Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can we really argue with this? I hate that it's true, but it is. Shart may not have won much yet, but he's built a machine.

True
But at the end of the day he is still Kirby Shart and he is capable of underachieving with any team regardless of the strength of the roster.

Florida can beat a mismanaged machine regularly with a coach that gives a da… about his job

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I was here long before your convict azzz. I choked your mom.
Are you trying to brag about finding an internet message board before somebody else did, dork? :facepalm:

I'm trying to figure out what you could've choked my Mom with, Chipmunk. :scratchhead: Your arm? Your leg? You already told us about your unfortunate micro-schween situation so we know it wasn't that.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Are you trying to brag about finding an internet message board before somebody else did, dork? :facepalm:

I'm trying to figure out what you could've choked my Mom with, Chipmunk. :scratchhead: Your arm? Your leg? You already told us about your unfortunate micro-schween situation so we know it wasn't that.

Not bragging at all, convict. That's your scam. Your mom was so sweet. Swallowed it all. Her only regret was you. ...that she didn't swallow.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
You'll figure it out, Liddy. You're so pathetic. Trying to be the big boy on message board/campus. Let me know when your balls drop. We'll celebrate.
You're right, I did figure it out. Sorry for not recognizing you earlier.

It turns out you have been here awhile, like you said. I checked the archives and found this old photo of you with Urg and Born.

1c7e4906272bb2b199cc475eed54a9c0.jpg

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
You're right, I did figure it out. Sorry for not recognizing you earlier.

It turns out you have been here awhile, like you said. I checked the archives and found this old photo of you with Urg and Born.

Convict, troll on. Be thankful I never posted your mom's pics here with her mouth full....hmmmmm the memories

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Convict, troll on. Be thankful I never posted your mom's pics here with her mouth full....hmmmmm the memories
Your Mom jokes are adorable -- and super creative! -- but let's be real. We both know that neither my mom nor anybody else's mom, nor anybody's daughter, sister, aunt, niece or grandmother, would EVER waste two seconds of their time with a Tiny Tot like you who drives a cute little RX-7. Beep beep!

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Your Mom jokes are adorable -- and super creative! -- but let's be real. We both know that neither my mom nor anybody else's mom, nor anybody's daughter, sister, aunt, niece or grandmother, would EVER waste two seconds of their time with a Tiny Tot like you who drives a cute little RX-7. Beep beep!

Convict, you are not cute. You're message board ugly and pathetic. That's for real. You add nothing to this board because you don't even know Gator history. Back in the day, Your mom couldn't wait for me to post. She got wet thinking about it. Your dad was just like you 2 inches and just as pathetic. He used to watch as I did her.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Convict, you are not cute. You're message board ugly and pathetic. That's for real. You add nothing to this board because you don't even know Gator history. Back in the day, Your mom couldn't wait for me to post. She got wet thinking about it. Your dad was just like you 2 inches and just as pathetic. He used to watch as I did her.
Ohhhh, no. Now I've gone and made you even more upset. :( It's causing you to be a little bit inconsistent, if you don't mind my saying.

For example, repeatedly calling ME a troll in the course of making about 37 consecutive "your mom" comments? Does that make any sense? Eh, I'm probably asking the wrong person, aren't I?

Anyway, I apologize once again for making you so irate, Tea Cup. As I'm sure you know I feel just awful about it.

:)

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Speaking of Dads, mine is not pleased with the Napier hire. I believe I have mentioned his theory about Saban assistants on this site before.

His theory is being tested this year by Jimbo Fisher and Kirby Smart, but Dad says nobody should ever hire a former Saban assistant because they are all dopes, by definition.

He says, Saban established his very specific way of doing things years ago, and it is so systematic that he could hire a staff of trained monkeys and still be successful.

So, knowing that all his assistants are eventually going to be hired as head coaches by virtue of their association with him, Saban deliberately hires retards. This way, he is gradually populating the whole rest of the league with retarded coaches who can never beat him.

You want to try telling Pops that this sounds like a cockamamie idea? Good luck. Saban is 4 points from being 25-0 against his former assistants.
I think your pops is right. Jimbo is Mullening at 8-4, 4th place in the West,

He's a 4 loss loser who is scamming those dumb hicks in College Station for 9 million a year guaranteed for the next decade or so.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
True
But at the end of the day he is still Kirby Shart and he is capable of underachieving with any team regardless of the strength of the roster.

Florida can beat a mismanaged machine regularly with a coach that gives a da… about his job
It’s not just about coaching. Even Shart can win when his roster is that much better than everyone else’s. And guess who has the #1 class heading into early NSD?
He has definitely made a few boneheaded decisions over the years, but he’s getting better. Don’t forget that Ugly is his first HC job - ever. He was bound to make rookie mistakes, but I haven’t seen him make the same mistake twice.
And don’t kid yourself that it’s a mismanaged machine. I wish it were, but it’s not.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
I sat behind some students who had a big box of oranges. I asked if I could have one to eat. They said no they were for throwing when miami takes the field. I said even better. We all threw oranges, mine hit schnellenberger and got high fives all around from the students (I was about 8yrs old at the time and was proud). Security came up and threw all them out and left me there because I was a kid. They laughed on the way out but didnt snitch. It was a great day.

I was there as a freshman and it was supposed to be tangerines as we were expected to be invited to play in The Tangerine Bowl after going 0-10-1 the year before and being picked to go 0-11 that year. (Actually chosen to be the worst team in the nation in Penthouse’s Preseason Bottom 20). We were going to throw them on the field after the game but we’re getting our asses kicked so badly some decided to start the party early. Once it started everything started flying. Students were ripping the paper fans of the Gator Fan and winging them like frisbees towards the UM bench (one lodged between the face mask and helmet of a UM player) and there were reports of road apples being tossed, though I never saw that.

The best though was after the game a buddy of mine went after Sebastian as he was bounding around with glee at midfield, long after the game was over. Took him down with a flying tackle at the 50. Thought for sure he was going to jail but the cops brought him back to where we were enjoying our cigars and told us to get him out of there. When we asked him what happened he said the bird didn’t want to press charges! :bwahaha:

Not our finest moment but a lot of frustration got released that day! I think that’s the year Jim Kelly showed up to the pregame PC wearing a “Gators eat boogers” t-shirt which added fuel to the fire for sure..

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Some interesting insight. Napier turned down Mississippi State because they didn't have the resources he wanted. He turned down Auburn because the coach there is controlled by the boosters. He did NOT want the LSU job because there are investigations going on all over that place, including federal crimes that were committed (which may also explain why Riley didn't want it).

It's reiterated that Napier wouldn't take the job unless he was promised the resources he needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.