2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Yeah, then YOU GUYS lost 102-100 in the first round... :hahaha: But like I said, I will not be surprised if UCONN does to us what they've done to everyone so far... :fistbump:
Yeah we were excited about our very first Final Four back in 1994, especially with an average coach like Lon Kruger. Congrats on Bama's very first Final Four.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Yeah we were excited about our very first Final Four back in 1994, especially with an average coach like Lon Kruger. Congrats on Bama's very first Final Four.
With a coach who doesn't care that his players just killed someone. Bama's coach is scum

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It became bloody apparent watching him this weekend - without him, their team ain't sht. Lots of plays is just 'throw it up there and he will go get it' whether it's near the basket or in transition or whatever. I'll give a guy credit for moving and being active at that size, but his game is limited and when he's in foul trouble, or meets someone his own size, he isn't all that....and they don't have much to pick up the slack. Greatly looking forward to him matching up with NC State's big man, DJ Burns (F, not C, so we'll see how much they match up).

Speaking of NC St, how much fun were they having spanking that Duke azz? Now THAT was fun, for them and the fans.
You’re crazy if you think Burns can match up with him. Burns can’t push him around and will struggle to stay out of foul trouble. Edey doesn’t get into foul trouble because he doesn’t try to block every shot. His size allows him to stand his ground, deny the entry pass and block/affect shots by staying vertical.
They play to their strength, which is Edey, and work their offense through him. If he gets the ball in the paint it’s points. He’ll either score, get fouled or kick it out to the open shooter when they drop down to help. I think the only way you can beat them would be to make them run the whole game. Press them, create turnovers and dictate a fast paced tempo. No one will beat them with a half court strategy. He’s too dominant and getting better every game.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Burns has been fun to watch,. His touch around the basket is amazing and he loves playing,, If Purdue and UCON play on Monday it will be fun to see those Bigs go at each other. UCONN's guy is pretty good, too. I do take exception that Lon k was average. He struggled to recruit but I thought he was a very good coach. Taking that team to the Final four was amazing

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Burns has been fun to watch,. His touch around the basket is amazing and he loves playing,, If Purdue and UCON play on Monday it will be fun to see those Bigs go at each other. UCONN's guy is pretty good, too. I do take exception that Lon k was average. He struggled to recruit but I thought he was a very good coach. Taking that team to the Final four was amazing

I always appreciated what Kruger accomplished while he was here and I think he got as much out of his teams as possible but the reason he left Florida for Illinois was recruiting.
Kruger basically said that he would never win consistently at UF because it was too difficult to convince the top talent to come to Florida.

He looked pretty bad three years later when Billy defeated his Illinois team in the tournament with 4 McDonalds All Americans on the roster. Like it or not, recruiting defines a coach to a great extent so…….

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
We had Duke on the ropes in the semifinal. Then the refs told Grant Hill he could tackle our players.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
We had Duke on the ropes in the semifinal. Then the refs told Grant Hill he could tackle our players.
The Norwegian Collegian's Celebration Pointe project just declared bankruptcy... not sure what ever happened to the Fightin' Fin, and while they say he was from "Clearwater," I suspect DeClercq was actually a Frog plant.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
While I don't expect to get past Uconn, I think it would be really cool if Bama were to beat them then go on to beat Purdue giving us the win over 3-#1 seeded teams to win the Nattie...

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
The Norwegian Collegian's Celebration Pointe project just declared bankruptcy... not sure what ever happened to the Fightin' Fin, and while they say he was from "Clearwater," I suspect DeClercq was actually a Frog plant.

Are you confusing Andrew DeClercq with Svein Dyrkolbotn?

DeClercq is a Deet homeboy and currently is a preacher.

Andrew Donald DeClercq is an American retired professional basketball player and current coach. He was a center and power forward in the National Basketball Association for ten seasons during the 1990s and 2000s. Wikipedia
Born: 1973 (age 51 years), Detroit, MI

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
While I don't expect to get past Uconn, I think it would be really cool if Bama were to beat them then go on to beat Purdue giving us the win over 3-#1 seeded teams to win the Nattie...
I think it would be cooler if Bama got their teeth kicked in and your scumbag coach was canned

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it would be cooler if Bama got their teeth kicked in and your scumbag coach was canned

Apparently you aren’t familiar with modern college basketball.
People love scum bag coaches as long as they win.
The only way Oats leaves Alabama is for a better job.
I’m not sure Oats is any worse than several of the other coaches managing blue blood programs currently. He just hasn’t earned the media’s seal of approval yet. Maybe he should attend the Bruce Pearl/Bill Self charm school.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Apparently you aren’t familiar with modern college basketball.
People love scum bag coaches as long as they win.
The only way Oats leaves Alabama is for a better job.
I’m not sure Oats is any worse than several of the other coaches managing blue blood programs currently. He just hasn’t earned the media’s seal of approval yet. Maybe he should attend the Bruce Pearl/Bill Self charm school.
He allowed a kid to play against us because it was a big game, not caring that the kid was under investigation for murder

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
He allowed a kid to play against us because it was a big game, not caring that the kid was under investigation for murder
The last game that Miles played for Bama in was December 20th against Jackson State. Looking at the box score against UF on February 8th, he is not listed as even being on the roster. Unless you know something that wasn't published...

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The last game that Miles played for Bama in was December 20th against Jackson State. Looking at the box score against UF on February 8th, he is not listed as even being on the roster. Unless you know something that wasn't published...
I swear there was a big to do about him playing vs us.

Whether or not he played your coach is still a scumbag who encourages thug play.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For the 1st time in my life I'm more interested in the women's final 4

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I swear there was a big to do about him playing vs us.

Whether or not he played your coach is still a scumbag who encourages thug play.
The player who supplied the gun continued to play. Nalt conveniently left that part out

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is the first time I watched a women’s basketball game in a bit. Caitlin Clark is the real deal. She’s probably the best passer I’ve seen in college basketball in the last 10+ years. A lot of the passes from the girls always look to be frantic. Hers are sharp. They look like NBA passes.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
He played against us the first game, the one they won, the day after the gun thing came out… idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.