the recruit. Glad we have someone like Turner who can help manage things like this.

If what Corey says is true, then any news on AJ Harris’ recruitment becomes meaningless. He will be the kid who places all the hats on the table to then reveal an entirely different jersey. It is a huge game to him. This is the part of recruiting I despise.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but I’m way past over this silent commit BS. We’ve been silent commit victims for the last decade.
Well, good news is that they are supposed to announce in July. The other is supposed to announce prior to, but at a time of his own choosing. The coaches are apparently pushing to get kids to announce sooner, but most enjoy the attention.

So if we head into the season with a meh class, then we'll know then. Regardless, this staff is busting their asses recruiting, which is d

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting is going incredibly and we have people angry right now about it. It's March and MJM and 81 have already thrown in the towel. Have ANY of the top recruits announced commitments to any schools yet?

Fellas, Butters and Mullen are gone.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Pendulum has swung totally in the opposite direction of what we have grown accustomed to over the last few years. Just the amount of effort, buzz, and information coming out is very exciting. It's nice to get fired up about recruiting again. Being in the conversation and the amount of talent coming in is tremendous. You gotta like how things are going and what CBN is doing.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Recruiting is going incredibly and we have people angry right now about it. It's March and MJM and 81 have already thrown in the towel. Have ANY of the top recruits announced commitments to any schools yet?

This is true. There is nothing to suggest CBN is like Butters and Dopey and no reason whatsoever to freak out about a 17-18 year old kid's twitter posts. I'm excited about recruiting again for the first time in a long, long time. No more 3 star diamonds in the rough.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

COB December 21st, 2022.
We'll see.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
According to On3 the AJ Harris commitment got all messed up. Corey Bender said he has talked with AJ and his dad a number of times. Their biggest thing was making a surprise commitment catching everyone off guard. That was ruined when word of AJ's upcoming commitment got out, all those CBs were made, and it hit social media. AJ and his dad left campus angry. He is visiting UGly this weekend. This is not CBN's fault. AJ and his dad handled this poorly. Katie did tweet this since word got around about the AJ Harris issue,

I tell my daughters to focus on the quality of the marriage, not a flashy wedding. His dad is failing him if he doesn't help him understand priorities.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Word is that Corey Bender is the one that f'd it up.

We'll never know. It is a reporter's job to give information. His customer base depends on it. It is unreasonable, in this day and age, to expect no one to find out about a 5 star's possible commitment. It is huge business. The family is being stupid if that is their expectation.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see if you can make it to the date without getting banned for life.
giphy.gif

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Well here is a breath of fresh air. Cedric Baxter drops a story on IG that says he isn't dropping a final list and we will see where he goes when the time comes.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We'll never know. It is a reporter's job to give information. His customer base depends on it. It is unreasonable, in this day and age, to expect no one to find out about a 5 star's possible commitment. It is huge business. The family is being stupid if that is their expectation.

I dont know. It all seems silly to me. I know these kids want to milk the social media side of it since that now equals money if they can get enough followers but it still doesn't change the fact that the primary avenue to make the $ is football. If I found the spot I loved with the coaches and program that I felt was the best at making me better as well as the path to the NFL (and NIL while in college) I wouldnt fret about the shock of my announcement.

Whatevers...AJ Harris is a stud but tbh, we are looking really good at CB and with Raymond I dont think we are going to be hurting much if we dont get AJ Harris.

As for Bender and reporters need to report...whatevers to that as well. I could care less about the whiney little crybabies on those pay boards not getting their fix about high school kids. It really is such a weird thing. I find myself wanting to follow recruiting so I get an understanding of how our future looks but when I look at these payboard I just want to throwup at the 'customers'.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I dont know. It all seems silly to me. I know these kids want to milk the social media side of it since that now equals money if they can get enough followers but it still doesn't change the fact that the primary avenue to make the $ is football. If I found the spot I loved with the coaches and program that I felt was the best at making me better as well as the path to the NFL (and NIL while in college) I wouldnt fret about the shock of my announcement.

Whatevers...AJ Harris is a stud but tbh, we are looking really good at CB and with Raymond I dont think we are going to be hurting much if we dont get AJ Harris.

As for Bender and reporters need to report...whatevers to that as well. I could care less about the whiney little crybabies on those pay boards not getting their fix about high school kids. It really is such a weird thing. I find myself wanting to follow recruiting so I get an understanding of how our future looks but when I look at these payboard I just want to throwup at the 'customers'.

I really appreciate the work and time you and some others put into your posts. Helping the lazy and/or tight-fisted among us to separate the wheat from the chaff is a huge favor to us all.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I really appreciate the work and time you and some others put into your posts. Helping the lazy and/or tight-fisted among us to separate the wheat from the chaff is a huge favor to us all.

No worries, but honestly I'm not doing muchl. I was a moron and got a subscription to 247 around the coaching search time last year just to see what the insider knowledge would be and I have to say, it sucks. There really wasn't any. Just a bunch of knee jerk reactions based off reading between the lines of any comment made by anyone. So far with recruiting information also sucks. The only worthwhile info is coming from paid writers for the site that stalk teenage boys via text, tweet, IG and whatever to get information out of them. Even that info is suspect because its coming from a teenage boy via a paid writer for an audience that is biased.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This is some of that juicy :rolleyes3: insider information that is the norm behind the paywalls. Basically, heresay and gossip. The first quote is from the famous self professed insider quejay. The second is what I believe the quote from the other site he is referencing. @oxrageous if this isn't allowed, my bad, I will delete it and go to your camp for brainwashing...er retraining.
Well Cormani’s cousin just leaked the backstory on AJ’s situation on TOS. I don’t understand why people can’t just keep quiet on stuff. I won’t add anything except he’s completely right. Again I was asked not to comment on the situation so I will respect their wishes but if you have an acct you can go see for yourself.

"This kid is creating drama. The video was filmed on Sunday and I know because my cousin was around when parts were being filmed. (No my cousin is not in it) Everyone needs to relax. He’s upset because a lot of CB’s dropped when Billy tweeted the first emoji but nothing when he tweeted the 2nd one. He wanted that same treatment. Video was suppose to drop yesterday but now with this it probably won’t be until next month or later once things die down."

So basically, high school level bs. AJ commits to the staff, Coach Napier drops the sunglass emoji on twitter (AJ is happy about that). Bender leaks he is commit and will announce soon. That quejay dude also leaks it on 247 but deletes because his source told him to delete it. Everybody drops CBs for AJ to Florida. AJ gets mad because of all the CBs to Florida and wished it would have been like the second sunglass emoji from Coach Napier that didnt have leaks.

This is so ghey.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.