Anthony Richardson

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
View attachment 48455

I believe that was Miami's ONE loss that year when they won the National Championship. That is if my memory serves me correctly.
Close! This was in 1982. Miami was in contention for a NC till Jim Kelly suffered a separated shoulder. Miami was handed their only loss to UF by a score of 28-3 in 83. Should have beaten the Dwags that year.

Back to Anthony Richardson.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Let’s not forget Dak sat on the bench. And at one point AR was dismissed as a recruit in favor of Carson Beck, who’s currently 4th string at uga.

When it comes to QB(and RB) instincts, he is the Costanza of coaches.
And at least George had the insight to realize his instincts were always wrong so went with the opposite philosophy.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Close! This was in 1982. Miami was in contention for a NC till Jim Kelly suffered a separated shoulder. Miami was handed their only loss to UF by a score of 28-3 in 83. Should have beaten the Dwags that year.

Back to Anthony Richardson.

Looks like Timmy is feeling the vibe like the rest of us....

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Didn’t listen but could he be taking more of a shot at our crappy WR room and not AR? If he is…that’s not untrue. The strength of our team is running. Our WR group is horrid
No
If we have to throw the ball 30 plus times then we are playing from behind. Our run game, plus AR, should be enough to control any game we play this year. Except maybe UGA. I think this is the point Doering was trying to make.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No
If we have to throw the ball 30 plus times then we are playing from behind. Our run game, plus AR, should be enough to control any game we play this year. Except maybe UGA. I think this is the point Doering was trying to make.
I didn't realize Mrs. Doering was on the board. Welcome madam!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Did someone tap Mrs. Doering?? Seems as if CD has some butt hurt from somewhere.

Did they move his season tickets?
Did AR tell him to chill?
Could it be he didn't get the job with Sean Kelly?

Just seems he has a bit of a chip on his shoulders. But UK taking out Georgia.......Not with this team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Doering picked UK to win the East. Yeah.
According to tos he also said on one of his shows that he's a huge kash daniels fan. The kid twisted Kyle trasks ankle.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t listen but could he be taking more of a shot at our crappy WR room and not AR? If he is…that’s not untrue. The strength of our team is running. Our WR group is horrid
Our WR group won't scare anyone. Maybe they will develop as the season progresses.

It's a shame that ARs arm talent won't really be showcased.

:dunno:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I know we'd like more talent at WR, but you guys are acting like they pulled some fans out of the parking lot before the game to play the position. Puh-leeze.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It's a shame that ARs arm talent won't really be showcased.

:dunno:
Actually, I believe the opposite; his talent will make our receivers look better than they are. I became convinced of this on the last play of the third quarter last week on a throw he made to Pearsall. Very few college QBs would have even attempted the pass as they would not have considered Pearsall to be open and in fact it was pretty good coverage. AR threw a dart and in a spot only the receiver could catch. Watching it live my immediate thought was “that was an NFL throw.”

My only concern about AR - and it is a very slight one - is how fast he can improve. Assuming we knock off the kitties today, he’ll have two more games (and weeks of practices) before facing a decent team again. Will that be enough? My hunch is yes. The two toughest games on our schedule from here on out are late enough in the season that he should be comfortable in the offense and the coaches should be able to let him do more and more. It’s going to be fun to watch.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Actually, I believe the opposite; his talent will make our receivers look better than they are. I became convinced of this on the last play of the third quarter last week on a throw he made to Pearsall. Very few college QBs would have even attempted the pass as they would not have considered Pearsall to be open and in fact it was pretty good coverage. AR threw a dart and in a spot only the receiver could catch. Watching it live my immediate thought was “that was an NFL throw.”

My only concern about AR - and it is a very slight one - is how fast he can improve. Assuming we knock off the kitties today, he’ll have two more games (and weeks of practices) before facing a decent team again. Will that be enough? My hunch is yes. The two toughest games on our schedule from here on out are late enough in the season that he should be comfortable in the offense and the coaches should be able to let him do more and more. It’s going to be fun to watch.
I disagree. It was showing his youth and inexperience.
IIRC, that throw was incomplete. And it's because the ball was thrown too hard and the receiver was NOT open. That throw could have been tipped up where it would have been intercepted.
It's smarter to either hit his ck down, run it or throw it away.
This is essentially year 1 for AR so he doesn't have the experience necessary to know better but AR will lose games for UF if he continues to think those type scenarios are "open" vs playing smart.

[Edit: I misunderstood the play you referenced. I agree, that was a helluva play.]

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I disagree. It was showing his youth and inexperience.
IIRC, that throw was incomplete. And it's because the ball was thrown too hard and the receiver was NOT open. That throw could have been tipped up where it would have been intercepted.
Watch it again; Pearsall caught it for a first down. (Last play of the third quarter.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.