Anthony Richardson

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to ask that question. Who thinks AR doesn't come back next year? And I think that decision may have an emotional component as well as a financial component.
He's a projected 1st round pick. Even after the usf game he was being mocked late 1st round. I don't see him coming back if he continues to play like he did Saturday .

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's a projected 1st round pick. Even after the usf game he was being mocked late 1st round. I don't see him coming back if he continues to play like he did Saturday .
The UK game moved him from top 5-10 to late first, and I don't think that changes. He can wait a year, potentially be top 5 again, and earn a lot more money. Plus, he basically lost the opportunity to earn some hardware for himself and the team this year. That may be more motivation for him to come back.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The UK game moved him from top 5-10 to late first, and I don't think that changes. He can wait a year, potentially be top 5 again, and earn a lot more money. Plus, he basically lost the opportunity to earn some hardware for himself and the team this year. That may be more motivation for him to come back.
We could be really loaded on offense next year. Taking a joe Burrow like leap is possible. And it would probably be better for his career long term.But it's just hard to imagine him not jumping back into early 1st round if he finishes this year strong. Either way, if he does leave because he's gonna be a high draft pick, we'll be the top destination for a qb transfer.

Last edited:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018

Personally, when I hear Anthony Richardson talking, it doesn't instill confidence in him. I didn't like that quick interview they showed before the game on Saturday, where he answered a series of questions starting with his favorite color (black). He seemed soft and emotional, not tough.

I hope his game continues to improve because I have a feeling he'll be back next year, unless he transfers to a different school. I don't think the NFL scouts will consider him mentally ready enough for the NFL to slot him in as a high first round pick.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I was going to ask that question. Who thinks AR doesn't come back next year? And I think that decision may have an emotional component as well as a financial component.
I would be surprised if he comes back. I think his mind is already in the no fun league. The question is, will his draft position force him to sober up and stay for another year?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Before NIL, I think he'd be gone for sure. Now knowing he could still make a damn good living coming back, he might give us another year.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Personally, when I hear Anthony Richardson talking, it doesn't instill confidence in him. I didn't like that quick interview they showed before the game on Saturday, where he answered a series of questions starting with his favorite color (black). He seemed soft and emotional, not tough.

I hope his game continues to improve because I have a feeling he'll be back next year, unless he transfers to a different school. I don't think the NFL scouts will consider him mentally ready enough for the NFL to slot him in as a high first round pick.
No doubts on his internal confidence level after Saturday’s game. Really he’s just a product of his weird generation.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
His favorite color is black. :rolleyes3:

giphy.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I see him coming back next year and NIL should help him hold off the NFL for one more season. This is the year he gets it figured out. Next year he has all this talent returning and with new WR's. Should allow him to boost his NFL stock and pick up some hardware. And most of all I am sure he'd enjoy another year with UF.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody talking about AR going in the first round of the NFL draft is high on very strong hallucinogenic drugs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody talking about AR going in the first round of the NFL draft is high on very strong hallucinogenic drugs.
You are totally clueless on this, as you know zero about the NFL. Have you seen the asshats that have been going in the first round of the NFL draft the last decade? The 49ers gave up half their draft picks for the next ten years to trade up for Trey Lance last year, who has half the talent AR has. He played at friggin' North Dakota State and faced high school teams in college. Not surprisingly, he's been an injury-prone bust so far.

Justin Fields also went in the first round, and he has the IQ of a tomato. He's also been a bust. AR is smarter, faster, stronger, and has a better arm than Fields.

Zach Wilson went in the top 5 last year as well - total bust so far.

The Packers chose Jordan Freaking Love out of Utah State in the first round two years ago - he may not even be good enough to be a backup QB, the Pack are going to cut his dumb ass.

Daniel Jones was the 6th pick in the draft; the late Dwayne Haskins went 15th.

That AWFUL QB for Kentucky, who fumbled the game away yesterday, is actually being mentioned as the FIRST PICK in the draft next season. Can you imagine that?

The NFL is extraordinarily desperate for quarterbacks. I think if AR never played another down he might go in the first round next year. These coaches fumble all over themselves for potential, and think they can harness it. They are almost always wrong. Maybe 1 in 10 first round NFL QB's actually pan out.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are totally clueless on this, as you know zero about the NFL. Have you seen the asshats that have been going in the first round of the NFL draft the last decade? The 49ers gave up half their draft picks for the next ten years to trade up for Trey Lance last year, who has half the talent AR has. He played at friggin' North Dakota State and faced high school teams in college. Not surprisingly, he's been an injury-prone bust so far.

Justin Fields also went in the first round, and he has the IQ of a tomato. He's also been a bust. AR is smarter, faster, stronger, and has a better arm than Fields.

Zach Wilson went in the top 5 last year as well - total bust so far.

The Packers chose Jordan Freaking Love out of Utah State in the first round two years ago - he may not even be good enough to be a backup QB, the Pack are going to cut his dumb ass.

Daniel Jones was the 6th pick in the draft; the late Dwayne Haskins went 15th.

That AWFUL QB for Kentucky, who fumbled the game away yesterday, is actually being mentioned as the FIRST PICK in the draft next season. Can you imagine that?

The NFL is extraordinarily desperate for quarterbacks. I think if AR never played another down he might go in the first round next year. These coaches fumble all over themselves for potential, and think they can harness it. They are almost always wrong. Maybe 1 in 10 first round NFL QB's actually pan out.
You want to bet a hundred bucks?

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I think he will have a much longer career in the NFL if he comes back next year. The difference in talent and speed is huge. It is very hard to make that transition unless you are on top of your game. He has huge potential but we are almost halfway through the season and he has more picks than touchdowns. I don't want people comparing him to Jamarcus Russell

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I wish him well in the NFL as soon as possible. Any chance an NFL team can pick him up this week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.