Bama game next week - thoughts?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n51928 said:
If we win we have turned the corner and we will have years of Mushamp and Roper and lots of championships but if we lose I see 5 more losses and a coaching search, and a rebuilding year and then maybe in 2016 we can be decent again.
Winning automatically means championships and losing automatically means 5 losses this year? I like the optimism on the winning front, but if we lose at Bama, we'll be doing what just about everybody else always does. Won't be doom and gloom, promise.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n51928 said:
If we win we have turned the corner and we will have years of Mushamp and Roper and lots of championships but if we lose I see 5 more losses and a coaching search, and a rebuilding year and then maybe in 2016 we can be decent again.

some disagree but the window to fire him was last year . We can't afford a coaching change recruiting wise. Imo

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
threatmatrix said:
Yup. I agree with everything, except a "win means lots of championships." But if you're gonna fantasize about a win, you might as well fantasize about the ensuing championships. Good job, fantasizer guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This year is easier. We have Grier and Treon on board. Some talent at all positions except HC. Imagine if we had hired last fall, Grier falls off the commit list probably and Treon never flips, so you are trying to sell a future with The Big Dumbie and Skyler Morningwood.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
t-gator;n51931 said:
some disagree but the window to fire him was last year . We can't afford a coaching change recruiting wise. Imo

"Window" to fire him? LMAO. We can't afford a crap coach who puts a non-leader in the QB position. Say what you want about JD's play. He is flat as Stanley on camera, and he can't be any better in the locker room. Guys a dud, from a leader standpoint.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n51936 said:
This is year is easier. We have Grier and Treon on board. Some talent at all positions except HC. Imagine if we had hired last fall, Grier falls off the commit list probably and Treon never flips, so you are trying to sell a future with The Big Dumbie and Skyler Morningwood.

you know aswell as I do we need these o line commits and the 2 5 star d linemen that will sign if muschamps here. Possibly 3 5 star linemen actually. Grier might have stayed committed his girlfriend had already enrolled in like sante fe or something. But if we suck badly and muschamp is fired most of these guys go to fsu and uga. And we fall further behind them. It's been miserable to watch no doubt but we can't afford to miss on this big of a hual. Plus grier or Harris will be another year older next year and ready to compete for a starting job.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n51937 said:
"Window" to fire him? LMAO. We can't afford a crap coach who puts a non-leader in the QB position. Say what you want about JD's play. He is flat as Stanley on camera, and he can't be any better in the locker room. Guys a dud, from a leader standpoint.

hey no means should Kentucky give us a game like that in the swamp. And I don't think he's done a good job here. But who else would you have him play? I don't get this logic.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
601Gator said:
I Have No Friends :(;n50046 said:
Because.. reasons?

Defensively we match up better with them than people think. What killed us the most tonight on defense? Towles. Sims is no Towles. So we put VH3 on Cooper, and Cooper will get his catches don't get me wrong, but he won't be as big a factor, contain the run, and see what Sims can do to win the game himself.

Also, their secondary is suspect. Robinson can burn them.
Totally agree.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
So many debbie downers in this thread. It's almost as if you guys wanted us to lose to KY just to prove a point about WM. I know we can beat Bama. I dropped a large wager on the game with a co-worker. That's how confident I am. Daily reminder our 06 Championship run we won by 1 point to non ranked USC, we beat non ranked Vandy by a measly 6 points! Last year most of you guys whined about offensive numbers and points being down. Now that they are way up, you're still unsatisfied.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Kyng said:
So many debbie downers in this thread. It's almost as if you guys wanted us to lose to KY just to prove a point about WM. I know we can beat Bama. I dropped a large wager on the game with a co-worker. That's how confident I am. Daily reminder our 06 Championship run we won by 1 point to non ranked USC, we beat non ranked Vandy by a measly 6 points! Last year most of you guys whined about offensive numbers and points being down. Now that they are way up, you're still unsatisfied.
Yes Driskel had some silly mistakes but he also had some really good throws. I think once the team gels completely we will be scary good on offense. I still stand by my pick that if we beat Alabama and get that confidence boost, that will put us over the top and we will bury everyone on our schedule! By the way I think our chances of beating Bama is about 75% or else I wouldn't of dropped a 400$ wager. :)

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait for Saturday to get here for many reasons. One to just play! It was a weird kind of weekend for CFB. Many teams that should have won, lost. I know we're scratching our heads from last Saturday night, but at least we're not pulling our hair out like last year. There are not many on here that penciled in a "W" for this coming Saturday. But what's been a weird CFB season thus far, who knows what will happen. Just glad as of now the good guys are 2-0.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix said:
I don't understand this because we're not favored or expected to win, haven't been since it came up on the schedule, and yet if we lose we're automatically going to lose five more and cash in the coach, season and everything? Makes no sense.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
The similarities of the two teams is interesting.
On offense both teams have:
A go-to receiver that's getting a bulk of the catches
A stable of talented RBs
QBs that have had a bulk of their success throwing horizontally rather than vertically

Defensively both teams have had the tendency to give up big plays in the secondary.

Kiffin is an a$$hole . Advantage Florida

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n52167 said:
On offense both teams have:A go-to receiver that's getting a bulk of the catches
A stable of talented RBs
QBs that have had a bulk of their success throwing horizontally rather than vertically
Defensively both teams have had the tendency to give up big plays in the secondary.

Muschamp isnt? :D

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp said:
Coach9;n52167 said:
On offense both teams have:A go-to receiver that's getting a bulk of the catches
A stable of talented RBs

Muschamp isnt? :D
Muschamp may be many things but I've never gotten the impression that he was an a-hole.

You, on the other hand…...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator said:
PaulDrake;n50045 said:
Seriously, if I'm Saban its pretty damn simple and like you said load the box to stop Taylor and Jones. Go man on defense and double cover Robinson. Then sit back and make Driskel beat you. Saban will watch game film and see that Driskel can't hit 20-30 yrd verticals or hit deep sideline patterns. Saban will also shrug his shoulders and see pedestrian pass routes that are neither sharp or well timed. Saban also knows the Gators are very poorly coached and led by a staff that does not adjust during the game. What you see in the first half is what you get in the second. By the third quarter Saban will have his 2nd stringers in and already have his head wrapped around Ole Miss the following week. Sometimes there is a beauty to simplicity. But in this case its a friggin' nightmare.

How can you even type this and think its accurate? Be negative all you want as long as you make valid points. The adjustments on offense in the second half offensively were obvious.
I'm down on Muschamp and Driskel after that game because I do agree that in general poor execution is on the coach, but the "coach players to catch balls" comment is just stupid. Even good players have drops. Robinson had a drop, but he had 15 catches... it happens. It looked like Pittman was trying to make his move too early. Part of this is that these guys have not seen a ton of game action with the ball coming their way. Last year was a wash and we missed out on the Idaho game.

I don't think we can beat Bama, but the reason is the lack of development of the OL and Driskel's inability to connect on the long ball.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we win this game at Bama. I hope I am wrong. I do think it is possible we win this game. If Driskel makes some throws and we get some turn overs then we certainly have a chance, but I wouldn't put money on it. I don't have confidence in Driskel at this point or the OL. Sabin in the past has shown the ability to truly expose an OL with blitzes and I worry about all the communication issues we have had on the OL.

The coaches and players keep saying that everything is fixable... let's hope they fix it and the team plays great and we go on to win the East.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n52277 said:
I don't think we win this game at Bama. I hope I am wrong. I do think it is possible we win this game. If Driskel makes some throws and we get some turn overs then we certainly have a chance, but I wouldn't put money on it. I don't have confidence in Driskel at this point or the OL. Sabin in the past has shown the ability to truly expose an OL with blitzes and I worry about all the communication issues we have had on the OL.

The coaches and players keep saying that everything is fixable... let's hope they fix it and the team plays great and we go on to win the East.

Screw the East! I want the Golden Vagina (thanks Sas) trophy this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.