Billy Napier Intro Press Conference Thread; immediately followed with live Oxcast

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't recall you showing me a single measure of respect in all the years I've been around you. You're generally a coarse jerk to everyone, not just me.

I GET that he may not focus on throwing 300 yards a game. AT THIS POINT, this is such a retarded thing to focus on with all the other problems. He is rebuilding and rescuing this program, and some of you still trash him at every turn because it doesn't appear we're going to be Texas Tech on one side of the ball.

Perhaps we should wait until he coaches at least one game before we start picking apart his offense.

I prefer the term ass hole... and yes I am.

second, I stated that I'm wait and see mode. Mullen was DOA as far as I was concerned... I'm interested enough to see what he does, even though I do have questions about those who hired him and the manner in which that decision was made. I'm not trashing him on every turn, but responding to T's take was inaccurate.

You have been on this hire like some of the mullenites were on Mullen from day one... to the point where you have separated yourself from objective thinking. There are a lot of things to like, but also a lot of things to question with it so far.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I prefer the term ass hole... and yes I am.

second, I stated that I'm wait and see mode. Mullen was DOA as far as I was concerned... I'm interested enough to see what he does, even though I do have questions about those who hired him and the manner in which that decision was made. I'm not trashing him on every turn, but responding to T's take was inaccurate.

You have been on this hire like some of the mullenites were on Mullen from day one... to the point where you have separated yourself from objective thinking. There are a lot of things to like, but also a lot of things to question with it so far.
Other than his passing stats, please give us all a list of things to question about it.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
You know, I don't care if the run/pass ratio is 95/5 or 5/95 if the team averages over 8 yards per play and has a 35 point lead by half time. Heck, if the offense never gets on the field and we are ahead by 35 at the half, I'm a happy Gator. The goal is to win and physically punish those who dare to set foot on the field to oppose us. Any process or approach that accomplishes that goal is good to go.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Other than his passing stats, please give us all a list of things to question about it.

I have posted several thus far, and will probably have more, just like I'll have more answers as I learn more....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss replaced Mac at Alabama... they ran the same offense at Alabama... Napier worked under McElwain and then later under Nuss at Alabama. I think you are too focused on the last stop and not the history.
He also spent 3 years with lane kiffin aswell. I am looking at the whole history. I'm just not fixated on his time with Mac.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He also spent 3 years with lane kiffin aswell. I am looking at the whole history. I'm just not fixated on his time with Mac.

Neither am I, and those 3 years with Kiffin is a positive...

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He said he was going to build a team that dominates the line of scrimmage. If you can dominate the line of scrimmage you can run and pass.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DKThompson: Man, the internet told me they had never heard of him and that they got the actual splash hires.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Perhaps we should wait until he coaches at least one game before we start picking apart his offense.

f0d.jpg

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
d953f2df50b11ffbd835864dcd071ae9

Someone better let Mrs. Napier know that haircut on the smallest one may be revered in Athens or Auburn but that shyt don't fly in Gainesville.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It’s a dated photo, but at least she has at one time owned more standard clothing:

upload_2021-12-7_21-43-22.jpeg

I also found this on my internet search. (From Tuscaloosa magazine) I like her answers (No comment on the other gal on the page.)
upload_2021-12-7_21-54-23.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator