Arizona Cardinals hire away DC Patrick Toney; Austin Armstrong new DC

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Also forgot Dean and Torrence were the only 2 safeties on the roster apparently :lol:
I'm really tired of everything always being blamed on the players. At least they are actual gators, even if they aren't real talented. Half this board is perfectly content to trash gator players to protect garbage coaching mercenaries with absolutely zero real love for the school. I don't care how bad Dean or Burney were, I'm not trashing them over Patrick f*ckin Toney! That guy can eat an entire woodshed full of d*cks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really tired of everything always being blamed on the players. At least they are actual gators, even if they aren't real talented. Half this board is perfectly content to trash gator players to protect garbage coaching mercenaries with absolutely zero real love for the school. I don't care how bad Dean or Burney were, I'm not trashing them over Patrick f*ckin Toney! That guy can eat an entire woodshed full of d*cks.
Generally speaking, most players don't give a **** about the school anymore either. With NIL, they are ALL now mercenaries.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Generally speaking, most players don't give a **** about the school anymore either. With NIL, they are ALL now mercenaries.
They were getting paid long before NIL and many already were mercenaries, but it's still a good point. It's why I'll always root hard for the kids who wanted to be Gators long before they got here.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ppl blamed Toney for our defense, meanwhile our starting Safeties just ran fkn 4.7s…

I remember being attacked for saying they were the weak link
Add that to the worst Gator front 7 in 5 decades. What experienced coordinator would want to come here with the current defensive roster? We’re lucky to land Armstrong.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
So the players get no blame for their play on the field even if by your words they aren’t very good?
Makes total sense

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Napier sure takes his time on position coach hires, doesn’t he? He had some really slow hires last year too.

RemarkablePlaintiveGeese-max-1mb.gif

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Ppl blamed Toney for our defense, meanwhile our starting Safeties just ran fkn 4.7s…

I remember being attacked for saying they were the weak link
I don’t think that’s the reason you were attacked…

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Add that to the worst Gator front 7 in 5 decades. What experienced coordinator would want to come here with the current defensive roster? We’re lucky to land Armstrong.
Good point.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
So the players get no blame for their play on the field even if by your words they aren’t very good?
Makes total sense
If the players aren't very good then it's on the coaches and/ or recruiters. The players didn't hold anyone up at gunpoint and force themselves on the field.

If the player(s) take plays off or play without energy ... then that's on the players mostly. Still the coaches responsibility to motivate or sit them.

Player bashing, in general, isn't cool. Toney Express safeties excluded of course. :lol:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
You aren't very bright are you.
Yeah, ppl like you said the same thing back early in the season when I said our back 7 was horrible.. Yesterday proved I was right. Again

Trying to insult ppls intelligence while at the same time blaming a coach for not making T Dean play like R Nelson is pretty fkn funny

Last edited:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
If the players aren't very good then it's on the coaches and/ or recruiters. The players didn't hold anyone up at gunpoint and force themselves on the field.

If the player(s) take plays off or play without energy ... then that's on the players mostly. Still the coaches responsibility to motivate or sit them.

Player bashing, in general, isn't cool. Toney Express safeties excluded of course. :lol:
What happened when Cox left? His backup played more consistently but we also lost a body as a depth piece (I recall that kid being so gassed he was literally jogging in the Bowl Game because he couldnt come off the field) . We bench a guy like Dean early and he transfers, Wilson gets hurt 6 plays in and who goes out there?
Sometimes as a Coach you gotta play the cards your dealt, even when they are subpar. There's reasons this staff went heavy in those areas in recruiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.