Bama game next week - thoughts?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hotrod;n51731 said:
I think a lot of us Gator fans will be drinking heavily before half time and switching to another more completive game on our TV's. I have no confidence in Muschamps ability as a coach to prepare a team for a big game. I hope I'm wrong but games at the swamp have been painful to watch since Muschamp took over the program.

Maybe he will shock Bama and do like the LSU game in 2012 when things weren't working on offense and Jumbo package them into submission. They will never expect that with Roper here now.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
I'm afraid we are going to get an ass-pounding on National TV. I'd like to think we worked out some kinks in the second half of the KY game, learned how to win under adversity, and corrections will be made, film will be analyzed, blah, blah, blah. Unfortunately, Nick (and every other SEC team) knows it isn't just about the win. It is about knocking out the last bricks holding up the building and watching our program get leveled. I want a win. Hell, I want a decisive win. But do I think there is snowball's chance in hell of that? No. I think we're going to watch our program conclusively fall into rubble at the hands of better coached opponents all season. Want different. Think that.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator said:
I'm afraid we are going to get an ass-pounding on National TV. I'd like to think we worked out some kinks in the second half of the KY game, learned how to win under adversity, and corrections will be made, film will be analyzed, blah, blah, blah. Unfortunately, Nick (and every other SEC team) knows it isn't just about the win. It is about knocking out the last bricks holding up the building and watching our program get leveled. I want a win. Hell, I want a decisive win. But do I think there is snowball's chance in hell of that? No. I think we're going to watch our program conclusively fall into rubble at the hands of better coached opponents all season. Want different. Think that.
we may very well get our asses kicked...but the one major thing that's different this year is that our offensive coaches made changes for the 2nd half and they were successful. Driskel was successful and so was Jones with the emphasis on the power run game. In past years we just kept running the same **** over and over again thinking it's only execution. No you gotta change the scheme a bit as well.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n51749 said:

Please tell me which team in the entire country you could expect to have a decisive win AT Alabama. And that doesn't include NFL teams.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Captain Sasquatch said:

Please tell me which team in the entire country you could expect to have a decisive win AT Alabama. And that doesn't include NFL teams.
Didn't say I expect it, said I want it. Big difference.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:

A&M and LSU

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:

I want a billion dollars, but that doesn't make it a realistic expectation.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Captain Sasquatch said:

'Zactly. Expectations are different from wants. I want a decisive win, but it isn't a realistic expectation. Same page, now, Quatch?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake said:
Gator Fever;n50012 said:
After watching that and especially Driskel I think Saban is just going to load the box and just make sure Robinson doesn't get the ball in space like that so much. Their defense is down some from previous years but it looks like we wont be that hard to defend considering they have much better talent than KY but we will see I guess. I do think our defense will improve a lot and a 2012 type victory isn't 100% out of the question.

Seriously, if I'm Saban its pretty damn simple and like you said load the box to stop Taylor and Jones. Go man on defense and double cover Robinson. Then sit back and make Driskel beat you. Saban will watch game film and see that Driskel can't hit 20-30 yrd verticals or hit deep sideline patterns. Saban will also shrug his shoulders and see pedestrian pass routes that are neither sharp or well timed. Saban also knows the Gators are very poorly coached and led by a staff that does not adjust during the game. What you see in the first half is what you get in the second. By the third quarter Saban will have his 2nd stringers in and already have his head wrapped around Ole Miss the following week. Sometimes there is a beauty to simplicity. But in this case its a friggin' nightmare.
Not trying to be a turd but your perfect defense only works if we let them play with extra players. You can't cover 2x2s and trip 1s and double cover one guy and load the box. BUT if they did that your right we're screwed ;)

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
HogtownGator said:
I'm hanging my hope for the week on what the Dude says.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :( said:
601Gator;n50028 said:
We have more of a chance than most on this board think right now.

Because.. reasons?
Because college kids never cease to amaze me. Because our teams have historically played down to bad teams, especially Vandy. Because no one thinks they can. Because I'm giving hope a chance!

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator said:
I Have No Friends :(;n50046 said:
Because.. reasons?

Defensively we match up better with them than people think. What killed us the most tonight on defense? Towles. Sims is no Towles. So we put VH3 on Cooper, and Cooper will get his catches don't get me wrong, but he won't be as big a factor, contain the run, and see what Sims can do to win the game himself.

Also, their secondary is suspect. Robinson can burn them.
I'm with ya. We let UK believe. If we'd a scored on opening drive and held them, I think the Swamp is alive and we swallow them up

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Beating bama would be great but not what it was 3 years ago. And by the way we did beat them when they were monsters. Bama is a good team but that's it right now. Definetly beatable.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n51909 said:
Beating bama would be great but not what it was 3 years ago. And by the way we did beat them when they were monsters. Bama is a good team but that's it right now. Definetly beatable.
Well...they are the #2 team in the country right now so yeah they may not be #1 like 3 years ago but i think it might still be a tough task

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n51255 said:
Wait, what if Bama has an atrocious game, like us v UK ? with the help of our fired up defense with good run support.
Why do you act like us vs. UK was some sort of anomaly. It was a normal game like us vs everyone in the last three + years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n51914 said:
Well...they are the #2 team in the country right now so yeah they may not be #1 like 3 years ago but i think it might still be a tough task

I'll take it even though bama sucks this year

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Law98gator;n51916 said:
Why do you act like us vs. UK was some sort of anomaly. It was a normal game like us vs everyone in the last three + years.

Not to speak for anyone else (Rog), but maybe Hope springs eternal?
I am a realist and I know that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Muschamp sucked and he will suck again.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If we win we have turned the corner and we will have years of Mushamp and Roper and lots of championships but if we lose I see 5 more losses and a coaching search, and a rebuilding year and then maybe in 2016 we can be decent again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.