Auburn Prediction Thread

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Barn 27
UF 10

Sorry but it's hard to win a game if you can't play with a team at the LOS and we can't handle that LOS on either side IMO. Hope I am wrong.
Auburn is a favorite for a reason, their "resume" is impressive and Herbie's eye test never fails. But the "Auburn is a top 5 team because they got lucky against the ducks and beat a putrid MSU team that self-destructed in the 1st Qtr." is premature IMO. Will UF win? I don't really know where I'll be on that question until I've gathered a little more input. At the moment, I'm leaning toward a bizarre and agonizing day that ends in a very close and bitterly contested game. If the missing players return rested and ready, and the OL plays like they actually have a damn clue, we've got real chance to spring the upset.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Best thing we have going for us this week is the AU hype. Saw today that a Washington "Compost" sports guy says Auburn should be number 1. Of course Finebaum and the ESPN heads are all wetting their pants in anticipation of our beat down next Saturday. No one in the media thinks we belong in the top 10, and maybe we don't. We may end up as road kill after we get run over by the Gus Bus. All I know is that we have the perfect under dog, no respect bulletin board material to build on. It may or may not make a difference, but the team should be ready to play. No excuses.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I havent been this excited for a game in awhile. I really think the crowd will be electric. Hopefully the team will match the energy and a break or two will fall our way. I obviously hope we win and I believe we have a solid shot, but I am just looking forward to a good game. I still remember that sanders game with little Terry Bowden...

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Same thing that happened the last three times we played them. And, coincidentally, the last three times we were ranked when we played them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lol, Ox is in full smack talk mode. I can only imagine the banter at home. It's got him all ginned up over this game..
He is talking smack now but if we win, he doesnt get laid for a while.

As for predictions, hell I dont know. We may win a tight one or they may run it down our damn throats on our piss poor run defense. The good news is we can run blitz w abandon bc their passing shouldnt scare the average middle school defense.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is talking smack now but if we win, he doesnt get laid for a while.

As for predictions, hell I dont know. We may win a tight one or they may run it down our damn throats on our piss poor run defense. The good news is we can run blitz w abandon bc their passing shouldnt scare the average middle school defense.
It's a good game to play it aggressive on both ends, though I doubt Mullen does with his playcalling. If I may digress a moment, that's one area where's he's regressed.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ox's bravado aside....

It breaks my heart to type this, but literally the only way I can see us winning this game is through my O&B glasses. I take them off, and.... Auburn has played and beaten good competition. We have not and worse, we have not looked good playing crappy teams. We cannot run the football and this is critical. We're starting our second string QB - though he has been a marked improvement from the starter. But I feel like he could spit the bit and play a stinker. Our vaunted defense got pushed around by 1AA Towson and could not get off the field. I think it was just the in the first half Towson had drives of 12, 8 and 12 plays - though to our defense's credit, they stiffened and yielded no points. But Towson sustained drives - not good.

We're home - thank goodness - but we got whupped last year at home by kitties from Kentucky and Mizzou. So the home field advantage is not as pronounced as in years past, apparently especially against feline opponents. Mullen is a very good game day coach. His start with us, especially after inheriting a 4-win dumpster fire, has been remarkable. I think he'll coach around our weaknesses and keep us in it, but in the end...

Barn 27
Good Guys 16

I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll never to pick us to lose so I’ll say 23-21 Gators in a tough one.

Gotta be excited about this game. Second time this year that all eyes will be on a game we’re in, but this one is because it’s two top ten teams. Miami was just because we played in week “0”. Let’s hope we put on a good show and recruiting gets a big bump from it.

Go Gators!
:chomp:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
fascinating.gif

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I got the ‘Fever’!
Oof! 24-23 Barnies. :sadnanner:
Good news is that I’m wrong a lot, or Ox might get laid.
:bart:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So Ox, what is your 2nd nationally ranked Auburn wife predicting? Shouldn't we go with whatever she says?

I predict Ox isn't getting laid this week or next week either way.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Freakin Auburn games are tough to pick. I feel like the swamp will be packed we'll play them tight but they'll pull one out of their ass.
You can throw our run game out the window. How will our oline holds up in pass pro will be the key on offense. Stopping the run on D and not letting em get their tempo going is obviously key there.
I'm trying to turn over a new leaf
UF 34
Barn 27

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
destingator disliked this comment. I guess he prefers Trask to get sacked. :crazy:

Some of you guys have gone off the deep end.
That's the problem with dislikes. Some use them in the conventional way. Some use them to express disdain for something stated perfectly accurate about something or someone they dislike.

Some just got chewed out by their wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator