Arizona Cardinals hire away DC Patrick Toney; Austin Armstrong new DC

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
There’s a reason we had so many transfers at the end of the season. Napier was cleaning house. If you actually look at the last two classes before Napier took over, only about a third of those kids are left. This last class was our best in 5 years and maybe overall deepest/best in 10.

This year’s class is going to be our best since Urban Meyer had the reigns reins. Not quite on his level. But the best since he left.
Fixed it for you. Unless you were trying to imply UM was a ruler or something. Which could be.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
One of the impressive aspects of Saban’s system is the high turnover of assistants without degrading the quality of the program. He defies the law of entropy.

We’ll see if Kirby manages to do that.
So far, he's seems to be doing pretty well at it. He's seamlessly replaced Tucker, Lanning, and Pittman. If their new OC does well, I think we can close the book on that one.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, ppl like you said the same thing back early in the season when I said our back 7 was horrible.. Yesterday proved I was right. Again

Trying to insult ppls intelligence while at the same time blaming a coach for not making T Dean play like R Nelson is pretty fkn funny
And I was right then, just like now.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Saban runs such a well oiled machine that any coach is a replaceable cog. Surrounded by all that 5* talent even Mac appeared competent.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
More thoughts on the defense from Donkey:

"For years we've been playing 220-240 pounders at both ends and often at a DT position too under Fat Ass Dwag. Last year we played two all season. The results of a 240 pound defensive end going up again a 320-340 pound SEC OT were easily foreseeable.

Not so in the future, finally. Princely is now listed at Edge as are all the other flyweights, and even a few of the kids heavy enough that Fat Ass Dwag would have moved them to DT. Nice.

Another nuance some may have missed, Napier's defense at ULL usually used the Edge as a true OLB fairly often. It was still more of a 4 man surface regardless if the edge was called a linebacker, but sometimes reverts to 3, and not just in a rabbit formation on 3rd and forever.

Fat Ass Dwag just used the edge as a designated pass rusher with basically no other responsibilities. Now, Cox and crew didn't actually perform well in the OLB, and even seemed miffed at being asked to do it. I suspect that is why so many of other other dozen cache of flyweight rushbackers all left, thankfully.

Expect to see three heavies on the D line this year, something we havent really seen since Chimp. Not coincidentally that was the last time we had a competent defense."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if this is the kid from Sandlot or Butters son but here we are

The kid from Sandlot is exactly who I thought of when I saw this this morning. He definitely looks like someone that was beaten up every day by bullies as a kid.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Not sure if this is the kid from Sandlot or Butters son but here we are

And this one:

home video truffle shuffle GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.