Anthony Richardson

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Every football player plays dinged. Agree he is hurt, so how bad and has the injury spread to his noggin

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Easy to forget he's only had like 4 starts and is on a whole new staff and playbook. I did expect more from him passing though.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
There was zero contact on the play. None. And he still got up hopping around and gingerly testing the right ankle. He’s hurt. Question is how bad and is he a wuss?
Right. Listen some guys can not
play through the pain.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Maybe Mullen knew more about QBs that we gave him credit for.

Happy University Of Florida GIF by Florida Gators

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Sounds like we should just run the service academy offense this year.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Easy to forget he's only had like 4 starts and is on a whole new staff and playbook. I did expect more from him passing though.
Easy to forget he’s been on campus for three seasons now. How many starts did Bryce Young have before he started tearing shyt up? How about Tua? Timmy?

I could go on and on.

I’m not piling on you, I’m just saying. He’s had ample time, starts or not. Trask rode the bench for two seasons too, hell, AR had more playing time than Trask did before he was the starter due to Franks’ injury.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
On the Monday presser and video from yesterday (uf), AR talking about being hurt a bit and holding himself back from running. Also conversation about playing it safe regarding the “QB” situation. I.e., nobody else…

Think it was the ky hit on the knee he had worked on.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can’t tell, but I think that’s just the RB sneaking out of the backfield, no?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know if it’s a playcalling or if it’s AR just trying to make downfield throws, but he is not throwing anything to the backs.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Maybe Mullen knew more about QBs that we gave him credit for.
Credit? Let’s assume he did know and that’s why he refused to give him more playing time when everyone was clamoring for it. Then, wtf did he start him— the qb he knows isn’t ready to play against weak to average defenses— against Georgia? Spite?

**** that guy. He doesn’t deserve any credit.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Credit? Let’s assume he did know and that’s why he refused to give him more playing time when everyone was clamoring for it. Then, wtf did he start him— the qb he knows isn’t ready to play against weak to average defenses— against Georgia? Spite?

**** that guy. He doesn’t deserve any credit.
Pressure my friend pressure

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know if it’s a playcalling or if it’s AR just trying to make downfield throws, but he is not throwing anything to the backs.
For sure, this should be a part to take off some pressure, so......

Is it Napier?
Is it AR's confidence?
Is he playing hurt?
Is it fear keeping him from playing loose?

You're right that he has to get the RB's more involved in the passing game. Damn bubble screens with XH aren't even a threat. It is almost as if Napier is going to have to take the decision making away from him and specify the play and the outcome. Defenses are squatting with a spy on every play. So what do you do with that and a strong running game, you run right at it. Make the spy commit to AR, pitch it and burn them with ETN, Johnson. After getting torched, they will go to the pitch man, AR burns them. Play action with the TE's but no check options. I hear Napier explaining why AR made a mistake.....take that away until he understands it. As well as AR played last year, it just seemed as if he was winging it. Not sure what is up with him. But he has to get it fixed in his head. The play calling, being dinged up, pressure, bad reads, checking the Defense.....that is all thinking and process, in his head. And it will effect how plays are called. I would hope that Napier, if Miller is back this week will be a bit more aggressive. And also lean on what we do well, the running game. And I believe a good bit is the fact he could be dinged up. He, with the talent we saw last year and against Utah, should be able to be able to go one on one with a spy and win some of those battles. You can look at the 2pt conversion where he totally outplayed Diabetus. He is not the same player.

Just my .02 cents, but he as you suggest should lean on our strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.