They decided earlier today to deny all media
Entry into the announcement.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Also, if you told me to choose between kearney and McLain, I'm taking kearney. We had a way bigger commitment early this week. This one stings a because it was window dressing on this class. But in the grand scheme of things it makes zero difference. He's going to a program that's headed nowhere and he's not a need.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s the video. The crowd is shocked. And I think that’s a sister next to him as well. She was shocked.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Cormani must have watched Miami’s great performance against Middle Tennessee State in front of all 20 of their fans and said to himself “Man, I can’t wait to play here and get developed by this amazing coaching staff.” Lolololol, Cristobal is an absolute trash can as a head coach, I can’t believe anyone would actually sign up to play for that dumpster fire.
This is why I believe there's some truth to the NIL money rumors.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I take full responsibility.
Suicide Samurai GIF

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The rumor on the other sites says that the Miami boards are saying that this week Miami dropped a $2.5 million NIL deal into his lap.

If that’s the case, how can you fault the kid? Who here would not take that?
Then Miami is pretty fuching stupid :lol:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is why I believe there's some truth to the NIL money rumors.

It’s true…he got a boatload of money. Every person in this from Miami, UF, and Bama side all said he was a lock to UF…then the big money dropped. NIL is gonna make projections on recruits crazy difficult. Can’t wait to see what happens in December when a kid spurns 1 school so money is freed up to drop on another schools committed kid. It’s gonna be a Wild West free for all come ESD

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here’s the video. The crowd is shocked. And I think that’s a sister next to him as well. She was shocked.

That almost tells me that it’s definitely not an NIL issue. You don’t shock someone by picking a school who just gave you 2.5 mil, and there’s zero chance someone that close to him wouldn’t know. Also don’t think our play would have any bearing because they’ve been torched all year. Sometimes these kids just get swept up in it. It’s bizarre and we don’t get it, but it happens. Remember Tracy Howard in 2012? He was a sure Gator the whole class and took one visit to um near NSD. The canes were never in it and then he announces for them.

One thing to consider is these kids read comments and recruiting experts talk for months, if not years. I’ve often wondered when a kid is a “lock” for so long if it becomes tiresome and almost even disrespectful(perceived that way at least) that everyone says they’re definitely going ____, as if they aren’t even making a decision anymore. So many times that school loses its luster later on and land somewhere else, almost out of a weird form of spite. Doesn’t make it smart, but it could definitely be the case, especially with young people who often make bad decisions.

To circle back, the reason you probably didn’t remember Tracy Howard until I mentioned him is that he had a dismal career at miami, never reached his potential, went undrafted and had no NFL career. You know which DBs of that 2012 recruiting class did sign with us? Marcus Maye and Brian Poole. Both had better college careers(and experiences) and played or are still playing in the NFL. Because despite his being an idiot, WM knew how to coach DBs and they saw that and made a smart, not impulsive, move. My guess is McClain will regret not playing here, especially under Raymond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator