"Administrative problem" caused the two early TO's vs. UGA?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
JFC man.....you can’t hold Mullen accountable for the CF that was the Chimp and Shark boy years....

I’m not. I will hold him accountable for his tenure and if it takes him 8-10 years to win a NC (the timeframe referenced by the other poster), I will find that to be an unacceptably long time.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Winning one in the next 8-10 years is 2027 to 2029 which is more like the Lost Two Decades. Even if we win one within your revised timeframe of 2023-2024, that’s still a lost 15 years. That’s unacceptable to me.

Lol, I have much lower expectations. Dan hasn't won his division in 10 years as a head coach. We'd be lucky if we won the east by 2022/2023.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Lol, I have much lower expectations. Dan hasn't won his division in 10 years as a head coach. We'd be lucky if we won the east by 2022/2023.
Yeah. We aren't winning any NC's anytime soon. We can't even sniff the SEC title.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This was my first "what have we gotten ourselves into" moment with Mullen.
How do you troll Georgia all year then act like its nothing special when the game gets here. Not to mention going through our normal routine of putting the pads on 20 minutes before game time, after all the warmups are over while Georgia is thudding, getting ready for a physical game while we dress.

This post needs more likes. Agree 1000%. Mullen and Co act like UGA is a big game the rest of the year but not game week? There's some kind of disconnect or they are trying to shield the player's psyche or something. It doesn't make sense. Super disappointed with Mullen right now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Seriously. I can't think of ever reading a comment that was ok with letting Seider go.

It wasn't just Seider. Forget about him for a minute and focus on the MSU assistants he brought with him. He brought in 6 of 9 assistants from MSU (Sunseri, Brian Johnson, and Warren were not w/ him at MSU - and Brian Johnson was one of his former players who he had a good previous relationship). The comments were mostly, "He's bringing in guys he trusts..." in defense of making UF the MSU of the East.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This was my first "what have we gotten ourselves into" moment with Mullen.
How do you troll Georgia all year then act like its nothing special when the game gets here.

Not to mention going through our normal routine of putting the pads on 20 minutes before game time, after all the warmups are over while Georgia is thudding, getting ready for a physical game while we dress.

I wasn't at the game and this is the first I've heard about this. What's the story here? We were running around in t-shirts while UGA was in full pads prepping for the start of the game?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen: Get your F ing guys in line and get this thing straight! Get some real recruiters in and get some top recruits in. We have to be top 5 or bust. It all starts now!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Mullen: Get your F ing guys in line and get this thing straight! Get some real recruiters in and get some top recruits in. We have to be top 5 or bust. It all starts now!

@Jbossgator8 , wow did you really write this? I am shocked but congrats and I applaud your view. However I want to issue one word of caution. you are correct, but to get your Fing guys in line, you yourself must be ultra attentive and in line yourself. But I congratulate your new found vision.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I think this is true. For example, I like going to the baseball games but we are dropping 100M (guessing after all said and done) on a new baseball stadium that is totally not needed. We dropped what 200M+ on the worn out O'Dome. Granted it houses numerous sports, but gymnastics is the only sport there that routinely sells out. Heck Men's BBall barely draws flies so they reduced seating as part of the makeover. Meanwhile we have a football stadium and related football facilities that need attention like 20 years ago, yet when it comes to that all we get is crickets. So yes, we are not as cheap as many of us make it seem. So to be more precise, we do spend some money, just VERY poorly. So I guess that qualifies also as a type of "administrative" problem.

JHFC :headslap:

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017

I agree 100% that the whole team sucked in the UGAly game. But the offense played LSU close in that game, with outstanding play-calling and execution. As a result, the Gators barely moved in the polls despite the loss. That’s the biggest reason the Gators are still in the top 10. If the loss to LSU had been similarly ugly to the Dwags game, the Gators would be in the upper teens in the polls, rather than top 10.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's so funny to read TOS. There are more posters mad at Dooley for reporting it than at our coaching staff for the huge blunder. The jokers over there prefer that Dooley not air our dirty laundry. Rainbows and puppy dogs. Everything is fine.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's so funny to read TOS. There are more posters mad at Dooley for reporting it than at our coaching staff for the huge blunder. The jokers over there prefer that Dooley not air our dirty laundry. Rainbows and puppy dogs. Everything is fine.

Swampgas? That place is a joke!

Deathroll

Dec 28, 2014
I find it a bit laughable that virtually every poster here degrades Dooley as clueless yet immediately jump on his bandwagon as gospel when it suits their stance. There were more "emotional" words between Mullen and Billy G than just the exchange caught on TV. It seems that every time we had a major screw up via penalty or alignment it was most likely one of the receivers. So, I gotta believe if anyone laid an egg here it was Billy G and Mullen's level of frustration finally got the best of him. I certainly don't expect the head coach (Maybe Willllieee) to go around checking wristbands. I also wouldn't expect Mullen to throw that person under the bus in the post game presser. I think he artfully dodged the issue not for his own sake but to avoid publicly ridiculing whoever may have been responsible. Had he done that everyone on here would be criticizing him for blaming the loss on someone other than himself.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I find it a bit laughable that virtually every poster here degrades Dooley as clueless yet immediately jump on his bandwagon as gospel when it suits their stance. There were more "emotional" words between Mullen and Billy G than just the exchange caught on TV. It seems that every time we had a major screw up via penalty or alignment it was most likely one of the receivers. So, I gotta believe if anyone laid an egg here it was Billy G and Mullen's level of frustration finally got the best of him. I certainly don't expect the head coach (Maybe Willllieee) to go around checking wristbands. I also wouldn't expect Mullen to throw that person under the bus in the post game presser. I think he artfully dodged the issue not for his own sake but to avoid publicly ridiculing whoever may have been responsible. Had he done that everyone on here would be criticizing him for blaming the loss on someone other than himself.

Dooley repeated what a caller into his show had to say....

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Top 6 overall or in the SEC? Because we ain't landing a top 6 overall class. That's reserved for: Clemson, Alabama, LSU, UGA, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Auburn, Michigan, Texas, etc....

Sorry I was unclear. Top 6 in the American. If he rolls up his sleeves, I'm sure he can land a better class than Navy and Tulane. :rolleyes3:

Of course top 6 in the country. We are friggin Florida, fer cryin' out loud. Literally, we do not have to leave our state and we still have proximate access to the best talent in the country. We are the preeminent university in Florida with the best academics, best conference affiliation, and best stadium. We have compelling rivals. We have an excellent recent history to sell with the SOS and CUM eras (though admittedly little before or after them). The trophy case has 3 natties and 8 SECs. Our record of getting kids to the NFL is among the best.

And before you pipe up with the facilities argument, let me agree. And that is why I will expect top 3 class rankings after our facilities catch up.

I will reiterate. I did not want Mullen. In fact, when he was announced I spent two weeks neck deep in swings between violent temper tantrums and bedridden depression. That said, he has greatly exceeded my expectations thus far. Especially when compared to the last 2 jackasses. And most especially when compared to the other HCs that were hired when he was (talking to you, Chip, Tagglewain and Frosty McCornsucker).

He needs to take the class currently ranked 10th and slide up a few slots by closing hard (DT, ILBs and safeties would be just dandy). Then he needs to keep all the signees in the fold. No rapist QBs or pussy Calif. primadonna DBs that want their mommies. Then, after the class is signed, sealed and delivered, he needs to spend some time with SOS and develop a vertical passing attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.