Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I still think that's the primary reason in most cases. If a kid can get $500,000 in one place, or $2 million in another, what is he going to choose? That's going to trump the team he prefers, the scheme he prefers, the team momma prefers, everything. Teenagers aren't thinking what's best for them years down the line, they are thinking about now. They aren't rational. Were YOU rational at 18? I sure as hell wasn't.
Absolutely. Like the old expression. Money talks, bullshyt walks. I think this is exactly what happened. I also think that some or most of these kids will get the $$$ they can. If a deal gets blown, misunderstanding, playing in empty stadiums, they'll just hit free agency.......the Portal. We are in a what have you done for me lately culture with these kids. You may have the occasional one that will make the right fit decision, but it's literally where we are now.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Man you are boorish af. You gotta be one fragile mf to have to answer everything, rub in every chance you get, and basically never stfu.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I still think that's the primary reason in most cases. If a kid can get $500,000 in one place, or $2 million in another, what is he going to choose? That's going to trump the team he prefers, the scheme he prefers, the team momma prefers, everything. Teenagers aren't thinking what's best for them years down the line, they are thinking about now. They aren't rational. Were YOU rational at 18? I sure as hell wasn't.
Anybody here who claims they wouldn't have taken the $2M in your scenario is lying.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I really wish we'd stop blaming every lost recruiting battle on nil. I guess this is the first time in history high school kids have gotten money or benefits to play college football? It's been going on forever, they just gotta pay taxes on it now.

I hear you, however there is a lot of talk that there are several programs, the U being one, that are way off the reservation.

What's going to happen when these high $$$ kids don't play or produce? Problem is UF has to deal with the reality NOW. I doubt UF will even go into the "gray" area. But for the U to beat out both Bama and UF?

I have also heard the Media blew this call. Privately the kid liked the U but all his behavior indicated UF but he wasn't talking.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Anybody here who claims they wouldn't have taken the $2M in your scenario is lying.

The problem is, it’s just not that black and white. That’s the silver lining here, that a lot of these deals are not panning out the way they were promised. That’s coming from a recruiting analyst that was interviewed. That’s where NIL becomes ridiculous. They are not getting 2, 5, 7 million dollars upfront to sign with a particular school. We’d be seeing it immediately, especially on social media. It’s about possibility. So, back to your original point, if I could be coached by a far superior coach, developed properly for the real pay day, and still get some form of handsome compensation, I would probably go that route.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The problem is, it’s just not that black and white. That’s the silver lining here, that a lot of these deals are not panning out the way they were promised. That’s coming from a recruiting analyst that was interviewed. That’s where NIL becomes ridiculous. They are not getting 2, 5, 7 million dollars upfront to sign with a particular school. We’d be seeing it immediately, especially on social media. It’s about possibility. So, back to your original point, if I could be coached by a far superior coach, developed properly for the real pay day, and still get some form of handsome compensation, I would probably go that route.
But you're not a kid.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I really wish we'd stop blaming every lost recruiting battle on nil. I guess this is the first time in history high school kids have gotten money or benefits to play college football? It's been going on forever, they just gotta pay taxes on it now.
Not to mention that just 2 months ago. Bama boards were accusing us of spending ridiculously when kelby collins picked us

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
A buddy of mine ran into LoserDan at a yoga class. Asked him what he would change about his time here and got no answer. Then asked him what is different now from when you were here with Urban? LoserDan's response was the kids are only and everything about themselves, what are you going to give them, where and how will they live? There is absolutely no love for the school in general, just what can they get. He said when Urban was here, some kids wanted to come to UF because they were lifelong fans and their dream was to play at UF, that is no longer the case. IMO this is the hardest part to grasp for us as fans, why doesn't a kid want to come here, what are they stupid? Who would rather go to Clown or ThugU instead of UF? We as fans liv, breathe, and will die for our beloved Gators, these kids could careless.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
A buddy of mine ran into LoserDan at a yoga class. Asked him what he would change about his time here and got no answer. Then asked him what is different now from when you were here with Urban? LoserDan's response was the kids are only and everything about themselves, what are you going to give them, where and how will they live? There is absolutely no love for the school in general, just what can they get. He said when Urban was here, some kids wanted to come to UF because they were lifelong fans and their dream was to play at UF, that is no longer the case. IMO this is the hardest part to grasp for us as fans, why doesn't a kid want to come here, what are they stupid? Who would rather go to Clown or ThugU instead of UF? We as fans liv, breathe, and will die for our beloved Gators, these kids could careless.

I think that is changing back with Napier...i.e. COX is gone. I think the players could see through Cousin Eddie's attitude. I knew a MSU Fan who saw right through it. Could not stand him. I think it was more him...not the players.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Great answer from a crying bitch who quit on the job because things didn't go his way and he got called out for being a lazy POS on the recruiting trail. Wonder if he would give that money his didn't earn/stole back to UF since he cares so much about the univeristy and isn't selfish. Phucking prick

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Great answer from a crying bitch who quit on the job because things didn't go his way and he got called out for being a lazy POS on the recruiting trail. Wonder if he would give that money his didn't earn/stole back to UF since he cares so much about the univeristy and isn't selfish. Phucking prick
College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Don't mince words; how do you really feel?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
this would be the same at any other school. Its not a UF problem, its a national youth culture problem, but despite that, the good teams keep being good.

Translation: "Im a pathetic loser who blames selfish kids instead of my selfish self."

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
this would be the same at any other school. Its not a UF problem, its a national youth culture problem, but despite that, the good teams keep being good.

Translation: "Im a pathetic loser who blames selfish kids instead of my selfish self."
bbc series 25 GIF by Top Gear

Eric

Aug 12, 2017
Rumors we may lose Jean soon, he’s removed all his gator info from his bios, and un pinned his gator commit video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator