Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE="neteng, post: 1397080, member: 2228"
]It is May so calm your titties
[/QUOTE]

Ahh, the love of my childhood. Such a shame about the whole talking thing.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Coach working this guy and his father hard. They are setting up a visit now. Some very positive comments from them about Florida.

We haven’t locked that in yet but we will hopefully in a matter of days.

I think from a football standpoint, just watching what he did at Louisiana from quarterback development and just winning, I mean the guy is a winner. I mean, he’s got a little grit to him. He shadows the quarterbacks, coaches the position and we’ve been talking to him a little bit and quarterbacks analyst Ryan O’Hara and they’re just in line with quarterback development which is huge.

I know with Jaden, he’s pretty aware of how that effects your ability to assimilate the offensive culture of the team. It’s one thing to have a coordinator who coaches the quarterbacks but to have a head coach that actually coaches the quarterback position, I think that’s about as intimate and as in-depth of a connection with the coach and a quarterback that you could have. That’s pretty unique and I haven’t seen that anywhere else.

With Jaden, we talk about those kinds of things but I think his outlook on everything is he knows no matter where he goes, he has to compete. I know they’ve got some good quarterbacks in the room at Florida and a lot of the schools he’s looking at do and I think he’d be one of them. The bottom line is really where the development is and hopefully, you get lined up where you’re development peaks with opportunity and whether that’s right away or two years down the line, it just depends. There’s some thought to it but he’s got to compete wherever he goes.

With the top-six, it’s a little interesting because I know some of that was already in the works before Florida got in with us. They’ll definitely have the potential to have some dark-horse efforts in that top six.

I think Florida has the potential to be in his top-two. We need to get down there and we’re still building a great relationship but the relationship part with Florida is pretty new but it’s pretty good. I anticipate Florida will move to the top of his situation.

Just in general, there’s been a lot of information that I’ve gotten about Florida. Now, we haven’t been there but, of course, Jaden had a brief stint at IMG, so he’s familiar with the state but we haven’t been to Florida. From what I hear, it’s a great campus, big-time football in the SEC and even academically, they’re one of the better academic institutions in the country. I’m pretty excited about the energy they have around that program and where they’re going. I think they’re going to be one of the programs to watch in the SEC.

We made his top 6...err 7. He was going to release a top 6 today but they stretched it to 7 to put Florida in there.

Last edited:

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Looks like Derrick LeBlanc has decided to push his commitment date back instead of deciding what school he will be choosing on the same day as Peyton Kirkland and Malik Bryant. Not sure how to feel about this one, he has been on campus 10+ times. Rumor is that OU is picking up steam with him. I'm just hoping that he wants his time in the sun individually vs sharing the spotlight with Kirkland and Bryant. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Looks like Derrick LeBlanc has decided to push his commitment date back instead of deciding what school he will be choosing on the same day as Peyton Kirkland and Malik Bryant. Not sure how to feel about this one, he has been on campus 10+ times. Rumor is that OU is picking up steam with him. I'm just hoping that he wants his time in the sun individually vs sharing the spotlight with Kirkland and Bryant. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Agreed. Pretty worried about him pushing the date back as well since he is one of the guys that seem to be a given as well as a momentum builder commitment. I keep reminding myself though that even when a player commits it isn't over until they sign the LOI. And now that isn't even the end of it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We didnt make Richard Young's OV list. Not really surprising as I dont think we were ever really in it with him. We are visiting this guy today (Juluke) who is supposedly a fast rising prospect. Pun intended...he won Florida's 3A 100m and 200m sprint (10.45 and 20.78) as a junior. He had the fastest 100m at Elite 16 as well. Mostly used as a RB but also played as WR.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We didnt make Richard Young's OV list. Not really surprising as I dont think we were ever really in it with him. We are visiting this guy today (Juluke) who is supposedly a fast rising prospect. Pun intended...he won Florida's 3A 100m and 200m sprint (10.45 and 20.78) as a junior. He had the fastest 100m at Elite 16 as well. Mostly used as a RB but also played as WR.

Any idea on our chances? I love speed.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Coach working this guy and his father hard. They are setting up a visit now. Some very positive comments from them about Florida.

I think your post was so long that a lot of people may have not read it. But this is a really important post. We haven’t been in it for any quarterbacks. And all of a sudden out of the blue it looks like an elite quarterback is considering us. It really talks to Napier’s never die attitude. He leaves no stone unturned when it comes to reaching out to and talking with elite players.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

I think your post was so long that a lot of people may have not read it. But this is a really important post. We haven’t been in it for any quarterbacks. And all of a sudden out of the blue it looks like an elite quarterback is considering us. It really talks to Napier’s never die attitude. He leaves no stone unturned when it comes to reaching out to and talking with elite players.

Comments in there about how he likes that Napier is the QB coach as well.

However, this is all quotes from the father and not the kid so kinda hesitant to get too excited as in today's NIL game they could just be using us to sweeten the deal elsewhere. This kid really seems to fit the Napier offense though. His vertical throws are really good.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Any relation to Chris Johnson that played at ECU and had a very solid NFL career? He was one of the fastest RBs I've ever seen play.

Chris-Johnson-Tennessee-Titans-Getty-Images.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator