3/4 through 1st round: ZERO perfect brackets remain ESPN Challenge

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
YOu can have Mich St and that embarrassment all day long. No one will remember theirrecord this year or the star they have . Just that loss. Hell it will bebig in the ONE SHINING MOMENT..........you can have it. I guess a 20 win season is an abortion when we are just a few years removed from that final four and elite 8s.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
YOu can have Mich St and that embarrassment all day long. No one will remember theirrecord this year or the star they have . Just that loss. Hell it will bebig in the ONE SHINING MOMENT..........you can have it. I guess a 20 win season is an abortion when we are just a few years removed from that final four and elite 8s.

MSU won their conference tourney. They won 29 games. They actually made the NCAA's.

20 wins is like getting 7-8 wins in football. It's nothing to brag about.

The **** that tumbles out of your mouth.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The games have been nothing short of spectacular. I'm leading my bracket with 27 of 32 in round one and enjoying the hell out of the tournament.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
MSU won their conference tourney. They won 29 games. They actually made the NCAA's.

20 wins is like getting 7-8 wins in football. It's nothing to brag about.

The **** that tumbles out of your mouth.
Want to guess which teams feels worse. Spartans or gators. Imagine winning almost 30 games, winning the BIG10 tournament and LOSING to
podunk U. You think we underperformed this year? We just could not shoot worth a sh#t. We played hard most of the year and played good Def. Mich State has lots of 4 5 star players and the reg season meant absolutely nothing. They lost to nobody.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Rex I understand your football problem. We are the Fla gators. SOS made that a real thing to believe in and Urb did too. Even Donovan caused gator basketball to be respected. But you got a new coach this year with players he DID not recruit. They could not shoot last year and still shot poorly this year. He won more games and had them play harder most of the year. Coaches deserve to put their imprint on a team before boo birds show up to explain all their faults. Let me pose this. How do you improve the team he had. Bench the poor shooting guards. Practice more FTs. Tell them they cannot jack up threes. White may not be the next Billy or even come close but he is ours and now a gator and deserves a chance.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The games have been nothing short of spectacular. I'm leading my bracket with 27 of 32 in round one and enjoying the hell out of the tournament.
This has been one of the funnest tournaments I've ever watched.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Rex I understand your football problem. We are the Fla gators. SOS made that a real thing to believe in and Urb did too. Even Donovan caused gator basketball to be respected. But you got a new coach this year with players he DID not recruit. They could not shoot last year and still shot poorly this year. He won more games and had them play harder most of the year. Coaches deserve to put their imprint on a team before boo birds show up to explain all their faults. Let me pose this. How do you improve the team he had. Bench the poor shooting guards. Practice more FTs. Tell them they cannot jack up threes. White may not be the next Billy or even come close but he is ours and now a gator and deserves a chance.
I myself has probably been a little too harsh on white. Getting caught up in the moment. That being said there were quite a few concerns about his coaching on the defensive side of the floor and his overall game planning defensively at times. But you have to give him a chance to recruit his own players. He was extremely late to the party for 16 kids because most pick their school at the end of the summer. By the end of the summer we should see what his 17 class is looking and that will ultimately tell us if he'll work out here.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But you have to give him a chance to recruit his own players. He was extremely late to the party for 16 kids because most pick their school at the end of the summer. By the end of the summer we should see what his 17 class is looking and that will ultimately tell us if he'll work out here.

Same bullshït was said with Muschump and how'd that turn out? Either the guy can coach or he can't. Either he can draw up a play or he can't. Either he knows how to manage the game or he doesn't. I was one of the most excited supporters heading into the season. I'm far from impressed. I think he's bit off more than he can chew. I think he's over his head and will have a really hard time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Same bullshït was said with Muschump and how'd that turn out? Either the guy can coach or he can't. Either he can draw up a play or he can't. Either he knows how to manage the game or he doesn't. I was one of the most excited supporters heading into the season. I'm far from impressed. I think he's bit off more than he can chew. I think he's over his head and will have a really hard time.
I'm not too impressed either but you can't fire a guy before his first recruiting class. I personally would like to have a new ad before we hire another coach because it will just be the same thing.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not too impressed either but you can't fire a guy before his first recruiting class. I personally would like to have a new ad before we hire another coach because it will just be the same thing.
:fistbump:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let me guess...you would STILL rather be MSU making history and losing in the NCAA Tourney than be the Gators who WON again on the road??!! MSU was embarrassed. We are still playing. Go Gators!!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Last night was nuts watching ATM come from behind to tie then take the win in OT. Watched clips where UNI won their conference championship on a last second shot, and their opening NCAA game on a last second shot, and then watching ATM play unbelievable at the end to get the win. Only SEC team left in the tourney, but should get bounced by OU. ATM had no business winning that game last night.

Great parity and exciting upsets this year. Despite not caring about any of the teams, it's still fun to watch.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It has been a fun tournament to watch at the very least.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is definitely the most enjoyable tournament I can remember (outside of the ones where UF won the title). There have been great upsets, great finishes and great shots.

The 3-pointer the guy from Wisconsin made to win the game last night was just ridiculous.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let me guess...you would STILL rather be MSU making history and losing in the NCAA Tourney than be the Gators who WON again on the road??!! MSU was embarrassed. We are still playing. Go Gators!!

Our coach has still never made the NCAAs. WHite is King of the NIT, which means he a forever bridesmaid. He needs to make the real tourney. I find it utterly hysterical that the pumpers would somehow turn MSU's loss into our gain.

Pathetic.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Our coach has still never made the NCAAs. WHite is King of the NIT, which means he a forever bridesmaid. He needs to make the real tourney. I find it utterly hysterical that the pumpers would somehow turn MSU's loss into our gain.

Pathetic.

You do realize Billy D never made the NIT in his 2 yrs at Marshall before coming to UF? And that he didn't make the NIT until his second year, nor the NCAA until his 3rd year?

You do realize Jonn Calipari didn't make the NIT until his 2nd year at UMass? And he didn't make the NCAA until his 4th year as a HC (again, at UMass)?

You do realize Tom Izzo's whole HC career has been at Mich St, and he made the NIT for his first 2 yrs before getting to the NCAA?

You do realize Bobby Knight went NIT only 4 of his 6 yrs at Army, and his first year at Indiana before making the NCAA? And his second year at Indiana they made the CCAT (I think that's the tournament Billy turned down his last season)?

You do realize Dean Smith didn't make any post season with UNC until his 6th year? They made NCAA then, and for 3 yrs straight before going NIT the next 4 out of 5 seasons?

You do realize Mike K made the NIT only in his 3rd of 5 years at Army? Then his first year at Duke was NIT followed by 2 seasons of no tournaments before reaching NCAA?

I know you're going to counter "That was Army and UMass...we are FLORIDA, DAMMIT" But my point to you is the greatest coaches didn't even have NCAA experience out of the gate, and not all of them were making NIT to start their careers. Besides, what do you say to coaches having experience as they get to the better programs of their career and NOT having out of the gate NCAA records to show for it? You want to counter with several of these coaches started way back when the NCAA field was smaller, less teams getting in...OK, then why, if the coaches are so good, were they not in NIT more? You can't argue the teams were weaker back then, nobody will buy it - but in the recent years Mike White has been making it to post season play consistently.

You do realize Mike White had not post season his first year as HC at LaTech, but got his team there for years 2-4 and got Florida there for his first year coaching in the program? And NONE of those have been one and done NIT experiences, correct? You realize he did that at LaTech....not a power program, correct?

I'm not saying Mike White is the answer, I'm just saying your full of sht when continuously criticizing his lack of NCAA appearances while he does better than many of those more well known names in Basketball Coaching history.

Forever a bridesmaid.....compared to these kings of the sport? Pathetic accusation.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't watch any of the night games. Had SFA in the sweet 16 and was not pleased with how that game ended.
The bottom right portion of my bracket is completely gone except VA. Who I have losing next round anyway.
Very frustrating, The fightin irish just cost me a good bit of cheese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator