BCS Champions Ranked

Jun 2, 2015
Texas was a good team with a transcendant talent at QB. UF was a GREAT team with a transcendant talent at QB. I don't think Texas' defense could have stopped that '08 offense, and I know for a damn fact our defense could have stopped Vince Young's offense. USC's defense was not that great that year, Fresno even ran up a ton of points on them. If it wasn't for USC's offense in '05, they wouldn't have sniffed the title game. I do, however, think they underrated '04 USC.

I think '08 UF and '01 Miami should be 1-2, in whichever order you want it.

Captain, I agree with you and with the 3 major college teams in FL ranking 2, 3 & 4, further proves how rich Florida's recruiting ground is and the caliber of players we have to choose from.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think 95 was the first. Otherwise, we would’ve been in the Sugar playing an at large top 10 school vice the Fiesta vs the steroid huskers.

As you hinted, the Bowl Alliance was the BCS before the big 10 and pac 10 realized they weren’t nearly as important as they thought they were.
#1 played #2. People forget that teams before that would often play some 3 loss Pac team and claim NC. scUM did the same, often playing 2 or 3 loss teams, and played the games at home.

We won it on the field, just like at the other bcs champs.

Last edited:

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Boys, this is a GATOR message board and nobody, NOBODY has taken a dump on the Vols yet. Come on.

That Vols team definitely should have been ranked last. They stumbled, or Stoerner did, and they bumbled their way into a MNC. Luckiest team ever to win it all. Tee Martin. The only saving grace is that it happened after Captain Happy Feet took his show to the NFL.

I am thoroughly disappointed it took this long to hate on the Vols. What times are these?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Boys, this is a GATOR message board and nobody, NOBODY has taken a dump on the Vols yet. Come on.

That Vols team definitely should have been ranked last. They stumbled, or Stoerner did, and they bumbled their way into a MNC. Luckiest team ever to win it all. Tee Martin. The only saving grace is that it happened after Captain Happy Feet took his show to the NFL.

I am thoroughly disappointed it took this long to hate on the Vols. What times are these?
Piece of shyt team that everyone knows was really a VERY LUCKY four loss team.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
'95, '96, '01, '08. All great offenses. '84-'85 was pretty good, too.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think 95 was the first. Otherwise, we would’ve been in the Sugar playing an at large top 10 school vice the Fiesta vs the steroid huskers.

As you hinted, the Bowl Alliance was the BCS before the big 10 and pac 10 realized they weren’t nearly as important as they thought they were.

Yes, 1995 was the first college football playoff game. You have the situation right as far as conferences opting out. There was something before 1995 called the Bowl Coalition but it did not match up the two highest ranked teams it had available.

Heck to this day certain conferences, the Ivy, SWAC etc do not participate in the FCS or D1AA playoffs, but no one pretends they are not a playoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.