Anyone else think the Gators could use a logo refresh?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ox is melting down especially hard on this topic. Does he have money riding on a logo change in the next couple years?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NO
NO
NO
NO

I love the throwbacks that we wore against Bammer in 2006, I love that we have the Orange / White / Blue jerseys, but please don't go any further. The attempt to re-brand the helmets last year failed. Those helmet's looks like a pop warner team (almost as sillyas UGA wearing the black helmets).

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Stop being an idiot.

Did you throw a fit when that logo was introduced in the 90's?
I don't know why you keep asking that question, but I was probably about 7 years old when the Gator head logo debuted. At that point, I was more worried about learning my multiplication tables and catching Scooby Doo reruns.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
For the record, our helmets aren't just orange. They used to be but several years ago we started adding some flake to give them some sparkle. Over the years we've increased that amount. It's hard to tell on TV but if you see a real game helmet, you'll see the blue flake in it right away.

Alex.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oddly enough.... I did a double take in Brownsville this morning when I noticed a gigantic UF gator head emblem.

Turns out this prep school is the gators. And although their website doesnt show it, outside the school looks like UF sponsered it. They even call their stadium The Swamp.

http://www.rgccisd.org/grulla high school/Home.html

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I could be wrong but isn't name calling a violation of the terms of usage here?
When the President does it, that means it is not illegal.

/Nixon

You didn't answer my question. You weren't 7 years old like Sas when the gator head logo was introduced.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When the President does it, that means it is not illegal.

/Nixon

You didn't answer my question. You weren't 7 years old like Sas when the gator head logo was introduced.
How many NC's has UF won since the Gator head logo came out?...How many SEC titles? Leave it alone....USC doesn't change the Trojan, OU doesn't change the OU, Michigan doesn't change whatever the hell those stripes are on the helmets, Penn State doesn't put cute little Lions on their uniforms or helmets, Bama doesn't change the Elephants trunk or put anything besides numbers on their helmets...leave well enough alone.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A left-handed cigarette, maybe......it was the 60's after all.... :bandit:
Cigarettes were considered cool (and even healthy) in the 50s and into the early 60s - the real drug scene in the 60s didn't start until the later 60s - I should know, I was like 3 or 4 then. ;)

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why you keep asking that question, but I was probably about 7 years old when the Gator head logo debuted. At that point, I was more worried about learning my multiplication tables and catching Scooby Doo reruns.
But you weren't too young to break out the coloring book and create an orange/blue Captain America with a wookie head design.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
0a9a28bfcc8f0dd119f054c329230544.jpg

I don't know WTH that's supposed to be. It's horrendous. First word that came to mind was "worm". Seriously where did you get that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator