7.6 Million a Year

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All in all is the statement true? Or do you think either Muskchump or McStain was better?

Everyone is entitled to their value system.

Mullens floor is higher, but his ceiling is possibly lower. And they are both garbage. After a decade as a head coach he is who he is.

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullens floor is higher, but his ceiling is possibly lower. And they are both garbage. After a decade as a head coach he is who he is.
You are correct except I think he regressed this year. He may have started losing his testosterone the end of last year though.

I was very disappointed we started Mullen at 4MM so I’m even more today but I still prefer him over the other two but it’s time to move on. The price tag is too high.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are correct except I think he regressed this year. He may have started losing his testosterone the end of last year though.

I was very disappointed we started Mullen at 4MM so I’m even more today but I still prefer him over the other two but it’s time to move on. The price tag is too high.
This is more his team than the previous three at UF. These are his players and his staff. He is regressing because of his own issues.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He did better with them than butters.
Did he? In his two full seasons ****tard Butters made the SEC Championship game. I think your man crush on Mullen is showing. In butters two full seasons he had a 2 loss and a three loss regular season (cannot count sec championship game since mullen didn't make those). Which is the same outputs his mullens first two seasons. Now I do think butters is a worse coach, but the W/L are the same (butters had a game removed by hurricane in year 2)

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did he? In his two full seasons ****tard Butters made the SEC Championship game. I think your man crush on Mullen is showing. In butters two full seasons he had a 2 loss and a three loss regular season (cannot count sec championship game since mullen didn't make those). Which is the same outputs his mullens first two seasons. Now I do think butters is a worse coach, but the W/L are the same (butters had a game removed by hurricane in year 2)
Are you speaking of butters 1st seasons? Was that not Muskchump’s people? Those were ugly East wins. Embarrassed in the sec championship games.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are you speaking of butters 1st seasons? Was that not Muskchump’s people? Those were ugly East wins. Embarrassed in the sec championship games.

So you are comparing Mullens with talent that butters didn't coach a full season with? Augusta, wipe your chin, mullen filled your mouth. I guess we have to add you to the list of mullenites that celebrate mediocrity.

I love how you say the sec east was weak then, but not that it is still weak now. Almost so weak it would be equivalent to your argument for mullens.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Zooker, Muschamp, and even Mac never lost to UK yet Mullen has now lost twice in 4 tries
Don't forget he was about to lose 2 years in a row to kintuck when a freak injury to Giraffe Boy forced Numbnuts to play Trask, who saved his sorry ass.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just a simpleton Gators fan hoping and wanting to win, that is all. Now like I have said before that we almost have to root for a lot of losses so we can get rid of Mullen so it has already began with us being 3-5 in our last 8 games. MW too, have to have a crap basketball season to get rid of him too and that is coming.

The bar has been lowered to the point where MW would have to have multiple awful seasons before a change would be made.
The part you have to accept is that neither of these guys is going anywhere for years. The new gator standard.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The bar has been lowered to the point where MW would have to have multiple awful seasons before a change would be made.
The part you have to accept is that neither of these guys is going anywhere for years. The new gator standard.
Butters is only gone because he questioned management's commitment to football a month after getting his raise. Think about that, that ****head would be roaming your sidelines another couple of seasons if he didn't say that on a live mic. We just got to wait for mullens to continue to butters in front of the mic.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What happened to the "Gator Standard"? You don't hear that much anymore. When you make that much money, you should produce with the resources you have here. There's no excuse. We are not UT or even UGa. We have better resources than both of them when you consider the recruiting territory that we should dominate and don't because of this dork.

Mullen says it many times nearly every day to the team.
The problem is that the standard has changed dramatically.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So you are comparing Mullens with talent that butters didn't coach a full season with? Augusta, wipe your chin, mullen filled your mouth. I guess we have to add you to the list of mullenites that celebrate mediocrity.

I love how you say the sec east was weak then, but not that it is still weak now. Almost so weak it would be equivalent to your argument for mullens.
Alright Donk Jr. You are inventing things. Did not say anything to the effect that the east is not weak today.

Did GA or anyone like GA exist in the east during Butters time? We were it. Substitute Butters for Kirby for somewhat analogous situation. That was it. Don’t read anymore in to it.

I understood you to say Butters performance was equivalent to Dan. Butters inherited an out of whack but with some talent roster from Chump. Dan received a worse roster and made it better primarily via being in shape and fundamentals, but I will also include having a complete roster. We have some big bodies now. That’s my statement.

For the record, my position is it is time for Dan to move on. He’s done what he was going to do. Right the ship after the butters failure. I would not have given him a raise or an extension even though last year was more exciting than I’ve seen in a long time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alright Donk Jr. You are inventing things. Did not say anything to the effect that the east is not weak today.

But you made sure not to mention it. That is the same. It is providing a lack of equivalence which allows a false narrative. Which you had no problem with.

Did GA or anyone like GA exist in the east during Butters time? We were it. Substitute Butters for Kirby for somewhat analogous situation. That was it. Don’t read anymore in to it.

Then just say that, but you didn't. Again, trying to steer the narrative.

I understood you to say Butters performance was equivalent to Dan. Butters inherited an out of whack but with some talent roster from Chump. Dan received a worse roster and made it better primarily via being in shape and fundamentals, but I will also include having a complete roster. We have some big bodies now. That’s my statement.

A worse roster? A roster filled with dudes that people are bragging about getting into the NFL. Just so we are clear the first of Mullen's recruits to be drafted was 2020. So the picks in the 2018 and 2019 were Butters recruits. So were most of the picks in the 2020 draft. The myth that the roster was bare is as incorrect as the roster was bare when Meyer left. Against false narrative.

For the record, my position is it is time for Dan to move on. He’s done what he was going to do. Right the ship after the butters failure. I would not have given him a raise or an extension even though last year was more exciting than I’ve seen in a long time.

Butters was a failure, and really so is Mullens. Honestly the last three coaches are all sides of the same shape. All have the same issues, and it's because our weak ass AD(s) preferred it that way. My issue isn't with your bland argument, it's with the false data and narratives you keep trying to suggest to make Mullen look better. Mullen's floor is higher, but he is the same type of fuchtard as the other two.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But you made sure not to mention it. That is the same. It is providing a lack of equivalence which allows a false narrative. Which you had no problem with.

Then just say that, but you didn't. Again, trying to steer the narrative.

A worse roster? A roster filled with dudes that people are bragging about getting into the NFL. Just so we are clear the first of Mullen's recruits to be drafted was 2020. So the picks in the 2018 and 2019 were Butters recruits. So were most of the picks in the 2020 draft. The myth that the roster was bare is as incorrect as the roster was bare when Meyer left. Against false narrative.

Butters was a failure, and really so is Mullens. Honestly the last three coaches are all sides of the same shape. All have the same issues, and it's because our weak ass AD(s) preferred it that way. My issue isn't with your bland argument, it's with the false data and narratives you keep trying to suggest to make Mullen look better. Mullen's floor is higher, but he is the same type of fuchtard as the other two.
TLDR
No you like to read into things.

My argument is against people that are now saying Dan is horrible when a couple weeks ago we were going to run the table etc.

I’m just keeping it real by saying he’s not as bad as the predecessors, and he stabilized the program and it’s trajectory…my position why he was hired…which can be debated/challenged. I have no proof just all other options were ruled out.

Anyone who thought he was going to win championships here were delusional. He’s a steady Eddie…a caretaker….and if another UK happens this year (team was not ready for the game) a poor one.

edit

Let me state it differently…Dan is not leaving us in worse shape than he arrived. The two before can’t say that.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish they could change his pay to $8 million a year, but he's fined $1 million for every loss. I bet that would motivate him to have better prep, get rid of dead weight assistants, give"relentless effort" in recruiting, and not look so stinking happy and smug after a loss.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLDR
No you like to read into things.

My argument is against people that are now saying Dan is horrible when a couple weeks ago we were going to run the table etc.

I never said he was gong to run the table, again changing the narrative. This is all that needs to be said, further false equivalency to fit the narrative. I have been very consistent in my view of his unprofessionalism... and this isn't the first time we have had that conversation.

I’m just keeping it real by saying he’s not as bad as the predecessors, and he stabilized the program and it’s trajectory…my position why he was hired…which can be debated/challenged. I have no proof just all other options were ruled out.

Anyone who thought he was going to win championships here were delusional. He’s a steady Eddie…a caretaker….and if another UK happens this year (team was not ready for the game) a poor one.

edit

Let me state it differently…Dan is not leaving us in worse shape than he arrived. The two before can’t say that.

Because of his steller recruiting? You do realize 1/4 of the first two recruiting classes under Mullen didn't make fall camp. He is a dude with a very solid floor, but he isn't a championship coach. The next coach will still need at least two top 5 classes before competing, because of his lack of recruiting.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I never said he was gong to run the table, again changing the narrative. This is all that needs to be said, further false equivalency to fit the narrative. I have been very consistent in my view of his unprofessionalism... and this isn't the first time we have had that conversation.

Because of his steller recruiting? You do realize 1/4 of the first two recruiting classes under Mullen didn't make fall camp. He is a dude with a very solid floor, but he isn't a championship coach. The next coach will still need at least two top 5 classes before competing, because of his lack of recruiting.
so far the players on the field from mullen vs mac have more or less indicated mac was the better cruiter, or at least recognized underrated kids better than mullen. Trask, pitts, toney, perine - mac brought them here.

danny brought us emory jones and did his level best to run off AR.

I dont want to hear anyone talk about him leaving the cupboard better than he found it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator