jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Armstrong

Among the key metrics for the Golden Eagles defense in 2022:

• Gave up third down conversions 37.7% of the time (54th nationally)
  • 3.9 yards per rushing attempt (40th nationally)
  • 7.6 yards per passing attempt (87th nationally)
  • 5.3 yards per play (51st nationally)
  • 1.7 turnovers per game (31st nationally)
  • 0.39 points per play (39th nationally)
  • Sacked opposing QBs on 9.7% of passing attempts (7th nationally)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
From Wikipedia…

While with the Gators, Collins oversaw a defense that ranked No. 6 in scoring defense in 2016 and No. 11 in 2015.

I think those numbers have to be viewed in context. There were several carryovers from WM’s last few classes that gave him a lot of defensive talent to work with. If you’re going to credit him for his defensive teams fielded, you’d have to also give him credit(or blemish) for defensive talent landed in the two classes he was a part of. I can’t remember off the top of my head, but I don’t believe there was much. So would it be more of the same where a coach benefited from what he was left with, but if given much more time, would’ve crumbled in performance.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
... So would it be more of the same where a coach benefited from what he was left with, but if given much more time, would’ve crumbled in performance.
I'm sure BN would rather the DC crumble from the get go ... like Toney. :lol:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We get it, you don't like the hire. Now STFU.
You crack me up. If this was happening at any one of our rivals right now (going from one young failed Sun Belt DC to an even younger, worse Sun Belt DC) you and everyone else here would be dunking on said rival for being borderline retarded, if not certifiably insane. And yet, here we are.

:mac:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
You crack me up. If this was happening at any one of our rivals right now (going from one young failed Sun Belt DC to an even younger, worse Sun Belt DC) you and everyone else here would be dunking on said rival for being borderline retarded, if not certifiably insane. And yet, here we are.

Episode 7 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

* There's still a possibility that the Alexandra pick is just a vicious rumor. [pray]

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Why don't you quit beating around the bush and just come out with it: you wish Billy Napier was dead.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey weighed in on Sidehat:

"Mr. Bend but Don't Break... who broke often.

People are excited that he took a #2 or #3 defense and made it mid20s in only a year. That's something for the resume, I guess, especially given it was clearly his best year statistically.

Does Wikipedia mention Mullen lambasting his ass about giving up 600 yards to Ole Miss 2 weeks before he crawled out of Cowbell to work for Butterteeth Sr?

I wonder why no one quotes his stats from career, like Cowbell or whatever directional Florida school he was at? I bet I can guess. Im too lazy to google myself for someone as insignificant as douchebag Sidehat.

The funniest part is, his strength was SUPPOSED to be recruiting you know because white douchebag with chains is attractive to da utes.

Even better, how about we just move on from people who interned with Saban once?

My favorite was the POS we hired in Mullen's last year who the SID leaked that "he applied for an unpaid internship with Saban once, and, although he didn't get the job, the secretary was really impressed with how nice he was". Good gawd. We wonder why our program is fighting Vandy for last.

Also, what is it about people who have BEEN ON GS or GC for three decades not being able to remember how bad a coach was who just left a few years ago.

This is how we got Mullen back.

Hell, Sidehat was the first time we got a taste of prevent defense soft zone every down, in two decades, after Zook.

I don't know if the guy we hired is any good. The odds are against him of course and the situation as well.

But I tell what would be absolutely terrible for us, switching defensive schemes in March after a 6-7 when we are talent deprived at most defensive positions not called cornerback already."

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

But I tell what would be absolutely terrible for us, switching defensive schemes in March after a 6-7 when we are talent deprived at most defensive positions not called cornerback already."
Tell donkey there's great news for him, then. Toney admitted that he had no scheme. Hard to switch from something that never existed :lol:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

I don't know if the guy we hired is any good. The odds are against him of course and the situation as well.

I normally agree with Donkey.

He doesn't know if the guy we hired is any good???

He should pull up his stats from 2021 and 2022. I think he'll have an idea.

Switching defensive schemes would NOT necessarily be bad because:

1) We are mostly a Freshman (who don't know Didley about the scheme) and Sophs (who played enough to start to understand the scheme, but whose main benefit is experiencing the speed of the college game) team. They aren't a part of any scheme yet.

2) Last year is a sunk cost. We really didn't build anything. It was a tear down. Especially on defense. We got rid of most of the "experienced" players.

3) We upgraded the talent and/or experience at LB and DL. They are not part of last years scheme. They can be molded into any scheme.

AND, if we insist on staying with the scheme:

There are many top 20 defensive units that run the same scheme or variations. Those DCs should have been considered FIRST.

That's the last of my griping about this.

It's not official, so there's still hope.

I just realized Ramond is Assistant Head Coach. So, he'll probably be running the show. :scratchchin:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator