7.6 Million a Year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If i have to read one more retard on this board use the "but hes better than butterchump" .
The whole world is gin blurry to Augusta by noon every day and he honestly knows nothing about football. You could show him a screenshot and say circle the safeties and he couldnt, or tell me the defense we are playing, no chance.

He LITERALLY doesnt process any farther than "not yet 4-8". You are wasting your time talking to him about what is wrong with the team and roster.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I don’t know if I will. :) I generally have other things to do.

Actually this was the first game I watched … live and fully this year. I watched a condensed version of the AL game. Watched bits and pieces of the TN game.

No way in hades do I watch Mullen V Mizzou during deer season.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish they could change his pay to $8 million a year, but he's fined $1 million for every loss. I bet that would motivate him to have better prep, get rid of dead weight assistants, give"relentless effort" in recruiting, and not look so stinking happy and smug after a loss.

So you’re suggesting a pay for performance model similar to what many of us in the real world work with?
This contradicts the entire culture of an American university. Good luck selling realty in a college environment.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Well whatayouknow......

It would have been totally appropriate for Gator fans to offer this thanks to Mullen yesterday.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was saying this a few weeks back. Imagine if Mullen had done two things differently. One, hire a real DC from the beginning that could properly utilize the remaining defensive talent we had in 2019. And two, make the right call at QB in 2018 so that the next becomes Trask's second full season as a starter. That 2019 season could've been at least an SEC championship type year. The pieces, as incredible as it sounds, were there, and it was on off year for Saban too. That was our best chance at actually accomplishing something under Mullen, and two fairly obvious decisions derailed it.

I want to add one more big error/change that would have made a significant difference. Keeping Seider as RB coach instead of running him off and replacing him with Knox. Keeping our best recruiter (and only great recruiter) from the previous regime was needed but unfortunately blundered.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A "pay per win" system for college coaches would be so glorious. Can you imagine the cut-throat, no-holds-barred approaches coaches would take to win? Losses would outrage and depress them; their wives would be openly weeping in the stands. It would totally change the product for the better with the actual paying of their bills on the line.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The only glimmer of hope is AR but looking at our QB development thus far, not feeling good about that.
Its definitely not much more than a glimmer, largely because its unlikely he's here next year. Douchenozzle Dan isnt getting fired until sometime next season (hopefully by dwags) and EJ will be trotting out there as a guy who still cant execute the offense or make the throws despite 4 years of the system and all the QB whisperin that 7.6M can buy. Highly likely that AR is gone this spring.

And now to swat away the mullen apologists before they even start. No, saying "well trask didnt transfer" is not a rebuttal because its an apples/oranges comparison. Trask didnt transfer b/c he had nowhere to go but down, if even that. He was a sub 2* player out of HS. We wrestled his services away from Houston freaking Baptist. There wasn't a soul on planet earth outside of mac who was interested in him and since he hadnt played at all, that hadnt changed up until he was inserted to spell a broken giraffe. If he had attempted to transfer he never would have been heard from again because midwestern ohio a&t of nevada doesnt get any media coverage.

AR on the other hand could walk into any offense in the country and be the day 1 starter without even reviewing the playbook. Yes, even bama and clemson, hell ESPECIALLY clemson. And every HC out there is eyeballing him right now, make no mistake. He may be a gator, a good teammate, hell he may even like douchenozzle dan, but above all else he wants to play. And not playing is the motivation for transfer despite anything else, especially when you're not playing despite being light years better than the guy who is.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No one said worse. Just not marketly better. Sofla did a solid break down of that. We aren't recruiting better, we aren't game planning that much better. He had NFL talent when he walked in, and the program in the end is about the same when he leaves. He is a 2-4 loss coach. We are who he made us, which is basically the same team that Butters left us with. A team with pieces of NFL talented players, playing in a predictable system with poor coaching across the board not able to make the truly hard decisions and shots himself in the foot in front of the Mic when things aren't going well.
That was my statement to begin…never defended keeping him here beyond his four years. He’s done what he needed to do … stop the downward trend. Now let’s see if we can find someone who can move us forward.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Youre a fuchsing idiot and dont understand a thing about football. I doubt you understand much about anything else.

Pitts, Toney, Swain, Cleveland,, 2 functional QBs, (though Mullen made them worse by running the option) a trio of decent RBs and other receivers... I dont know why receivers would want to play under Butters but they signed anyway.

Literally the only thing on the roster that is better under Douchebag Dan is the "running back/ quarterback hybrid " position., which likely wont exist when we hire a normal coach with a functional offense.
Wait I swear I heard you say we are better on the lines with weight and performance?

We are talking about in reference to performance compared to the previous two coaches.

And you are still mad about being wrong on Trask. And we are much better to watch now than under McStain and Muskchump.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
3-5 in the last 8 games should instill fear into our remaining opponents. Where's Leonard when we need him?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wait I swear I heard you say we are better on the lines with weight and performance?
No, you didnt hear that. but you're not very astute so that doesn't surprise me.

I told you we've had a decent offensive line all along but the play calling made it impossible to look good with Trash running the option.

We are playing better on the defensive line because we're finally playing the actual guys with size, instead of making the guys with size sit on the bench while we played linebackers at DL.

as far as I recall the Kentucky game was the only game where we played for real defensive lineman since the fat dwag got here.

I know the world is very very blurry to you, but you're also confusing who left the lack of offensive line anyway. Meyer left like five or six offensive lineman and Chimp left I think four. shark was very inconsistent and took some really bad roster fillers, but his first 22 are probably more talented under Mullins. the problem areas have moved around a little bit. Mullins has no linebacker talent and Sharkie left no safety talent. Sharky on the other hand left far more playmakers.

with Mullins it's quarterback running the ball or bust. just like his entire career.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No, you didnt hear that. but you're not very astute so that doesn't surprise me.

I told you we've had a decent offensive line all along but the play calling made it impossible to look good with Trash running the option.

We are playing better on the defensive line because we're finally playing the actual guys with size, instead of making the guys with size sit on the bench while we played linebackers at DL.

as far as I recall the Kentucky game was the only game where we played for real defensive lineman since the fat dwag got here.
and the defense played pretty darn good considering the playcalling. more than well enough to win on the road. but mr offensive guru qb whisperer managed 13 points and a boatload of punts. 7.6 million boys...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
and the defense played pretty darn good considering the playcalling. more than well enough to win on the road. but mr offensive guru qb whisperer managed 13 points and a boatload of punts. 7.6 million boys...
It was my hell.

I was actually noticing, I think, but remember I couldn't PAUSE the game, four real DL, with Cox and Moon at OLB and the nickel sitting alot.

I know we've been told we can't play a base 4-3 anymore because of somethingorother but it worked reasonably well.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I know the world is very very blurry to you, but you're also confusing who left the lack of offensive line anyway. Meyer left like five or six offensive lineman and Chimp left I think four. shark was very inconsistent and took some really bad roster fillers, but his first 22 are probably more talented under Mullins. the problem areas have moved around a little bit. Mullins has no linebacker talent and Sharkie left no safety talent. Sharky on the other hand left far more playmakers.

with Mullins it's quarterback running the ball or bust. just like his entire career.
So how did Trask put up those numbers?

I get what you are saying but to say we are in worse shape overall and especially in trajectory I don’t see it.

Concerning the line that’s basically my recollection but my understanding Mullen has brought more meat/lbs on both sides and we are sitting with right numbers and shape. Maybe not the level of talent you or I for that matter would prefer, but it seems to be better balance and in better shape…mentally and physically.

Our ol play under McStain sucked horse ****. The performance improved dramatically under Dan from my perspective. Not great but it was horrible before … pick your reasoning.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
@AugustaGator, your argument is really just a moot point. We are better off since McElwain? No duh dumarse. Butters was 22-12 overall and 3-4 on the season when he finally got fired. Mullen now has us a as consistent 8-4. Oh yeah baby...Mullen got us back in it. Geebus your point is really dumb. Its like comparing two piles of steamy poop and determining one is better than the other because its got corn sprinkles.

But Mullen is poop with sprinkles.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AugustaGator, your argument is really just a moot point. We are better off since McElwain? No duh dumarse. Butters was 22-12 overall and 3-4 on the season when he finally got fired. Mullen now has us a as consistent 8-4. Oh yeah baby...Mullen got us back in it. Geebus your point is really dumb. Its like comparing two piles of steamy poop and determining one is better than the other because its got corn sprinkles.

But Mullen is poop with sprinkles.
Didn’t say otherwise. I’ve said multiple times I want someone better. I want an exciting offense to watch. I want to not be embarrassed by players illegal and girl beating nonsense.

The problem is with people reading into more than what I’ve said and others forgetting how bad it was(halo effect).

My point was Cousin Eddie is better than the before losers, the offense is more fun to watch and overall our roster including the fitness of players is better (nothing about stars).

People love stats so I say go look at total offense for the last 15 years and tell me. The best I can remember Eddie has improved where the others declined. And we have yet to have a 4 loss conference year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t say otherwise. I’ve said multiple times I want someone better. I want an exciting offense to watch. I want to not be embarrassed by players illegal and girl beating nonsense.

The problem is with people reading into more than what I’ve said and others forgetting how bad it was(halo effect).

My point was Cousin Eddie is better than the before losers, the offense is more fun to watch and overall our roster including the fitness of players is better (nothing about stars).

People love stats so I say go look at total offense for the last 15 years and tell me. The best I can remember Eddie has improved where the others declined. And we have yet to have a 4 loss conference year.
He just produced the worst defense in our history in 2020 while being the first coach in over 30 years to lose to Kentucky…not once but twice.
Yeah, the trajectory is looking good.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He just produced the worst defense in our history in 2020 while being the first coach in over 30 years to lose to Kentucky…not once but twice.
Yeah, the trajectory is looking good.
Compare best to best and worse to worse.

Didn’t hang my hat on defense but I did on offense.

where we started in 2011 to where we were in 2017 (trajectory) to where we are now, Our offense was horrible. We are better than 17, 18, and 19. 21 may fall to pieces and I’ll be eating crow, but I don’t see it happening though. I still see 9-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator