Aaron Hernandez found GUILTY

Dec 10, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n209596 said:
Divits, my next question was going to be any speculation as to any impact this verdict might have on the Gainesville shooting investigation

Not unless they can ID him, which was always the problem in the first place. I doubt anybody with him is going to come forward and change their testimony at this point. The only other possibility is if he used the same gun for the Boston shooting and GPD/ASO has ballistics they can match.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
02a3357d9455acae6e58446e79c5b959.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
"Aaron Hernandez had gotten away with everything, forever, perhaps even a couple of murders. A sucker punch back in 2007 at a University of Florida bar that left a bouncer with a ruptured eardrum ended with no one pressing charges because, well, it's a college town and he was a potential football star. An incident in 2007 where two men were shot in their car after a dispute with some Gator players, including a man described as a muscular, heavily tattooed "Hawaiian" who matched Hernandez's description, didn't go far either.
Up in Boston, as a New England Patriot, police knew Hernandez, back in 2012, was at the same club as a group who upon leaving were ambushed at a stop light, leaving two dead, one wounded. Hernandez wasn't considered a suspect because, why would one of Tom Brady's favorite targets be involved in that?
In February of 2013, the shooting of a friend right between the eyes after a night at a South Florida strip club, went nowhere because the friend wouldn't testify; he just wanted to sue Hernandez for some riches, figuring he'd get a settlement because he was present for the Boston drive-by.
This was the absurd life Hernandez lived at a million miles an hour. Failed drug tests in college meant nothing. In the pros, the NFL system was just too easy to beat. Fame earned him the benefit of doubt, and if that wasn't enough, the ability to make everyone money bought him silence."

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
UF is taking some heat. Between the moronic player tweets and Meyer's stellar reputation it does make me wonder if the environment back then fostered some bad seeds.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
First > GardnerWebb = very impressive mental retrieval, as well as funny as hell.
The negative side : there's Ray Lewis, OJ, Ray Carruth etc. I remember one CFB star player (Bama I think) who
was raised by his uncle and pushed-coached in Youth-football because his Dad was in prison for murder. Too
many of these players grow up immersed in a societal group where the police (law & order) are who they
do not co-operate with.

The positive side : We have no way of knowing how many of these have their "energy" properly channeled
by sport and select a new societal "norm" for their surroundings and think & do good.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As to Hernandez, he'll muscle-up with the weights and become leader of his prison-pack and stay on his same track.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
divits;n209591 said:
So, is there anyone here who still doesn't believe that Hernandez was the ""Hawaiian" or "Hispanic" male who had a large, muscular build, stood about 6-foot-3 or 6-4, weighed about 230 or 240 pounds and had a lot of tattoos who was with Reggie Nelson" that shot those two guys in Gainesville?

shakes roster dice....

Clay Burton?
Not bright enough. Would have ran wrong route and ended up at Steak'n'Shake.

shakes again ...

Jeff Driskel?
Nope. Not "Hawiian" enough, and we know how he would be if it was an aiming situation, he would have shot the dirt, or shot Reggie Nelson.

shakes again...

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n209874 said:
First > GardnerWebb = very impressive mental retrieval, as well as funny as hell.
The negative side : there's Ray Lewis, OJ, Ray Carruth etc. I remember one CFB star player (Bama I think) who
was raised by his uncle and pushed-coached in Youth-football because his Dad was in prison for murder. Too
many of these players grow up immersed in a societal group where the police (law & order) are who they
do not co-operate with.

The positive side : We have no way of knowing how many of these have their "energy" properly channeled
by sport and select a new societal "norm" for their surroundings and think & do good.
It doesn't help when stuff like this is going on in the community, and children are taught in schools to hero-worship cop-killers:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I feel disgusted and a little guilty over the whole thing. Are people dead because this guy was given a pass for fuking attempted murder, all while we were cheering him on? This is a major "embarrassment" (obviously not strong enough of a word) for Urban, Belichick and UF.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n210071 said:
I feel disgusted and a little guilty over the whole thing. Are people dead because this guy was given a pass for fuking attempted murder, all while we were cheering him on? This is a major "embarrassment" (obviously not strong enough of a word) for Urban, Belichick and UF.
I think it's healthy to feel disgusted and a little dirty. You said it best that we were cheering him on and rooting for him, which sucks. But you have nothing to feel guilty about. You didn't know he may have been involved in a murder and it's highly likely Meyer didn't either.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
lagator;n210071 said:

I don't think so. As I've acknowledged, we had some behavior issues under Meyer. But around the same time as the event took place in Gville, we were allowing stories like Wilson, Hornsby and James to become major headlines and doled out punishments accordingly including dismissals in 2 of those 3 cases.

There obviously wasn't enough evidence to pursue things, and that's probably still true. Now, in hindsight, do I doubt it was Hernandez? No. But that's because of what we know at present. Look at how many thought that this case--which featured multiple videos of the night, the "mystery trash" being tossed, cameras and phones being destroyed, and DNA evidence putting him at the scene--wasn't enough for a conviction. What are the police (or UF for that matter) supposed to do with a claim about a bigger, tattooed "Hawaiian" guy possibly shooting someone?

Again, remove all of what we know about Hernandez now. Based on the knowledge we had at that point, what team in their right mind suspends or dismisses a player based on that very weak "evidence". It sucks that it happened, but it should not reflect poorly upon UF, or even Meyer.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
PastyStoole;n210058 said:
It doesn't help when stuff like this is going on in the community, and children are taught in schools to hero-worship cop-killers:

The worst part is that even those in the legal community that felt AH would skate, did so based on the lack of a murder weapon, not because there wasn't sufficient evidence that pointed to him being a killer. So at best it was a technicality that would enable him to walk. It's almost as if these former players feel like he should be free, not because he didn't do it, but because the state didn't have the one thing it needed to make it a slam dunk. That's disturbing to say the least.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n210071 said:
I have trouble overlooking this. I don't know how you get a report that the guy riding with RFN shot two people and the description is.... AH, and AH, RFN, and the Pounceys were together in the club that night just before it happened. Police want to talk to them all. You have to go straight up Paterno to get that report and write it off in some way. To be fair to Creyer, he kicked several guys who weren't starters off the team.

AH was as juvenile at the time of the Gainesville shooting and, of course, at the time of the ones he was rumored to have done in Connecticut before he came to Hogtowne.

He's a sociopath, I believe. There's little doubt in my mind that he would have killed (again?) anyway.

I also disagree with these opinions that he will be miserable in prison because of all he gave up. This was always the life he was destined for. This is the life he preferred. Even with millions in his pocket, he couldn't pass up the street thug life. It was all he knew. Prison was always his destination.

Frankly, I think he'll fit in fine. He won't be a punk. He'll be leading the block unless someone shanks him.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't it common knowledge that Meyer didn't want Hernandez returning home at breaks because of the crowd he carried?

It is ignorant to think Meyer, who was a known micro manager, did not know AHern was a trouble maker. He was our leading receiver in 08 or 09? Tebow was his roomie on purpose.

Something stinks here...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
soflagator;n210103 said:
I don't think so. As I've acknowledged, we had some behavior issues under Meyer. But around the same time as the event took place in Gville, we were allowing stories like Wilson, Hornsby and James to become major headlines and doled out punishments accordingly including dismissals in 2 of those 3 cases.

There obviously wasn't enough evidence to pursue things, and that's probably still true. Now, in hindsight, do I doubt it was Hernandez? No. But that's because of what we know at present. Look at how many thought that this case--which featured multiple videos of the night, the "mystery trash" being tossed, cameras and phones being destroyed, and DNA evidence putting him at the scene--wasn't enough for a conviction. What are the police (or UF for that matter) supposed to do with a claim about a bigger, tattooed "Hawaiian" guy possibly shooting someone?

Again, remove all of what we know about Hernandez now. Based on the knowledge we had at that point, what team in their right mind suspends or dismisses a player based on that very weak "evidence". It sucks that it happened, but it should not reflect poorly upon UF, or even Meyer.
Agree, there apparently wasn't enough evidence, but the victims themselves were eyewitnesses and as has been pointed out in this thread, even at the time there was some suspicion that UF players may have been involved. At the very least the GPD didn't do their jobs well enough or conduct an adequate investigation. Did the UAA or Meyer have any knowledge about the incident and suspicion that Hernandez may have been involved? I don't know, but I think it's fair to at least consider that they may have.

Edit: Law put it better with the details. I agree with him that it seems more likely than not that people close to Hernandez including those in positions of authority knew he was likely the perp and it was not pursued adequately. This, indirectly at least, led to more people being shot most of whom died.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n210022 said:
shakes roster dice....

Clay Burton?
Not bright enough. Would have ran wrong route and ended up at Steak'n'Shake.

shakes again ...

Jeff Driskel?
Nope. Not "Hawiian" enough, and we know how he would be if it was an aiming situation, he would have shot the dirt, or shot Reggie Nelson.

shakes again...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He'll win his appeal and the justice system will finally get this right. I'm more worried about the 2 game suspension Goodell handed down.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n210266 said:
He'll win his appeal and the justice system will finally get this right. I'm more worried about the 2 game suspension Goodell handed down.

Seriously? He has killed multiple persons. He shot at least 2 people in Florida.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n210270 said:
Seriously? He has killed multiple persons. He shot at least 2 people in Florida.
Too soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.