Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
This guy buy all his gear at Douchey McFartnozzles crap emporium?

RqabW17N
Was on a flight with Lester and some of his 7v7 teammates in March as we were all headed to the same tournament (my kids were playing in 15u and 12u divisions - 12u won the tourney, which I'll force into this post). While they were right in front of us in line, we talked to them some about the tournament and their HS's. I think it was either a QB or WR who started the conversation with us. Everyone else engaged on related grounds as a normal non-fan conversation. They were essentially alone (they played for South Florida Elite, so no coaches were with them flying out of Tampa). Lester had a different demeanor and entire look of how he was carrying himself with both his teammates and anyone around (though no one else there knew who he was). After boarding, I recall saying to my son that Lester just seems like he is going either to FSU or Colorado - none of us discussed recruiting. He asked why, and my response was something along the lines of "just fits the mold".

This picture is the 996 other words I did not use.

I reserve the right to completely change my view if he somehow does flip to us (and Raymond is a huge selling point), but we have never even been in his top 5 or more. Guy just seems like certain HS kids that never consider UF for a number of reasons that are not about coaches or style of play.

Side note - these kids, even the ones on earlier visits in their HS career all wear their various badges and lanyards on their bags from every unofficial visit/campus stop as a brag/sign to others at these events to pay attention to them. It was good to see UF lanyards with most kids on the better Florida teams. Shows we are working.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This guy buy all his gear at Douchey McFartnozzles crap emporium?

RqabW17N

Yes. Well, old man McFartnozzle sold the store years ago when it just got to be too much for him. It’s a group of Asian investors that technically run it now, but they kept the name. Anyway, all irrelevant. Yes, this kid clearly shops there.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
When it comes to Lester, the visits will tell us if he is seriously considering us. If he does visit 1-2 more times then takes an official, I tend to think he is giving us a serious look. It will be hard to flip him. He is a diehard clown fan.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some folks on TOS have stated that Lester is overrated. No clue, but would be interesting if FSU had thought about processing him out.

Personally, I’d rather have Grimsley and call it a day.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Some folks on TOS have stated that Lester is overrated. No clue, but would be interesting if FSU had thought about processing him out.

Perception is such a huge part of recruiting that even if the Clowns thought he was overrated, they’d take him just because he’s a consensus 5*. I neither watch enough nor know enough to be able to say if Grimsley is the better player - tho it sounded like our staff was recruiting him harder than they were Lester at one time - but I do trust Raymond’s track record enough that if thinks Lester is good enough, then I’d say he’s a take.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Lester’s got blown up by a couple receivers this year. I think that’s where the chatter is coming from.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Lester’s got blown up by a couple receivers this year. I think that’s where the chatter is coming from.
Have you seen him play or camp enough to have an opinion on his skill set? If his problem has been some bad technique, I wouldn't be very concerned; but if it's something else...........

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Correct on Jan 6. So, he's either gonna be a "secret commit" somewhere or not be an early enrollee.
He’s a secret commit somewhere. He said that he’ll be telling the coaching staff sometime at the end of this month or beginning of October where he’s committing. He’s just not announcing it until January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.