AR15 has a need for speed - stopped driving 105mph!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
But by your own admission, you’ve done similar when you were “young, dumb and invincible”. Guess what AR feels like right now?

And I’d guess you and I both grew up in much more stable neighborhoods than Richardson.

Ftr, Dunlap was not of age to drink, then drove while drunk, then fell asleep. Much worse. Degree of speeding matters in a school zone or crowded area. Not an open road when no one’s out. And even still, as much heat as we give Dunlap, he turned out ok and has made a career for himself.

Again, dumb move. Time to move on. See you in May.

I’m not down on him, just hoping he gets the memo sooner than later.

Took me awhile, no holier than thou here.

Edit to add a confession… I was pulled over at age 14 for driving very slowly and struggling to keep my mom’s station wagon between the lines on us 92 between Auburndale & Lakeland. I’d never driven before. There was open beer in the car of which I’d had 2. Talked my way out of it.

My cousin(18) was supposed to be driving and bought the beer. She started arguing with the cops and I said, “Stop. We’re at fault here. They are doing their jobs.” One cop said, “You have a good attitude, son.” They called my parents and told us to throw the beer away at a park just up the road. We did.

I did many stupid and dangerous things before I wised up a bit. But you have to get the memo eventually, or the cost gets high.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I cannot believe this embarrassing overreaction post got 3 likes. I visibly cringed. All 3 of those people are getting vacations, and Theo is getting a month off.

What part of helping a young man grow and achieve his dreams upsets you?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Edit to add a confession… I was pulled over at age 14 for driving very slowly and struggling to keep my mom’s station wagon between the lines on us 92 between Auburndale & Lakeland. I’d never driven before. There was open beer in the car of which I’d had 2. Talked my way out of it.

My cousin(18) was supposed to be driving and bought the beer. She started arguing with the cops and I said, “Stop. We’re at fault here. They are doing their jobs.” One cop said, “You have a good attitude, son.” They called my parents and told us to throw the beer away at a park just up the road. We did.

I did many stupid and dangerous things before I wised up a bit. But you have to get the memo eventually, or the cost gets high.
Had this story happened today, you’d have been locked up; no ifs, ands or buts. Imagine how differently your life might have turned out.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Planes will soon have fully automated cockpits. There will be room for a pilot and a German Shepard. The pilot will be there to watch the controls, and the German Shepard will be there to bite him (her) if he (her) tries to touch anything.

You screwed the pooch on that one..the pilot is there to feed the dog, not watch the controls. Other than that you had it right..:bwahaha:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

No I get it. And I’m with you. He has to learn from these things, and I believe he will. I remember once I’d just gone through a breakup and was flying in from NY, so I decided to go to Cheetah on Okeechobee on my way home. I was pretty down and about a half bottle of Johnnie Black in by the time I landed and got my car. Anyway, had quite a few more there and met this particular girl that I was quite taken with. It started out as always with a few dances. Before long the chemistry was intense. She’d already given me her 555 number and we ended up in one of the private rooms. The whole time, with me just ok’ing all additional charges. Before long I stumbled out with well into 4 figures on their books. When I woke up to AmEx calling me the next day wondering if I’d in fact financed a small exploration of to the North Pole, I disputed the charge and got the whole thing reversed. Anyway, not sure the exact relevance here. I just always felt bad about that.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So you were actually serious. I thought it had to be a joke.

The trend isn’t good for any student-athlete, much less the one that is supposed to be a team leader.

Just feels like it won’t end well for AR.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
In the face of male toxicity and communist pinkos running around unchecked, we have an African American male embracing his God-given and American duty to drive a USA made Dodge Charger at speeds deemed biblical and necessary for the survival of freedom loving men everywhere. If you're standing against this patriotic act, not only are you a disgrace to the American flag, but you bring shame to the very same testosterone flowing through your veins. It would be a shame, nay a crime, to NOT drive a built-in-His-image Dodge Charger at speeds reaching the triple digits. God bless AR, a symbol of pride and hope that true masculinity will survive at least another generation.
What's with all the :lol:'s under this post, did you all think it was some kind of a JOKE?? It got me so fired up I rolled over and banged NV's wife again. Btw hello from sunny Phoenix!

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I got busted doing 87 mph in a 45...I was slowing down for some curves (107mph) ...the Cops LTD had trouble catching me...I was 16...in 1976 it was $93 and 4 points. I made $2.30/hr at the time.
Had a similar instance driving from LA to Laughlin when I was in my 20's. Had just bought a new car and opened it up around midnight in the middle of the desert. Got to 120 before I hit the hills and some traffic and started slowing down. Got lit up as I was working through traffic. Cop locked in on me at 88 and he was pissed. He knew I was flying but couldn't lock in on me because I was decelerating. More recently, I hit 100 - 105 on a regular basis on I-5 in the middle of the day driving from LA to Carmel. This is a classic much ado about nothing situation.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
In the face of male toxicity and communist pinkos running around unchecked, we have an African American male embracing his God-given and American duty to drive a USA made Dodge Charger at speeds deemed biblical and necessary for the survival of freedom loving men everywhere. If you're standing against this patriotic act, not only are you a disgrace to the American flag, but you bring shame to the very same testosterone flowing through your veins. It would be a shame, nay a crime, to NOT drive a built-in-His-image Dodge Charger at speeds reaching the triple digits. God bless AR, a symbol of pride and hope that true masculinity will survive at least another generation.

This is what I want to do after reading this:

giphy (1).gif

This is what I actually look like doing it:
200.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Had this story happened today, you’d have been locked up; no ifs, ands or buts. Imagine how differently your life might have turned out.

Oh yes, I do know. Even then (1976) I was shocked. The cops were in coats & ties, I guess detectives, and probably didn’t want the distraction. I’ve thought about it many times. Not that I wouldn’t have bounced back, but a pretty bad hole to climb out of for sure.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since we are all being transparent here, I once drove a buddies BMW M5 155 on 85 in San Jose one night drunk as fuch. Lucky I wasn’t stopped as the the others in the car kept saying “Faster, Faster, Faster”.

As for motorcycles I’ve risen my Daytona up to 145 when the shakes start. Not a great feeling even though my buddy on his Hayabusa flew by me.

No tickets.

Oh… and I was in my mid 30s.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dang, I know he was haulin' azz. But can we all be glad it is no more than what it is and he'll actually do what he is supposed to do and pay his penalty? Hope none of these guys illegally parks a scooter during summer school. We might go off the rails here.

giphy.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We have a student that gets a fast car legitimately through a NIL deal, and is dumb enough to get caught speeding in it. That's it. No drugs, no weapons. Hell, he hadn't even been drinking, which college kids have a tendency to do late at night. He hasn't been in any other kind of trouble at all. And yet this is some kind of "trend" that is going to lead to his Cam Newton-esque dismissal. One member even included his injuries (like he got hurt on purpose) and his back flips in as something scandalous we should be alarmed about. :crazy:

Embarrassing, even for us. Can we enjoy having a good QB again for 5 seconds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.