"Administrative problem" caused the two early TO's vs. UGA?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can only remember one single poster supporting Knox over Seider. He stated that Seider was undermining Mullen behind the scenes and had to go. It was untrue and everyone else was all in on Seider.
I seriously can't remember anything like that.

You guys put way to much effort into a message board.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So I look at it like this: what would Meyer/Spurrier do at this point in a case like this? There would be head(s) rolling, offices cleaned out and family pets names put on a list. It’s really that simple. Demand excellence in addition to just relentless effort, or the latter becomes a waste.
Welll... Urban did fire Billy G.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure. It’s amazing what one loss can change. I see littthjngs that tell me he’s not content to be what you just described. I reference his opening press conference where he have himself not wiggle room on expectations. This isn’t a “broken program” or criticizing the facilities issue like we saw with the last two. He wants to win. Maybe he doesn’t have it. I just shake my head at the idea that someone like Swinney or even Fisher are that much better than him, and they’ve win titles. But as I said, games like Saturday hurt my argument.
I don't remember Urban crowing about more victories after a close (but not really close at all) loss.

Mullins had proudly declared 7 point loss about 100 times now and his nutswingers have it on repeat.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I So yes, we are not as cheap as many of us make it seem. So to be more precise, we do spend some money, just VERY poorly. So I guess that qualifies also as a type of "administrative" problem.
Yeah, even on their coaching hires, they were at one point paying three HC and paying about 6 mil a year more than Bammer pays Saban.

Saving money costs a ton.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Like blocking your content so people cant use it against you?
What the hell are you talking about? I certainly wasn't one supporting firing Seider.

And I don't know what you mean about blocking content. Your search doesn't work?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There were plenty of people who gave a downvote and defended him bringing in his buddies. The old, "I trust the coaches..." mantra, "He's bringing in coaches he trusts..." All that BS.
The same mindless, clueless morons.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
That's pretty squarely on whoever is in charge of handing out the wristbands before the game. I'm sure they change them throughout the game and there was some miscommunication there.

Miscommunication on the wristbands BEFORE the game is inexcusable. I would like to think Mullen would have some sort of review before the game that wouldn’t take more than 45 seconds to make sure the offense was on the same page but apparently he didn’t. After all, he is the head offensive guy. This falls squarely on Dan.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I think they would. We’ll never be the trend setters but I don’t think we’re as cheap as some would have you believe.

:bwahaha: Oh no, we’re pretty freaking cheap. I’ll grant you not as bad as we were in 2015 but we’re still cheap. Believe it or not, Gruden actually helped us loosen up our purse strings, at least a little bit. If you recall from the story I broke here at GCMB, one of the sticking points when Gruden and Foley met secretly at Brad Culpepper’s House was the assistant salary pool. Gruden wanted more than Foley would offer so the negotiations broke off but I think that may have gotten Foley to come off the dime even if only an extra couple thousand bucks. Here’s the link to the story, you can read about what happened.

Foley and Jon Gruden are in negotiations

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I totally agree...it was laughable to think we’d ever land Gruden when Foley offered him $1 million per year salary and a couple of books of S&H Green Stamps as a signing bonus.
Hilarious that some thought you were even slightly serious.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Hilarious that some thought you were even slightly serious.

Shhhh, don’t say anything... :lol:

For what it’s worth, I posted the same thread simultaneously on the old board and some of the responses there were so over the top it made the people here look like the biggest skeptics ever. :lol:

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That’s our 10-win forever Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics