3/4 through 1st round: ZERO perfect brackets remain ESPN Challenge

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PAC12 had 7 teams in the tourney, compared to 3 for the SEC. Right now the PAC12 is 1-5, with Oregon still to play. Utah's their only other win. Arizona, Cal, Colorado, Oregon State and USCw (all favorites) lost. That's right, the PAC12 had 7 teams in and none of them were seeded lower than an 8. What a bunch of BS!
The Big10/11 isn't doing much better with losses by Purdue and Sparty (two teams that barely beat UF), and Wisky currently getting it's butt kicked by Pitt 18-5 with 6 minutes remaining in the first half.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PAC12 had 7 teams in the tourney, compared to 3 for the SEC. Right now the PAC12 is 1-5, with Oregon still to play. Utah's their only other win. Arizona, Cal, Colorado, Oregon State and USCw (all favorites) lost. That's right, the PAC12 had 7 teams in and none of them were seeded lower than an 8. What a bunch of BS!
The Big10/11 isn't doing much better with losses by Purdue and Sparty (two teams that barely beat UF), and Wisky currently getting it's butt kicked by Pitt 18-5 with 6 minutes remaining in the first half.
Yeah, I wasn't impressed with the PAC 12 this year, but obviously the selection committee was.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not in bad shape still at this moment, Baylor is the only final eight I have lost, and the only other sweet sixteen's I've lost are Cal and Sparty.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Would you rather have a good year and just miss out on making the big dance or be a high seed like Michigan State and LOSE in the first round?? I would HATE to lose like Michigan State as a 2 SEED as they were a VERY popular pick to go to the Final 4. Izzo OWNED and DESTROYED today that's for sure.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Would you rather have a good year and just miss out on making the big dance or be a high seed like Michigan State and LOSE in the first round?? I would HATE to lose like Michigan State as a 2 SEED as they were a VERY popular pick to go to the Final 4. Izzo OWNED and DESTROYED today that's for sure.
I'd much rather actually make the tourney than not make it in any scenario dude

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Insane day today, so much wackiness. And then within minutes of each other, Northern Iowa hits a half court shot to win and Cincy has a dunk called off that would have tied the game because it was about 0.01 seconds too late.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No way Jose. Its EMBARRASSING to be a 2 SEED and be favored by 16 points in your first round game AND be HEAVILY favored to go to the Final 4 AND LOSE to a 15 seed. No one really remembers if you didn't make the tourney or not. EVERYONE remembers that we were a 2 seed and National Title favorite who LOSES in the first round to an MAJOR underdog and got beaten pretty dang EASILY too. MSU crapped the bed BIGTIME that's for sure. I would not want to be a fan of MSU right now as they are shocked and in disbelief.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No way Jose. Its EMBARRASSING to be a 2 SEED and be favored by 16 points in your first round game AND be HEAVILY favored to go to the Final 4 AND LOSE to a 15 seed. No one really remembers if you didn't make the tourney or not. EVERYONE remembers that we were a 2 seed and National Title favorite who LOSES in the first round to an MAJOR underdog and got beaten pretty dang EASILY too. MSU crapped the bed BIGTIME that's for sure. I would not want to be a fan of MSU right now as they are shocked and in disbelief.
Some are already calling it the biggest upset in tourney history, and I think it's in the discussion. No reason Sparty should have even come close to losing that one, but MTSU came out on fire and stayed that way. Good for them, I say, even if it destroyed my bracket. Love to see the little guy succeed in the dance. And I love to see the B1G fail.

Fun fact for the day, a 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 seed all won today.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Right. As I said, I would rather be UF who barely missed out on the big dance than be MSU who lost in one of the biggest upsets of all time in the tourney.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This ^ MichST was upset they did not get the one seed. GEtting a 2 seed and going home cause MTSU beat you is way worse than just missing out on the dance. We are still playing basketball. Mich St has their heads down or between their legs going WTF happened. That 3 pt line and older quick players that play like a team make the Dance the best sporting event on earth. World cup is great too

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Right. As I said, I would rather be UF who barely missed out on the big dance than be MSU who lost in one of the biggest upsets of all time in the tourney.
I disagree. Whre are we...not in the tournament. That is the goal of every team. I'd rather be a 1 seed and lose to the first 16 seed than go multiple years missing the tournament. Now if it was just one year, yeah I'd rather be us this year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You NEVER want to be that footnote in history as the 1st One losing to a sixteen, Ever. We got spoiled by BD. 3 straight elite 8s and then a final four after that, This not long after the two titles. I want to go back but I want our team to be better than the hot mess we have now. We need some leaders, some consistent shooters and better at the FT line.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MSU had a pretty decent overall year. Yea, they busted out badly but they made it. They have a good team and a good coach who will bounce back.

I will always take that over our abortion of a season.

Pumpers would rather not make the tourney? They'll rationalize any situation. It is absolutely hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator