Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
His current recruiting class is ranked #38, but you just keep on believin'!
AT OLE MISS...Would you go to Ole Miss? Hey but he did okay at FAU. Like Napier at U.LALA that's saying something.

I am not sold on anyone.

I'd give Kerwin or Jamey Chadwell a call.
I would not give up on Frost...but that's me. Many DID NOT want SOS back in the day. But he was a Gator and won.

I'd pay them $3-4Mil with HUGE bonus potentials...With 2-3yr contracts MAX...They would come.

You can criticize that all you want but look what we've gotten doing it y'alls way?

Last edited:

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
My money is on Kiffin.....not that I prefer the hire. I can see his pompous a$$ licking his chops at the opportunity to come to the flagship University of Florida. He seemed to really enjoy his time hanging out with the blond coeds while coaching at FAU...he would be in "Hog Heaven" being king ding a ling in Gainesville.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Word here in Nola (and 24/7) Lane has already pitched Florida to Arch Manning. Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m not an insider BUT I do believe Strict has his man already. Just my opinion

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Word here in Nola (and 24/7) Lane has already pitched Florida to Arch Manning. Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m not an insider BUT I do believe Strict has his man already. Just my opinion

or Miami ‍♂️

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
My money is on Kiffin.....not that I prefer the hire. I can see his pompous a$$ licking his chops at the opportunity to come to the flagship University of Florida. He seemed to really enjoy his time hanging out with the blond coeds while coaching at FAU...he would be in "Hog Heaven" being king ding a ling in Gainesville.

Still has his home in Boca

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I disagree on the recruiting - he won't half-ass it like Mullen. Also, he'd establish a Bama/UGA type infrastructure (he's not taking the job unless he gets the commitment from the UAA). If anything, he flames out in 4+ years and leaves the next guy the foundation for a winning program. The Harsin comparison makes no sense (completely different backgrounds, coaching trees, etc).

The other difference between Napier and Harsin is the region he's currently in and the name recognition because of his time at Alabama and what he's doing currently at UL. Harsin wasn't even the biggest name to come out of Boise in recent years.

Still no idea on how he'd do here, but I don't see that comparison.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
When you say in Nola...could you be more specific?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
In the three recruiting classes prior to Napier taking the ULL job they had 50+ signings - 0 five stars, 1 four star and 5 three star commits....in the three years since Napier took over they have had 60 commitments and 55 three stars. He's signed the best classes in ULL history (and his current class would become the highest ranked ever for the school).

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Who are you hearing at LSU? I was hearing Napier for LSU? ...also Kiffin but now more Napier?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Kiffin called Arch Manning to talk about coming with him to Florida, and Arch revealed that to someone who then betrayed his confidence? Do you really believe that?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If I hear one more person say we should give Mark Stoops a look I'm going to lose it. The guy resembles a 45k per year union rep that sweats in 30 degree weather and at his best looks like he slept in his clothes on the couch after tying one one. It's not even a pass for me. If we hired him, I would seriously consider disconnecting from the sport all together.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
In the three recruiting classes prior to Napier taking the ULL job they had 50+ signings - 0 five stars, 1 four star and 5 three star commits....in the three years since Napier took over they have had 60 commitments and 55 three stars. He's signed the best classes in ULL history (and his current class would become the highest ranked ever for the school).

So he has a huge talent edge against his competition then. How is he doing with the coaching side?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

To recruit at ULL is brutal. LA has less than 5 million people and from the time they start sucking mudbugs they are thinking LSU. There are also a lot of other schools here with decent (not great but not JUCO either) FB programs.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who are you hearing at LSU? I was hearing Napier for LSU? ...also Kiffin but now more Napier?

If you're hearing Napier to LSU, they're on at least choice #4 or 5. Their AD, arrogant or not, is going for the home run hire - which is why he's offered Riley, Fisher, & Tucker. Mark Stoops may even be higher on their list than Napier. They've also mentioned Rhule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator