3/4 through 1st round: ZERO perfect brackets remain ESPN Challenge

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize Billy D never made the NIT in his 2 yrs at Marshall before coming to UF? And that he didn't make the NIT until his second year, nor the NCAA until his 3rd year?

You do realize Jonn Calipari didn't make the NIT until his 2nd year at UMass? And he didn't make the NCAA until his 4th year as a HC (again, at UMass)?

You do realize Tom Izzo's whole HC career has been at Mich St, and he made the NIT for his first 2 yrs before getting to the NCAA?

You do realize Bobby Knight went NIT only 4 of his 6 yrs at Army, and his first year at Indiana before making the NCAA? And his second year at Indiana they made the CCAT (I think that's the tournament Billy turned down his last season)?

You do realize Dean Smith didn't make any post season with UNC until his 6th year? They made NCAA then, and for 3 yrs straight before going NIT the next 4 out of 5 seasons?

You do realize Mike K made the NIT only in his 3rd of 5 years at Army? Then his first year at Duke was NIT followed by 2 seasons of no tournaments before reaching NCAA?

I know you're going to counter "That was Army and UMass...we are FLORIDA, DAMMIT" But my point to you is the greatest coaches didn't even have NCAA experience out of the gate, and not all of them were making NIT to start their careers. Besides, what do you say to coaches having experience as they get to the better programs of their career and NOT having out of the gate NCAA records to show for it? You want to counter with several of these coaches started way back when the NCAA field was smaller, less teams getting in...OK, then why, if the coaches are so good, were they not in NIT more? You can't argue the teams were weaker back then, nobody will buy it - but in the recent years Mike White has been making it to post season play consistently.

You do realize Mike White had not post season his first year as HC at LaTech, but got his team there for years 2-4 and got Florida there for his first year coaching in the program? And NONE of those have been one and done NIT experiences, correct? You realize he did that at LaTech....not a power program, correct?

I'm not saying Mike White is the answer, I'm just saying your full of sht when continuously criticizing his lack of NCAA appearances while he does better than many of those more well known names in Basketball Coaching history.

Forever a bridesmaid.....compared to these kings of the sport? Pathetic accusation.

Too long to really read but Dean Smith? Bobby Knight? I'm pretty sure the NCAA field was much much smaller back then and that the NIT was actually a big deal in those days.

GTFO. More excuses from pumper land. Holy crap balls.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize Billy D never made the NIT in his 2 yrs at Marshall before coming to UF? And that he didn't make the NIT until his second year, nor the NCAA until his 3rd year?

You do realize Jonn Calipari didn't make the NIT until his 2nd year at UMass? And he didn't make the NCAA until his 4th year as a HC (again, at UMass)?

You do realize Tom Izzo's whole HC career has been at Mich St, and he made the NIT for his first 2 yrs before getting to the NCAA?

You do realize Bobby Knight went NIT only 4 of his 6 yrs at Army, and his first year at Indiana before making the NCAA? And his second year at Indiana they made the CCAT (I think that's the tournament Billy turned down his last season)?

You do realize Dean Smith didn't make any post season with UNC until his 6th year? They made NCAA then, and for 3 yrs straight before going NIT the next 4 out of 5 seasons?

You do realize Mike K made the NIT only in his 3rd of 5 years at Army? Then his first year at Duke was NIT followed by 2 seasons of no tournaments before reaching NCAA?

I know you're going to counter "That was Army and UMass...we are FLORIDA, DAMMIT" But my point to you is the greatest coaches didn't even have NCAA experience out of the gate, and not all of them were making NIT to start their careers. Besides, what do you say to coaches having experience as they get to the better programs of their career and NOT having out of the gate NCAA records to show for it? You want to counter with several of these coaches started way back when the NCAA field was smaller, less teams getting in...OK, then why, if the coaches are so good, were they not in NIT more? You can't argue the teams were weaker back then, nobody will buy it - but in the recent years Mike White has been making it to post season play consistently.

You do realize Mike White had not post season his first year as HC at LaTech, but got his team there for years 2-4 and got Florida there for his first year coaching in the program? And NONE of those have been one and done NIT experiences, correct? You realize he did that at LaTech....not a power program, correct?

I'm not saying Mike White is the answer, I'm just saying your full of sht when continuously criticizing his lack of NCAA appearances while he does better than many of those more well known names in Basketball Coaching history.

Forever a bridesmaid.....compared to these kings of the sport? Pathetic accusation.
Good try, but he probably won't read it all before chalking you up as a 'pumper' and writing you off for being one (even though you're not).
I do agree with Rex in that I'd rather have made the big dance and lost in the fist round vs. going to the NIT. But I don't agree with him about Coach White.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Too long to really read but Dean Smith? Bobby Knight? I'm pretty sure the NCAA field was much much smaller back then and that the NIT was actually a big deal in those days.

GTFO. More excuses from pumper land. Holy crap balls.
See what I'm talking about TLB?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Last night was nuts watching ATM come from behind to tie then take the win in OT. Watched clips where UNI won their conference championship on a last second shot, and their opening NCAA game on a last second shot, and then watching ATM play unbelievable at the end to get the win. Only SEC team left in the tourney, but should get bounced by OU. ATM had no business winning that game last night.

Great parity and exciting upsets this year. Despite not caring about any of the teams, it's still fun to watch.

NI crumbled under the pressure. Up 8 with 25 seconds to go, and then up 3 at the end of OT. I'm just pissed about that...I picked NI to win the game.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I do agree with Rex in that I'd rather have made the big dance and lost in the fist round vs. going to the NIT. But I don't agree with him about Coach White.

Same here. I'd be happier with a short NCAA trip than a long NIT one, but I firmly believe he's wrong about White (and I can write essays to prove it).

GTFO. More excuses from pumper land.

You prove that you a) are lazy, b ) refuse to acknowledge facts that are against your view (I called it - you'd claim smaller fields). How about you GTFO with your misery from the land of black clouds? Got facts? Bring 'em. Got nothing but misery? F'off.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Same here. I'd be happier with a short NCAA trip than a long NIT one, but I firmly believe he's wrong about White (and I can write essays to prove it).

You prove that you a) are lazy, b ) refuse to acknowledge facts that are against your view (I called it - you'd claim smaller fields). How about you GTFO with your misery from the land of black clouds? Got facts? Bring 'em. Got nothing but misery? F'off.

What facts? From 30-40 years ago? Fact...White hasn't made an NCAA tourney yet. White is struggling in recruiting. Your dumb **** ass just compared him to a list of HOF'ers. I loathe people like you. Has he shown anything like the list of guys above? Do you see that in him? I don't. He'll get three years to prove everybody wrong and then he's back to the Sun-Mid-American-West conference.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Check out John Wooden's record before he became the greatest coach of all time. Hell, you would have him fired after two years for sure...........I want what I want and I want it now.................

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
. White is struggling in recruiting. Your dumb **** ass just compared him to a list of HOF'ers. I loathe people like you.
Jeeez no one compared him to them but just pointed out that fckn ROME was not built in a day. You are like a 3 year old screaming long and loud for his gdman cookie........

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Jeeez no one compared him to them but just pointed out that fckn ROME was not built in a day. You are like a 3 year old screaming long and loud for his gdman cookie........

Sorry, but part of this Rome is already built. What sad, low pathetic bars some of you have.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Too long to really read
8o8KTVU.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Fact...White hasn't made an NCAA tourney yet.

Rather than continue to bombard you with reality, let me step back for a moment.

I respect your right to have an opinion and expectations. Can you tell me how many coaches EVER have met your expectations? Can you provide ANY examples to support your expectations as reasonable?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Rather than continue to bombard you with reality, let me step back for a moment.

I respect your right to have an opinion and expectations. Can you tell me how many coaches EVER have met your expectations? Can you provide ANY examples to support your expectations as reasonable?

LOL. It is unreasonable to make the NCAA? It is unreasonable to have a top ten recruiting class in FB or even top 25 in BB?

Yeah, my bar is set way too migh.

The fact is Jeremy hasn't been exactly lighting it on fire since Urban...has he?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
LOL. It is unreasonable to make the NCAA?

In a coach's first, or even second year? Can you point to ANY coaches that have done that, just to prove it is possible? I'm still waiting.

It is unreasonable to have a top ten recruiting class in FB or even top 25 in BB?

Changing the point of discussion?

Yeah, my bar is set way too migh.

I believe it is. But that's only my opinion.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is White's first year? really? This is getting us nowhere. You would think Bernie from weekend at Bernie's was a good coach if Foley hired him.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is White's first year? really? This is getting us nowhere. You would think Bernie from weekend at Bernie's was a good coach if Foley hired him.
Weak effort. You aren't even trying now. :shakehead:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let me guess...you would STILL rather be MSU making history and losing in the NCAA Tourney than be the Gators who WON again on the road??!! MSU was embarrassed. We are still playing. Go Gators!!
Our coach has still never made the NCAAs. WHite is King of the NIT, which means he a forever bridesmaid. He needs to make the real tourney. I find it utterly hysterical that the pumpers would somehow turn MSU's loss into our gain.

Pathetic.

:burn:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
This is White's first year? really?

This isn't his first year at our program? What's he in, his sixth? Tenth? Do we count by dog years? Your reality must be challenging to live in. No wonder you feel he hasn't delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.