Anyone else think the Gators could use a logo refresh?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
don't mind the different color helmets for a few games a year. The script is unique, but it could be updated as kids no longer even learn it and at some point won't be able to even write it down. I would go with either the block F (not that F created by nike a few years ago) or the gator logo.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So wait, you want the logo on the side of the helmet instead of the script? What do you think we are, Oregon or Maryland???

:jerkit:
Oregon, if course. Because going back to the old F or using the logo we adopted at the same time as the Gators script is exactly the same as changing unis every week.

Of course, switching our colors to green and yellow might make it that much easier to get your boy Chip Kelley when he leaves the nfl, right?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure if you noticed, but this is a Gator message board.

:zzzzz:

That logo is only 20 years old. I'm sure people called it blasphemous when it was introduced then....now they defend it with their lives, like it's been part of UF for 150 years.

It needs a refresh. Too cartoonish.

I'm sure you said something just like this when they introduced the current Gator head logo in the 90's.

You are always preaching about being progressive, and anyone with old fashioned values is a "knuckledragger". I'm calling you a knuckledragger.

What the Jaguars did last year is the kind of thing I'm talking about. They took their basic logo, which came out around the same time ours did, and modernized it. And it looks amazing.

jacksonville_jaguars_logo.png

Again, the new logo came out during the Spurrier era - that's not that long ago. Did that make us Maryland or Oregon at the time? You guys are acting like it's a sacred symbol from 1885 that men died over. There was a reason the new logo was created at the time, and marketing probably had a lot to do with it. And for that very reason, there's no question it is going to happen again eventually, so you guys may want to start building your safe spaces and preparing your hate letters now, just so you're prepared.

This was never intended to be a uniform or helmet thread - I like them the way they are. I very much prefer the script on the side of the helmet instead of a logo.

So wait, you want the logo on the side of the helmet instead of the script? What do you think we are, Oregon or Maryland??? :jerkit:

----------------- ------------------------ --------------------------- -----------------

I can honestly say I was embarrassed to read some of the moronic responses in this thread.

- i think i see the pattern you were referring to

:chomp:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I like traditional helmets. I thought we looked awful the year Urban removed the blue and white stripes from the center of our helmets against uga a few years back. That was just plain awful. However, I am not opposed to a flat orange look or maybe the chrome orange w' the script. Not every game but maybe once per season.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, to answer your question, I don't think the logo needs a refresh. However, if the logo was refreshed and it looked better, I'd gladly embrace it. Most of all, I want you to remember that you're my favorite poster.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
If they radically change the logo, alter the colors and modify the uniforms, will protesters be criticized or celebrated if they kneel during "We are the boys?"

Asking for a friend.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, to answer your question, I don't think the logo needs a refresh. However, if the logo was refreshed and it looked better, I'd gladly embrace it.
It WILL be changed. Could be next year, could be in 20 years, but it will be changed again.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Uniform thread. I just can't help myself.

I know Ox only wanted to talk about a logo refresh but you guys are all over the place so here goes.

Acceptable throwback. To be worn no more than once a year.

florida-quarterback-tim-tebow-looks-for-a-whole-as-the-alabama-in-picture-id120944417

As for tradition, here is Albert over the years.
muzFU4HJgYt1ddANJpdze6Q.jpg

040a9df2c9b37a0ac2e1199099085702.jpg

9b46de9410ab0431b5cde244a1dc1b27.jpg

mF95XTUX3iKjIe_DiktbIng.jpg

This one looks like the creature Captain Kirk made gunpowder to kill for the amusement of some aliens. (and kindly ignore the dude in the cowboy hat and dolphin shorts)
eee50da4c3c46ea24e2392dc91805a53.jpg

e52ae7e17c882f83c25f311054c5f021.jpg

alberts_through_years.jpg

Alex.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@CollegeGameDay: These Louisville helmets for Saturday are complete (via @UofLEquipment)

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
4 pages of a uniform thread and nobody has mentioned a cheerleader? You guys disappoint me.

Where would the new logo fit on them?
florida-gators-cheerleaders.jpg
How's about right there on that little orange triangle? Rowrrrr... :naughty:

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
e52ae7e17c882f83c25f311054c5f021.jpg

Alex.[/QUOTE]

Good Lord!! Really?

Only reason we switch back and forth on unis etc it Money. Sell a different Jersey at the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator