Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any relation to Chris Johnson that played at ECU and had a very solid NFL career? He was one of the fastest RBs I've ever seen play.

Chris-Johnson-Tennessee-Titans-Getty-Images.jpg
My question too

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Offered today after meeting with him

We didnt make Richard Young's OV list. Not really surprising as I dont think we were ever really in it with him. We are visiting this guy today (Juluke) who is supposedly a fast rising prospect. Pun intended...he won Florida's 3A 100m and 200m sprint (10.45 and 20.78) as a junior. He had the fastest 100m at Elite 16 as well. Mostly used as a RB but also played as WR.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Offered this guy today. No rating from anyone yet and not much of an offer list.

Improved a lot from sophomore to junior year. Likes to use his upper body to manhandle people. His HS utilizes some zone blocking techniques, which should make for an easier transition to college. Has good size and uses it. Technique and footwork need improvement. My guess is the coaches are looking at him as a 2 year project (with a redshirt) with him working his way into the rotation as a redshirt soph. I don't hate the offer, but not wowed by it either. Regardless, you need bodies on the lines and playing both ways gives our coaching staff options with him.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
So decades old pictures of Alyssa Milano are the best thing we've got going for us at the moment?

Say it ain't so...

giphy.gif

I guess I won't panic until more of you guys do.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It's true that there are plenty of schools that haven't gotten many commits yet. Guess we wait and see what happens.
DECEMBER 21st.
I have a feeling the play on the field will have as much to do with it as anything else. I hope BN and crew are burning the midnight oil to develop relationships now and then play on the field (along with NIL. $) seals the deal.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Im still pumping and believing. I think its pretty obvious that they are working hard so if we flop it won't be a lack of effort. We are getting visits and a lot of good post visit comments from the top guys but we are at 5 commits with a meh avg rating of 88.22. The traditional top teams are looking much better with the avg rating being above 93 with similar amount of recruits. So its a struggle to keep believing but as long as they are working hard and shooting the shots, and there is still time on the clock, Im going to keep pumping. Once the season starts, I think we will all have a better idea of which way we are heading in all aspects of the program. If top players start committing before then it would probably make me accept a so so season but if the 23 class is on the same trajectory it is now at kickoff...well...its going to be a tough struggle. It helps a whole lot that him and his staff are very likeable people.

EDIT: meant to add that even though we are at an 88.22 avg, when I look at those players I really have no problem with taking them. It just that we havent hit on a big one yet.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Im still pumping and believing. I think its pretty obvious that they are working hard so if we flop it won't be a lack of effort. We are getting visits and a lot of good post visit comments from the top guys but we are at 5 commits with a meh avg rating of 88.22. The traditional top teams are looking much better with the avg rating being above 93 with similar amount of recruits. So its a struggle to keep believing but as long as they are working hard and shooting the shots, and there is still time on the clock, Im going to keep pumping. Once the season starts, I think we will all have a better idea of which way we are heading in all aspects of the program. If top players start committing before then it would probably make me accept a so so season but if the 23 class is on the same trajectory it is now at kickoff...well...its going to be a tough struggle. It helps a whole lot that him and his staff are very likeable people.

EDIT: meant to add that even though we are at an 88.22 avg, when I look at those players I really have no problem with taking them. It just that we havent hit on a big one yet.

And with OL...Don't the numbers tend to be lower? It's takes 2 years to develop a good OL

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

While the slow roll of commits and the star level concerns me a bit, I'm not getting really concerned unless we see the guys we're really after committing other places. So far that hasn't really happened yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.