AR15 has a need for speed - stopped driving 105mph!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It happened 11 days ago. Napier is clearly aware of it by this point and didn’t feel the need to alter anything last night. Not a great look, but it’s a non-event. Maybe why he didn’t receive any awards at half.

First the silly dance move that ended his season, now this. Out at 4am who knows where and doing what during training camp, crazy speed. I worry he’s showing a pattern of taking foolish risks, feeling invulnerable as most of us did at that age. At least he wasn’t drunk.

How BN handles that internally will set an important precedent within the team. Everything he’s said about QB leadership and the guys holding each other accountable is either coachspeak or truly upheld. I’m surprised it didn’t hit the news immediately, but fewer reporters are watching the police blotter.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I was just thinking this morning, hope he stays healthy and out of trouble. Gotta make better choices, but I speed everyday too. I am sure that Napier had a lonnnnnnnnnnng talk with him.

Speed? Sure. Speed by 45mph? Not since I was young and dumb and invincible. Degree matters.

If he were my kid, I’d just want him to be more careful with his life and have a care for others who might be out there, too. Some farmer pulls out, you blow a tire, a deer pops out, anything can be disastrous at 105mph.

But as QB1 with all the leadership? This is a gift of opportunity to thwart future youthful mistakes, if you’re seriously trying to help young men win championship and develop winning habits on & off the field.

Recall Carlos Dunlap’s DUI before the SECCG in 2009, where his absence really hurt, and that he was the one who got caught out of a party where many players were obviously not taking their upcoming HUGE game seriously enough.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I got a ticket for not only going faster than 100 on my motorcycle but I was also cited for running from the police. I was a 27 year old Marine Officer at the time. At least I was smart enough to perform this amazing feat at 8am on a Sunday morning rather than 4 hours earlier.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Lol people are losing their minds over this. No one was hurt. He wasn't drunk. He's a young, dumb kid that made a mistake. This is a learning experience, nothing more. Move on

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Speed? Sure. Speed by 45mph? Not since I was young and dumb and invincible. Degree matters.

If he were my kid, I’d just want him to be more careful with his life and have a care for others who might be out there, too. Some farmer pulls out, you blow a tire, a deer pops out, anything can be disastrous at 105mph.

But as QB1 with all the leadership? This is a gift of opportunity to thwart future youthful mistakes, if you’re seriously trying to help young men win championship and develop winning habits on & off the field.

Recall Carlos Dunlap’s DUI before the SECCG in 2009, where his absence really hurt, and that he was the one who got caught out of a party where many players were obviously not taking their upcoming HUGE game seriously enough.
Dunlap. :banghead:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Do you know how many aren't?

Pulled over for breakneck speed.?

Lol people are losing their minds over this. No one was hurt. He wasn't drunk. He's a young, dumb kid that made a mistake. This is a learning experience, nothing more. Move on

My guess is he was sneaking back from an illicit rendezvous -- maybe a Disney film.?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I cannot believe this embarrassing overreaction post got 3 likes. I visibly cringed. All 3 of those people are getting vacations, and Theo is getting a month off.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would take my motorcycle out on Williston Road or south on 34th Street as it wound around east to 441 after class to blow off steam. Wide-open riding. 105 was not unusual, or so my 20-year-old brain thought. What didn’t occur to me was WTF I was gonna do if a deer ran out in front of me.

As you can tell from my posts, I had a few deer run out in front of me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

But by your own admission, you’ve done similar when you were “young, dumb and invincible”. Guess what AR feels like right now?

And I’d guess you and I both grew up in much more stable neighborhoods than Richardson.

Ftr, Dunlap was not of age to drink, then drove while drunk, then fell asleep. Much worse. Degree of speeding matters in a school zone or crowded area. Not an open road when no one’s out. And even still, as much heat as we give Dunlap, he turned out ok and has made a career for himself.

Again, dumb move. Time to move on. See you in May.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I got a ticket for not only going faster than 100 on my motorcycle but I was also cited for running from the police. I was a 27 year old Marine Officer at the time. At least I was smart enough to perform this amazing feat at 8am on a Sunday morning rather than 4 hours earlier.

I got busted doing 87 mph in a 45...I was slowing down for some curves (107mph) ...the Cops LTD had trouble catching me...I was 16...in 1976 it was $93 and 4 points. I made $2.30/hr at the time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bunch of scofflaw’s in this thread. The fact that they let some of you still walk around in society is incredible. And worse yet, actually let you fly planes with dozens of passengers on board. Yeesh.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bunch of scofflaw’s in this thread. The fact that they let some of you still walk around in society is incredible. And worse yet, actually let you fly planes with dozens of passengers on board. Yeesh.
let's be honest, planes today practically fly themselves. Zambo is just there for amusement over the planes intercoms

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
I had my GrandAm pedal to the floor for about 10miles, definitely at top end speed. Come around a corner, my radar goes ballistic, and a NY State Trooper was heading the opposite direction. He locked up his tires, tried to pull a The Bandit move to come catch me. Smoke was coming off those tires. I bet he still has nightmares that he didn’t catch me. One for the good guys right there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator